Read the Bible in a year

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by Inis Eoghain, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Inis Eoghain

Inis Eoghain Angels

Father Mike Schmitz has started a podcast where he takes us on a daily journey through the Bible, beginning with Genesis. The aim is to read the entire Bible in one year. I realise we are already three weeks in, since he began on 1 January, but each podcast is only about 20mins, so, with a bit of determination, it shouldn't be too hard to catch up :)
    You can listen to his podcast on your computer or Spotify or anywhere else you usually listen to podcasts.

https://media.ascensionpress.com/podcast/all-bible-in-a-year-episodes/

Carmel333, Booklady, Rose and 2 others like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Thank you very much for posting this. It's a great find.

Booklady, Rose and Inis Eoghain like this.
  3. Inis Eoghain

Inis Eoghain Angels

Dolours, I can only agree :) I'm so happy I came across this.
    We're already on day 63 and solely by the grace of God I've managed to keep up so far.

As a lifelong Catholic aged 60 I am mortified to admit that I have never read the entire Bible through in one go :oops: I am praying that 2021 will be the year I finally make it.
    I have even managed to stick with the reading of Leviticus! I've never been able to read each and every chapter of that book before :X3::LOL:

God bless Father Mike.

Carmel333, Booklady and Rose like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Thank you. Will try, please God.:)

Inis Eoghain and Booklady like this.
  5. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

I did this in 1997 shortly after my conversion. Since then I did it again about 10 years ago and now skip around allot but read pretty regularly. I didn't understand some of it while I read but as life went on, passages would come back to me and I would understand! At the time, although I was raised Catholic, many protestant friends and co workers where trying to get me to come to Church with them, but after understanding the Passover and then all the prophecies of the Messiah and then finding Jesus' references to His Church of Peter I remained Catholic. It really does give us a better understanding of God's plan to know more about His people the Hebrews and the Jewish Religion. Jesus Himself practiced it growing up and I was eager to learn as much about His life and customs as I could. Since then I have encouraged everyone to read through the whole Bible. I find even my protestant friends don't bother, they skip around and pick and choose what they like and miss the whole picture by doing that.

Inis Eoghain likes this.