PUBLIC Mass suspended

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by non sum dignus, Mar 23, 2020.

1. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

A REMNANT INTERVIEW: Bishop Athanasius Schneider on Church’s handling of Coronavirus
    TRANSLATIONS:
    Polish
    French

[​IMG]Bishop Athanasius Schneider

ROME, March 27, 2020 — As the coronavirus continues to spread, Bishop Athanasius Schneider has urged priests to imitate Jesus the Good Shepherd and, for the sake of souls, even disobey the unjust orders of bishops whom he says are now behaving more like “civil bureaucrats” than “shepherds.”

In a new interview on the Church’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic (see full text below), the auxiliary bishop of Saint Mary in Astana, Kazakhstan, said he believes the majority of Catholic bishops reacted “precipitously and out of panic in prohibiting all public Masses.” The decision to close churches, he said, is “even more incomprehensible.”

“As long as supermarkets are open and accessible, and as long as people have access to public transportation, one cannot see a plausible reason for banning people from assisting at Holy Mass in a church,” Bishop Schneider said. “One can guarantee in churches the same and even better hygienic protective measures.”

He said the Church’s handling of the coronavirus epidemic has revealed a “loss of supernatural vision” particularly among the hierarchy — some of whom, he noted, despite their vigilance to combat COVID-19, have “tranquilly allowed the poison virus of heretical teachings and practices to spread among their flock.”

[​IMG]

Bishop Schneider urged priests to remember that they are “first and foremost shepherds of immortal souls,” who are called by their priestly vocation to lay down their lives for the sheep. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, he said priests must “observe all the necessary health precautions” but also “be extremely creative” in finding ways to celebrate Holy Mass and provide the sacraments, even for a small group of the faithful. “Such was the pastoral behavior of all confessor and martyr priests in the time of persecution,” said the bishop, whose early years were spent in the Soviet underground church.

In some cases, he said, the care of souls might necessitate a priest disobeying the unjust order of his bishop. “If a priest is prohibited by an ecclesial authority from going to visit the sick and dying, he cannot obey. Such a prohibition is an abuse of power. Christ did not give a bishop the power to forbid visiting the sick and dying.”

Recalling the heroic example of the sixteenth-century cardinal archbishop of Milan, St. Charles Borromeo (1538-1584), who braved a plague undaunted in order to serve the spiritual needs of its victims, Bishop Schneider said “a true priest will do everything he can to visit a dying person.”

Asked if he believes the coronavirus pandemic is a form of divine retribution for the Pachamama events held inside the Vatican during the October 2019 Amazon Synod, the bishop said that while he does not have “certainty” that these events are related, the idea is “not far-fetched.”

“The cultic veneration of the pagan idol of Pachamama inside the Vatican, with the approval of the Pope, was to be sure a great sin of infidelity to the First Commandment of the Decalogue, it was an abomination,” he said. But he added that “such acts of idolatry were the culmination of a series of other acts of infidelity to the safeguarding of the divine deposit of Faith by many high-ranking members of the Church’s hierarchy in past decades.”

Recalling the Lord’s threat of punishment and call to repentance, directed to bishops in the Book of Revelation (cf. 2:14-16), Bishop Schneider said he is convinced that “Christ would repeat the same words to Pope Francis and to the other bishops” who allowed the veneration of the Pachamama in the Vatican and who “implicitly approved sexual relationships outside a valid marriage” by allowing “divorced and remarried” Catholics who are sexually active to receive Holy Communion.

In the interview on the Church’s response to the coronavirus, Bishop Schneider has also asserted that the uniqueness and severity of the ban on public Masses and sacramental Communion beckons Catholics to consider its “deeper meaning.”

[​IMG]

For more than fifty years, he observed, the Eucharistic presence of Jesus Christ has been “trivialized” and even “desecrated” through the practice of Communion in the hand and the introduction of “protestantizing elements” in the Roman liturgy. “Now,” he said, “the Lord has intervened and deprived almost all the faithful of assisting at Holy Mass and sacramentally receiving Holy Communion. The innocent and the guilty are enduring this tribulation together, since in the mystery of the Church all are mutually united as members.”

To make restitution to God, he said the Pope and bishops ought urgently to carry out a public act of reparation in Rome “for sins against the Holy Eucharist” once the coronavirus pandemic is brought under control. He also said the Pope should issue concrete norms inviting the entire Church to “turn toward the Lord” in the liturgy and “forbid the practice of Communion in the hand.”

“The Church,” he said, “cannot continue unpunished to treat the Holy of Holies in the little sacred Host in such a minimalistic and unsafe manner.”

For the full interview:
    https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/in...schneider-on-church-s-handling-of-coronavirus

+

josephite, Blizzard, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

In Amos 8:11, there was to come a famine for hearing the word of God.

Blizzard and AED like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

"[11] Behold the days come, saith the Lord, and I will send forth a famine into the land: not a famine of bread, nor a thirst of water, but of hearing the word of the Lord."
    [Amos 8:11]
    Douay

josephite, Julia, Blizzard and 3 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Thank you! You know your prophets!

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I know my internet :LOL:

Don_D, Mario and Sam like this.
  6. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

BISHOP ATHANASIUS SCHNEIDER... THE NEXT POPE!

Wouldnt we all love it!

Ah but that would take a major, major miracle.

But we can hope, right?

images.jpeg-1.jpg

7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Meanwhile, at the start of this EWTN video, the priest gives a list of the new coronavirus indulgences. The full video is the Stations of the Cross which qualifies for an indulgence:

josephite, Sam, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  8. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

We are in famine for the Word made Flesh! We have the Word of God online in televised Mass.

Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

This is so true. To me, it is as essential to be able to receive the Sacraments of Holy Mother Church for the health of our souls, as to be able to receive medical assistance and medication for our bodies.

We have all heard of the S.O.S which means Save Our Souls dire emergency call.

What diabolical disorientation has managed to blind our Church leaders to the reality that our immortal souls are in mortal danger without the Sacraments.

How many times have we come across messages from Our Lady warning us to live in a state of grace, because of what is to come. Well. IT IS HERE.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

There were some questions about disobedience regarding the saying of mass. After all if the Bishops have forbade the saying of public mass. So if a priest decides to say mass in a private home is he and the people being disobedient?

Well imagine you found out that a priest in your parish was engaging in child abuse. You went to see your Bishop and he ordered you to be quiet about it , 'For the good of the Church', would such an order be licit? Would you have to obey it? (and there have been such cases). Well of course not because what the Bishop is ordering you to do is evil and no Bishop has the power to order others to do what is evil. It is an illicit order and so is invalid. The Bishop, or Cardinal or Pope has the power to give such an order.

The question then is does a Pope, Cardinal or Bishop have the authority to stop the Public Celebration of the Mass?

I would say no. That they have gone far beyond their authority in so doing.

Read this:

https://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2020/03/20/bishops-authority-cancel-masses/

11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Wow....in the blink of a eye...it just ends....
    This has to be a spiritual event. I’m praying the warning is about to occur. Our world has been turned upside down...this cannot be our new normal....this can never become normal. Surely God has a plan and hopefully it will be revealed soon. As difficult as this is, consider ourselves lucky that we who know and trust in God know that He is in control....ultimately, we are in His hands and subject to His permissive will....whatever that may be. Pray for the grace to accept it. This is not our home. Our home is heaven....praying we all make it home.

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes...it is here. Our Lady has been warning us. It’s not like we were not warned. We were. Confessions, if you can get it is primary now if it’s the only sacrament available. For those who have fallen away from God, the angel at Fatima said, “Penance, penance, penance. I need to do more for my lost loved ones. Time is short I fear.....

13. Indy

Indy Praying

Fantastic holy hermit, I loved that video. He is great, I have been listening to his music and love that also.

Julia, Mary's child and padraig like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

As St Louis Grignion De Montford said, God is riasing up saints towards the End of time who will dwarf other saints as the Lebanon Cedar dwarfs all other tress.

I do love a Bad Boy saint.

Yellowcoffeecup, Julia, Indy and 3 others like this.
  15. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Yes, and you bet God has His Almighty plan <3!

16. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Abp. Viganò calls on Pope Francis to ‘convert’ for Pachamama idolatry in St. Peter’s
    'What we must do is ask forgiveness for the sacrilege perpetrated in the Basilica of Saint Peter's,' the exiled archbishop insisted.
    By Dorothy Cummings McLean
    Mon Mar 30, 2020 - 8:43 pm EST

FOREST LAKE, Minnesota, March 30, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― A former papal nuncio and famous Vatican whistleblower has linked the coronavirus to chastisement from God for sin while calling on Pope Francis to “convert” for having brought into the Church the “terrible sacrilege” of the idolatry of Pachamama.

[....]

“The faithlessness of the Sacred Pastors is a scandal for their confreres and for many among the faithful, not only in terms of lust of thirst for power, but also — I might say especially — when they touch the integrity of the Faith, the purity of the Church’s teachings and the holiness of morals.”

Viganò mentioned in particular the “adoration” of pagan wooden statuettesbefore and during the Synod of Bishops on the Pan-Amazonian Region last October.

“[These clerics] have even committed acts of unprecedented gravity, such as we saw with the adoration of the pachamama idol in the Vatican itself,” he said.

[....]

The archbishop referred to the coronavirus pandemic as a “scourge” and “the divine wrath beating down upon the world.” He said the hierarchy should make “a proper examination of [their] conscience for giving in to the spirit of this world” and “condemn firmly all those errors [they have] allowed in after the second Vatican Council.”

[....]

He did not exempt Pope Francis from these strictures and again alluded to the honors given to the Andean Pachemama, including the strange ritual in which a bowl of plants was brought to Pope Francis during the closing Mass of the Amazon Synod and placed on the altar of St. Peter’s Basilica. The bowl of plants strongly resembled a traditional offering to the pagan fertility goddess.

Viganò believes that penance must be done for these offenses.

“It pains me to have to say that even now, after we have seen the divine wrath beating down upon the world, we go on offending the Majesty of God by speaking of mother earth demanding respect, as the Pope said a few days ago in his umpteenth interview,” Viganò told The Remnant.

[....]

The archbishop was stunned and imagined that others must also have been stunned when, in a recent homily, the Argentinian pontiff suggested that all Catholics bow down to one kind of idol or another.

“How are we to contain our bewilderment when we hear words like those said in Santa Marta on 26 March?” Viganò asked.

“The Pope said, ‘The Lord must not find us, at the end of our lives, and say to us, “You are corrupt. You have left the path I showed you. You have bowed down before idols,’” he recalled.

“Such words as these are truly bewildering, especially if we remember that he himself brought off a terrible sacrilege before the eyes and ears of the whole world, before the very Altar of the Confession of Saint Peter, a real profanation, an act of pure apostasy, with those filthy and satanic images of pachamama.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a...o-convert-for-pachamama-idolatry-in-st-peters

+

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 5 others like this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

Thank God for Archbishop Vigano.

Beth B, maryrose, Julia and 3 others like this.
  18. AED likes this.
  19. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

My daughter and I went to confession today :)

I usually go monthly so I was just checking around today in hopes. The Tucson diocese has shut most everything down. So I went on my app for another parish in the diocese over, Phoenix, and St Anne's in Gilbert had confessions. They were outside and social distancing was observed but we were able to go. And the most amazing, the Church was open and the Blessed Sacrament was displayed on the altar. We were able to sit in front of our King for as long as we wanted. It was beautiful. People sat apart but it was wonderful to see people there praying.

I have been feeling disconnected and this was so wonderful. I felt connected and like part of the Catholic family. I appreciate the situation, I do, but the sacrifice of the Mass is not the same on television.

The pastor of this parish is truly a holy priest. I very much appreciate his efforts to do what he can for his flock.

Joan J, Indy, Beth B and 9 others like this.
  20. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

So happy for you, Tanker. I'm just beginning to understand what "earthly exile" means but I imagine it will get much worse in the future.

This was a lovely encouragement that our electronic connection, while not a perfect substitute for the Real Presence and fellow Catholics, offered a way to let us partake in a wonderful event.

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-ne...2I3DzKDzDRGx2acglQVtLZRqQcN6Jqczp_oQDdNXkf2oU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (CNA.)
    WORLD | MAR. 31, 2020
    Britons Rededicate England to the Blessed Virgin Mary
    In a message before the ceremony, Pope Francis said he prayed that the rededication would “inspire all to persevere in the urgent task of sharing the joy of the Gospel with the men and women of our times".
    Catholic News Agency
    LONDON, England — More than half a million people took part Sunday in the rededication of England to Our Lady Sunday, organizers have said.

The English bishops had originally asked Catholics to gather in churches and cathedrals for the rededication at noon March 29. They were forced to change their plans when the government imposed a lockdown across the country in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

They invited Catholics instead to follow the rededication ceremony live from their homes on the website of the Catholic National Shrine and Basilica of Our Lady in Walsingham, Norfolk. So many logged on that the site crashed. Another website broadcasting the ceremony, churchservices.tv, also crashed. Organizers then asked viewers to follow the event on YouTube.

During the ceremony, Catholics recited an Act of Entrustment of England to Mary. The Act reaffirmed England’s status as the “Dowry of Mary”, a title dating back to at least the 14th century.

In a homily after the rededication, shrine rector Msgr John Armitage said: “When our bishops decided three years ago to undertake this rededication, they could never have foreseen the extent of our need at this time. Today we undertake this dedication in the ‘eye of the storm’.

“We have long pondered and treasured the words of Pope Leo XIII to an earlier generation of bishops: ‘When England returns to Walsingham, Our Lady will return to England.’ In the hour of our need Our Blessed Mother has indeed returned to England.”

In a message before the ceremony, Pope Francis said he prayed that the rededication would “inspire all to persevere in the urgent task of sharing the joy of the Gospel with the men and women of our times".

"As they strive to bear witness to the beauty of our Catholic faith, to promote unity between Christians and to proffer the merciful love of Jesus to the poorest of our brothers and sisters," he urged them "to draw wisdom and strength from the example and intercession of the country’s many confessors and martyrs.”

Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the Archbishop of Westminster and president of the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales, posted a video of himself reciting the rededication prayers at home.

“Today is the day we rededicate ourselves to Our Blessed Lady,” he wrote on Twitter. “This act of dedication asks of us to make a gift of ourselves to her. We ask for her protection, her mantle of love cast over us and our nations.”

Before the coronavirus outbreak, 299 churches, schools and organizations had signed up on a rededication map on the official website. After the government imposed restrictions on public gatherings, more than 2,000 individuals added their markers to the map.

Organizers said that a total of 382,000 people took part in the ceremony via livestreams. They explained that when they took into account the data from the map sign-ups, this brought the figure over 500,000. They added that this was a conservative estimate, as EWTN Great Britain also livestreamed the ceremony via Facebook, YouTube and its website.

Beth B, Sam, Mario and 3 others like this.