Quick prayer request: I want to discuss something.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Yesterday I tried twice to post something on here, but for some reason, perhaps it has to do with what happened this morning, I couldn’t; I kept postponing it until I ran out of time and had to go to bed. Yesterday and this I had a couple of discussions and exchanges with people online elsewhere, and it led me back to something I have been uncovering in my soul recently. (I’ve known about it for sometime actually, but I had no idea how deep it went until now.) I’ve been sitting in bed all morning now, rather depressed. I want to discuss these things and they seem rather easy and simple to discuss, but for some reason, I have difficulty discussing them on here.

Can you please pray for me as I get ready to discuss them? I’m going to get out of bed now, go get a cup of coffee and work on a few chores and projects and then come back on here and post the things I want to discuss.

Thanks.

Julia, Shae, Patty and 4 others like this.
  2. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Many prayers going out for you! God bless.

Matt

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Prayers, RW

Julia, heyshepard and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I have decided to take a very brief break from here for now, there are issues I need to deal with by myself with Jesus and Mary, I shouldn’t be gone too long; I’ll definitely stop-by by the Feast of the Annunciation, if I’m not back by then.

Hope everyone enjoys the Feast of St. Patrick.

Carol55, Julia, DesertStar7 and 5 others like this.
  5. Shae

Shae Archangels

Praying for you RW

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Ditto

Julia and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Prayers RW.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

So I’ve been back here briefly due to my friend’s situation regarding her grandmother. I still think I need more time away, to deal with things in my life before I can be back here fully. Thanks everyone for all your prayers, can you please pray also for four men by the names Horton, Gordon, Julian, and, I believe his real name is Thomas? I have had a bad run-in with these people and am trying hard to forgive them and pray for their wellbeing and Salvation. Please pray that they have help with whatever problems they have in their lives and attain Eternal Life.

Thank you.

9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I’m so frustrated, I need Divine Mercy I have committed so many horrible sins in the past, I need to have devotion to God’s Merciful Love; and I know that means showing mercy to others and overcoming my anger issues. And yet, every time I try to be merciful, and I end up going too far and end up being gullible and paying for it, and then I’m back my anger issues and angry at everyone.

I’m frustrated. Keep praying for me and for the men above.

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Perhaps you could speak with a counselor who shares our Faith?

I've three times sought counseling in adulthood, and found confiding in a "disinterested 3rd party" who is willing to listen and provide feedback/guidance to be of real help.

You shouldn't deal with this alone, in real time; and perhaps a Priest is not always as accessible as a counselor (if you have an insurance plan - at least here in the States, I think you're in Canada? -- you should only have to pay maybe $30 towards a one hour visit which, last I knew, cost $80).

Please consider it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    RosaryWielder and Rose like this.
  11. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I have been seeing a counselor, Protestant one, (the only Christian counselor available in my area) I have been seeing her on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. I do have an appointment scheduled for her this coming Tuesday, I'll remember to tell her about all that's happened recently and my new issues I've discovered. Please pray that shut-down doesn't interfere with our appointment.

I do live in Canada, Patrick Coffin said that he believes Canada's vocation is that of kindness. I find that really inspiring as a person who struggles with anger issues, I've always admired the meekness and mildness of fellow-Canadian Catholics like John-Henry Westen and Brain Holdsworth, and I wish and pray to imitate their virtues.

Shae and Dolours like this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Will do, and I came back to this thread to, if I may, add this: These are online interactions? If so, people you've not met in real life?

If these are only online acquaintances, I'd like to, if I may, suggest you reconsider indepth online interactions.

This is the only message board I'm active at. Of online friends, I've retained but one (since 2002).

Ten years ago I got a wake-up call which had me dropping most online interactions after. Long story short: I'd signed onto a message board devoted to Literature. A married couple interacted there. She was cool, he wasn't. This man was never rude nor vulgar, but he was irascible (despite seeming thoughtful and sincere). Others and myself interacted, tried reasoning with him, and all this time I took him seriously; that, despite being irascible and "talkative," he was being sincere.

Well lo and behold, he and wife suddenly go silent. This was partly due to their moving to a distant locale. Some months later they re-emerge, and he with an apology: All the time we'd interacted, he'd been drinking heavily. He'd been DRUNK while posting all that time prior.

I'd have never known, for his having sounded coherent, with good grammar and spelling.

We (including myself) accepted his apology, and then I signed off that board and vowed to drastically cut down online interactions.

Dolours and RosaryWielder like this.
  13. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Yes, these were online interactions. I wanted to take a break from the internet this Lent, but couldn’t because I have an online university course and so needed to stay online. (These men weren’t online classmates by the way.)

The main problem is, I have very few friends offline, and have difficulty making friends for a variety of reasons. Not that I went on that site to make friends mind you, I didn’t go on that site with intentions of being there much, I just went on there to ask a few questions and see a few things.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  14. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

It is difficult being sociable and not finding an outlet, or very few, in real time.

I'm fortunate to have a knack for writing (lifelong), an author with an interest in my story-writing efforts, and I'm now a published poet. That has eased a lot of angst and disappointment, and it's an ongoing delight.

If you can direct some of that energy into writing, painting, drawing -- something to express yourself, alongside of prayer.

Keeping a journal is popular with some folks.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  15. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Thank you. I should add that, one of the reasons why I'm not good at making friends is because up until recently, I haven't been that sociable, and have difficulty trusting people.

But getting to your advice, I have been exploring story-writing and have a mild interest in photography. I have been working on a few stories over the recent months, and I'll try to focus more of my free time into working on them more.

Thank you very much for your advice, keep up the prayers. :)

DesertStar7 likes this.