Prophesy - GSWYL

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Dolours, it is clear from scripture and church teachings that God gave us three way's to communicate his truth. 1) Holy Scripture 2) Church Magisterium 3) Prophecy. It is also seems clear to me that if mankind had remained faithful to the first two ordinary means of God's communication to his faithful, the 3rd means would not be necessary. Herein lies the main reason God is once again using his prophets, his messengers (Amos 3:7) is that the first two have once again lost their salt, because his priest sons have largely failed to universally teach the fullness of the faith and let heretical teachings trickle down through the centuries and today is the worst of it, so he is speaking through his prophets. One can reject or ignore this, but it is a reality whether one wants to believe it or not.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Verne likes this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Sorry, Fatima, but I don't find that convincing. Not all of our prelates have lost their salt and certainly not all our priests. I believe that when Heaven wants to communicate messages to the faithful He will use the Church which is the channel instituted by Him to deliver His message. Sure, God may use the least of His children to first convey the message to His Church as He did by sending Our Lady to children as at Fatima, but I don't believe that He will convey messages to us via random people here, there and yon, especially when we can't possibly discern the veracity of the messages and sincerity of the messengers.

It's a bit of a stretch to equate someone like, say, Noah whose righteousness and integrity were easily observable to the people hearing his message with Mrs Smith from Anyoldtown who says that God is telling her to communicate with the world, bypassing His Church in the process. Now, if Mrs. Smith went first to her local Bishop and asked him to help her figure out whether she's hearing God, some other spirit, or a figment of her own imagination and paid attention to the Bishop's advice, I might consider her worth listening to. If she doesn't bother with the Bishop or disregards his advice, I'm inclined to give her a wide berth, especially if all I know about her is third, fourth or fifth party information related via the internet.

Mac, Jarg and josephite like this.
  3. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Sorry Dolours, but it is the same God in the Old Testament who used prophets all the time that does not change and New Testament scripture states very clearly that he would continue to do as much and even warned his church to "not despise prophecy" as so many today are doing. I did not say all prelates have lost their salt, but certainly enough that His church is in dire need and that is why He has sent his Mother so often in the past century and why he has also sent various other messengers to warn and prepare those who have ears to hear.

From the book God Speaks Will You Listen www.godspeakswillyoulisten
    4/07
    I Peter 4:17 The Lord will judge his people: For the time is, that judgment should begin at the house of God. And if first at us, what shall be the end of them that believe not the gospel of God?What is the house of God? Today it is the church the new Israel. To understand this better, briefly study the nation of Israel. The children of Israel were God’s chosen people. Time after time God warned his people through the prophets. His people rejected the prophets and God judged his people.

5-21-07 A.M.My son, I am your Heavenly Father who is answering your question. I am answering you to let you know your Father in heaven truly cares about you, even to the smallest detail. I can reveal myself to you in many ways; through my creation, my Holy Word, my Son, His blessed Mother, my church, my prophets, or through my still small voice. Remember verify these words through my Holy Word.

4. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

Dolours, you are one smart cookie! The clarity you convey in your posts is a Blessing to all who read them!

5. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Julia,

Well said. I agree, so long as the Church has not advised us to not follow a particular seer then I feel comfortable "taking what is good in them and leaving the parts that may cause concern".

When it comes to GSWYL I have not seen any statements from the Vatican at all. I like some of the messages and others I am not sure about but I have also not read everything from Cletus either. To be honest when I read something that I am not sure about from a particular unapproved seer I prefer to spend my time on other things.

MonicaHope, I think that everyone here appreciates your honesty and it is best to state your concerns and ask questions than not to do so. As Catholics we are not required to believe approved private revelation, so we are certainly not encouraged to believe unapproved prophecy.

The following video has been posted on MOG numerous times in the past but you may find it helpful if you have not seen it already,

6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not particularly smart, Monica, and I'm certainly not learned so don't attribute any more weight to my opinions than you would to your own. We're all on a learning curve here. Not trusting myself to discern prophecy, I'm very grateful to God for giving us the Church and I'm very grateful that the Church in her wisdom has established set procedures for discerning messages from Heaven. I wouldn't want to give the impression that each and every private revelation should be submitted to the Vatican for discernment, although I do believe that anyone getting ongoing messages should seek the guidance or spiritual direction of a faithful priest. Rather, it's the messages purportedly meant to be conveyed to the world which I believe should be submitted to Church authority for discernment before being made public. As far as I know, the Church, and only the Church, has been given authority by God to be His voice to the world. I'm not aware of any evidence to the contrary.

I'm half sorry I got involved in this thread because I didn't want to get involved in controversy. I did so merely to let you know that you aren't the only one who prefers to follow Church approved prophecy and apparitions.

josephite, AED and Carol55 like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I know you didn't say that all prelates have lost their salt, and I'm sorry that my reply gave you that impression. What I was trying to say is that there are enough faithful men of authority in the Church for God to use if he wants to convey messages to the faithful or to the wider world.

The prophets God used to warn His people tended to have some pedigree or God worked some miracle (Daniel in the lion's den) to show that they were the real deal. Miracles were performed in Lourdes, Fatima and Guadalupe.

Your link to that website doesn't work for me. I see nothing in what you have quoted to confirm that the person you are quoting is receiving messages from God to be conveyed directly to the world rather than via God's established authority on earth - His Church.

The current debacle of the Vatican misrepresenting the message in Pope Benedict's letter is an example of how I believe God uses His Church to convey His message even when the performance of those in authority falls short of His standards. The Vatican's communications department misrepresented Pope Benedict. Most people wait until someone is dead before misrepresenting them to support a particular point of view. It takes a particular type of arrogance to do so while the person is still alive. It turns out now that the paragraph they hid is one where Pope Benedict pointed out that one of the theologians was no supporter of the Magisterium during the two previous papacies. Not only that, it turns out that the particular German theologian was an old acquaintance of Pope Francis, having known him in Buenos Aires as far back as the 1960's. It also turns out that that theologian was at least close to, if not an influence on, Cardinal Kasper. He also had a meeting with Pope Francis in the Vatican shortly after Pope Francis was elected. It appears that the theologian was less than enthusiastic about what emerged from the Council of Trent. We would never have known anything about that theologian or his association with Cardinal Kasper and then Cardinal Bergoglio had the Vatican not tried to pull the wool over people's eyes, and had we heard it few would have believed it. We know now, and it was revealed to us by the Church albeit unintentionally on the part of the Vatican's Communications Department.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Don_D like this.
  8. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I think it is a bit much to expect people to believe any messages claiming to be from God the Father with no miracles or approval after this in 1947....I, among you the elect, with Christ as Our Captain, will fight for you […] The wrath of Satan is no longer restrained; the Spirit of God is withdrawn from the earth, the Church will be left a widow, behold the funeral drape, She will be left to the mercy of the world.

I believe the messages from GSWYl to be demonic.

9. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Monica,

In my humble opinion you are wise to err on the side of caution. There is a plethora of unapproved messages today. More than at any time in Church history. I myself stick to what is approved by the Church simply because I do not have time to wade through the voluminous messages that are floating around. I am sure some of them are genuine, but my discernment is that the majority are not from God.

Being in a state of grace is no assurance that one can discern correctly, as two people in a state of grace can discern exactly the opposite of each other. St. John Vianney discerned that LaSalette was not from God until the Church approved it. If a great saint like that can discern wrongly then who am I to think that I have some greater gift of discernment than him?

I would not tell people that they should not look at unapproved prophecy, but what I would say is that we should place all unapproved prophecy on a lower rung than that which has the approval of the Church.

As Dolours mentioned I also wish that people would not use definite terms when speaking of any unapproved messages either. It would be nicer if they said something like "Seer X" claims that Our Lady told her..." Rather than stating flatly "Our Lady said..." before we know that to be true. If we're not careful we very well may be inadvertently attributing the devil's words to The Mother of God.

MonicaHope, AED, josephite and 3 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

I completely agree. It is dangerous to wade into those waters. St John of the Cross warns us to run from such things. Look what happened to those who believed Charlie Johnston. The Bishop finally had to speak against it but by this time some people changed their whole lives and lost lots of money. Just very very dangerous.

11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Do you believe then that Father Gobbi was a church prelate who was used by God? To my knowledge there were no miracles attached to him, but he had 10's of thousands of faithful priests who were part of the Marian Movement of Priests. While some prophets of old were also given gifts of signs of their ministry, yet not all. Jonah was a prophet who ran from God's desire to use him as a mouth piece to his justice and he was punished for this being ship wrecked and living for three day's in the belly of a large fish. Did John the Baptist perform miracles in prophetically announcing the savior. Seems to me he got his head chopped off for proclaiming the truths of the faith, but did not perform miracles to validate his prophetic nature. I could go on and on with those in biblical times as well as our own that Of course Jesus "will convey messages to us via random people here, there and yon", as he has and he can and he still is. He is not limited to whom he chooses as you say.

Mac may believe that the messages in God Speaks Will You Listen "are demonic". Yet he nor anyone else can find just one sentence in that whole book that is contrary to scripture or church teaching. Or if you can please present, let you too reject scripture's teaching to "not despise prophecy, but test". If it is the work of God you will be working against him and I don't think that will fair out well for anyone in the end working against God's messengers. We are not asked or expected to discern "the veracity" of the messages" out there, but one had better not reject publicly what God is doing in and through his prophets, lest they be working against the will of God himself.

The bottom line is, most have not studied or read, much less found anything contrary to scripture or church teaching in the book GSWYL, but as we see on this forum, it does not stop them from condemning them! That is at the least unwise and and most very offensive to "God's servants, his prophet's" Amos 3:7 and despise scripture itself, as it teaches "do not despise prophecy, but test".

If anyone had read the book GSWYL, you will see that it is not flattering to Verne. He was chastised by God several times in it for his not wanting this mission God charged him to. Once being warned of the same fate of Jonah for not doing what he was commissioned by God to do. Several other times in the book his was shown by God to have fallen short of his divine will with his pride and other weaknesses.

Mary's child and lynnfiat like this.
  12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Wasn't Jonah the son of a prophet which would have given him some pedigree? The righteousness of John the Baptist was evident for all to see. I've heard of Fr. Gobbi but really don't know much about him. What prophecies of his have come to pass?

My approach to this is simple (you would probably regard it as simplistic): God gave us a Church to spread His message and interpret its meaning. He gave us shepherds to guard us from the wolves. In one sense, the Magisterium is a kind of guard dog. It seems contradictory to me, therefore, that, having given us a guard dog, God would tell us to bark ourselves.

13. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

Thank you to the forum members who have offered encouragement. It was a bit unsettling to be accused of "despising prophesy" and more so to being"opposed to the Spirit of Truth". There seems to be something seriously amiss with the GSWYL messages. It has been so helpful reading how others on this forum discern prophesy. Thank you.

josephite, AED and Praetorian like this.
  14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Even though you said you was done with this thread, you must have found reason to return again. In doing so, I would like to provide you all the support and credit that you deserve in your attempt to discredit the book God Speaks Will You Listen. Now you come back happy to have found others who desire to discredit it as well. So I provide you and anyone else who have demonized the works of God in this book an opportunity to do so on its merits. You say in your latest post that "there seems to be something seriously amiss" with GSWYL, yet you nor anyone else, for over two years that I have been posting its messages, have brought even ONE (1) message forward where there is error either in our faith or morals (doctrines) of the faith. There are dozens of messages in this book given over a years time. Holy monks, priests and theologians have studied this book and found nothing contrary to faith or morals. So I challenge all on the MOG forum, especially those who have spoken against God's messages in the book God Speaks Will You Listen, to put up your words to justify your disdain for the writings in this book you claim are "amiss", "demonic", "false" and many other slanderous words against God's workds. I do so, that you may find favor with God and that you may not be opposing his Divine Will in speaking as he chooses through his messengers. I do so that those who oppose God's works, even if you walk in its doctrines alone, will not find his judgement, as so many did at the time of Noah and Sodom when God sent his prophets whom were dismissed and persecuted. We are at the end of an age. It is the most relevant period in history for God to be using his prophets his messengers (Amos 3:7). And yes, there are false one's, easy for those who know scripture and church teachings to dismiss. What I ask, is for those on MOG who dismiss the book GSWYL to do as much, by using your professed learned knowledge, read the book GSWYL and show, where I and others that have received confirmation from and within it, to its teaching error.

Mary's child and lynnfiat like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

If I may say so, this was really not a great way to show charity on this thread. It is the end of the Lenten season soon, and I think each one of us should look within and see when/if we used force-driven argument and did not judge before examining, not using due diligence. Yes, certainly, the Church does not require that we follow apparitions to be saved. But actually, I doubt if the Church would want to judge messages from alleged locutionaries whose messages seem dire and condemnatory to the Church (abuses?). We all know what I am talking about here. So maybe it would be best if we simmered down and let each one of us make our decisions, and try our best not to put our feet into the jump ropes of our fellow believers. Sometimes MOG forum threads remind me of schoolyard tactics, somewhat bullying, somewhat clique-y. Lent is the time to see this. Monica, I am sorry you felt unsettled, but I think you came off on the offensive. Just my HO. Then I got snippy. And we were off to the races. Sorry for my part in this. I apologize. I want each person to be free to judge GSWYL themselves, not based on what someone else thinks. Maybe someone can also help by seeing if there are any other messages recently from God the Father since that was a sticking point with Monica.
    Jesus, take care of this situation and use Your grace to bring peace and understanding out of it.
    Blessed Mother, help us.

Verne, josephite, Don_D and 3 others like this.
  16. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

What the heck! I'll ignore the ice still floating on the top of the lake and just jump in. (It builds character. Or something.)

This is from Spirit Daily from five years ago: http://www.spiritdaily.net/prophecychurch1.htm

There was Saint Bridget of Sweden (1873): "When the feast of Saint Mark shall fall on Easter, the feast of Saint Anthony on Pentecost, and that of Saint John on Corpus Christi, the whole world shall cry, 'Woe.'"

The Feast of Saint Mark commemorates Mark the Evangelist and takes place on April 25. Easter Sunday falls on April 25 in 2038.

Saint Anthony's feast falls on June 13. Pentecost Sunday is on June 13 in 2038.

The Feast of St John is fixed at June 24.
    The Feast of Corpus Christi is a movable feast, which means that it depends on the date of Easter Sunday. It is celebrated on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday, which falls one week after Pentecost Sunday. Corpus Christi falls on June 24 in 2038

(NOTE: In the dioceses of the United States, celebration of the Feast of Corpus Christi is transferred to the following Sunday.)

SO:
    in 2038 Easter is on April 25 (the latest date it can fall) which is the Feast of St. Mark.
    In 2038 the Feast of Corpus Christi falls on June 24, which is the Feast of St. John.
    In 2038 Pentecost falls on June 13, which is the Feast of St. Anthony.

WOE! (Or is it, "Whoa!" ?)

Praetorian and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Can’t find a shivering emoji:D

18. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Just this sentence to Verne is enough for me.

The warning will fulfill the prophecies of: Blessed Anna Maria Taiga, Lourdes, Fatima, Divine Mercy, and Garabandal

I do not believe in Garabandal.So I cannot believe these messages.

19. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Fatima, I respect you very much and I think you have written many good things on the forum, but I wish you would be a little easier on Monica. She is just expressing her opinion as you are. She has read some of the messages and finds them unsettling. That is absolutely fine. I know you are a big supporter of Verne and you may post these messages as long as Padraig feels they are fine to post, but I think it is wrong to belittle someone and treat them roughly because they have discerned differently than you. It is not as if Monica is saying something against Church teaching. If that were the case I could see being forceful with her, but I read all of her posts and she seems very respectful and is just trying to join in the conversation.

josephite, Mary's child and AED like this.
  20. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I have long thought the 2038 date (which is one of the few dates pointed to in prophecy) is very interesting because it was predicted long ago, but also coincides somewhat with the possible 2029 100-year time limit associated with Fatima.

AED likes this.