Prophesy - GSWYL

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Mar 14, 2018.

1. A woman from Montreal, Georgette Faniel, was alleged to receive messages from the Virgin, Jesus, and the Heavenly Father. She was withdrawn from the world for the most part. She suffered stigmata and sometimes felt her heart wounded as from a piercing. There is a book called Mary Queen of Peace, Stay with Us where a priest named Father Armand Girard interviewed Georgette about her experiences. She was a victim soul for the salvation of souls and additionally for the conversion of unbelievers. It was a very interesting book and I personally discern Georgette to be credible because of her humility. She passed away in 2002.

HeavenlyHosts, Julia and padraig like this.
  2. MonicaHope

MonicaHope Angels

I love Truth! I did try to look at some of the GSWYL messages, but to be truthful, like the messages from Locutions to the World, they just did not feel legitimate to me. Call it whatever you may, but Fatima, if your discernment leads you to embrace Verne's messages, that does not mean you should belittle my discernment process that reaches a different conclusion. Because there seems to be a strong following of these messages on this forum, and also so not to offend anyone, I am not posting again on this thread. Jesus, I Trust In You.

3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Cheer up Monica, and don't be mistaken into thinking that because there is no big reaction to any messages from a given messenger, that means a following. Wrong assumption on that one.

I do like the messages on GSWYL as it happens; but do not know if they are heaven sent. There is no harm in taking what is good in them and leaving the parts that may cause concern. That is what Saint Paul advised us to do.

Some messengers I do not even read at all, have long since felt uncomfortable with them. This does not mean they are bad; it just means they are not for Julia. LOL So be happy and enjoy the many threads and subjects available on this little oasis of peace that occasionally has a little storm, which always blows over. Thank God.

Light, Don_D, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  4. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

We must remember all of us in a state of grace/Baptized and Confirmed have the gifts of the Holy Spirit. This recently is giving med pause to really consider...could we all have latent gifts we are not yet aware of or know how to bring out as yet?? To the best of my knowledge ;), I know I don't have, say the gift of tongues or visions or interpretation I wish I had.

This is just something I've started pondering more deeply recently, no doubt inspired by non-Catholic friendships. Yes, Padrig, we ought not be putting the Holy Spriti into a box. We Catholics do not have the market cornered on the Holy Spirit. I otherwise have always believed we all have different gifts, calling us all to further appreciate our differences.

Julia likes this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Our home Parish is going to do a series of classes over a period of a couple of months and finally wind up with us getting baptism in the Holy Spirit. Yes, it is a Roman Catholic Parish. And since Confirmation, I was never baptised in the Holy Spirit to my knowledge. I am planning to attend, hoping it sharpens my Faith in some way.

The bottom line is not even the Holy Spirit can make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but Julia can always hope. And who knows what God might have in store. Praised be Jesus and Mary.

padraig likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

I got the Baptism in the Spirit Julia, but all it gave me was a red face. :D:D

I hope it pans out better for you, I was maybe one of those sow's ears.:);)

Julia likes this.
  7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

ComeSoon, many Christians do not fully realize that so long as they are in the state of grace, the are a living/walking temple of the Holy Trinity, they are the arc or temple of the new covenant with God through Christ. Some are looking for the temple in Jerusalem to be rebuilt. This is a grave error of misunderstanding of Jesus words and what the Holy Scriptures taught. Most do not realize we, those who are in sanctifying grace, are the new temple and the Catholic Church is the new Jerusalem. If we truly realize this, we bring Jesus to whomever and wherever we are. Following is a message given in the book GSWYL on this.

GSWYL 11/6/07
    Many teach the physical nation of Israel is the fulfillment of my scripture. Many teach the antichrist will resume the Jewish sacrifice in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem to constitute the abomination of desolation. This is a false teaching, not from God, but from human understanding. My son, in the book of Daniel, the persecution by the Jews under Antiochus can be considered a partial fulfillment of the abomination of desolation. But the complete fulfillment has not yet taken place. At my death, the veil in the temple was rent in two and the old sacrificial covenant was replaced by my new covenant. My sacrifice on the cross was the final sacrifice for my peoples’ sin. I am the fulfillment of the promise to Abraham. I am the seed of Abraham, the son of David, in whom all the nations of the earth are blessed. My nation of Israel is my church, not the modern nation of Israel. My people are now all those who become part of my church through sanctifying grace.

Light and Patty like this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

As there seems to be some confusion with whether God the Father can and does speak to his messengers, the following short video is a person who explains herself what the Father has given her to understand.

In part of this revelation by Carol Ameche (who died in 2011), she explains how homes of refuge will be necessary and that we are to share everything with all who God sends. When Cletus had the books (20,000) made with Verne's messages from God, they were all blessed by a very holy priest and most of them were sent to known refuges around the country, not to be opened until after the Warning. They are to serve as a study guide for how to understand what has just taken place and how to respond to it. I was reminded of this in listening to Carol speak of homes for refuge.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Patty likes this.
  9. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Thank you and bless you! Just did.
    booklady

Fatima likes this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Monica,
    You don't need to defend your preference to await Church approval before accepting private revelation/locutions/apparitions. I take them all with a huge pinch of salt until they receive Church approval because I trust that the Church will do a thorough investigation before declaring them worthy of belief. In my opinion the Church's approach to these matters is prudent. I prefer to err on the side of caution because the vast majority of seers/prophets/locutionists/visionaries are frauds/deluded/mistaken. We are not obliged to believe even messages or apparitions which the Church declares worthy of belief. We can't go wrong by following the Church's guidance.

I would prefer that people promoting messages which the Church has not declared worthy of belief would make that clear when quoting the messages. We all have a responsibility to avoid leading people into error and should the messengers/visionaries, etc. subsequently be proven to be frauds or simply wrong, there is no guarantee that a post on the forum saying so will be seen by everyone who had read the messages. General advice to take the good and leave the rest of prophecy is all very well for those who recognise what is or isn't worth heeding but it could be unhelpful or even dangerous for those who aren't sufficiently well catechised to know the difference.

11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Of course what you say is true, Dolours
    I said to Monica in the beginning that she was certainly free to not believe
    But there is that flip side where some comments might drive forum readers away from something true

Mary's child and Dolours like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Well said.

josephite, Praetorian and Allyd like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, Dolours’ post was well said
    She always posts beautifully
    But I just now thought this about Church approval of anything: how can the Church get its act together to approve anything right now that is Orthodox?
    Perhaps that is an explanation for why there are so many prophecies now. But I agree, we must be careful and each of us examine how we wish to approach them
    But we must be careful lest we quench the Spirit

Mary's child and Blizzard like this.
  14. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Although I do believe in some unapproved manifestations (eg Garabandal, Medjugorje) I think you are absolutely right here. So caution and discernment are necessary, as many have pointed out here, these are confusing times.

And at the end of the day I very much doubt the first question we will be asked when the get to the other side will be:

"Did you believe in.... (fill in the blanks with whatever prophet/seer/apparition you like).

I once came across an alleged messenger who was quoted as saying, among other "gems" that the reason there are some many gay people on earth now was because God was sending them here as a way to control overpopulation!

Well, I wish all "seers" were that easy to discern...

[​IMG]

15. AED

AED Powers

Yes!! If only. When in doubt do without. (Pass them by)

16. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thank you. The last thing I want to do is silence people who understand how to discern prophecy because I freely admit my own inadequacies on that topic. The main reason I'm not overly concerned about the current state of affairs in the Vatican with regard to determining what is worthy of belief is that the people making these decisions know that there is always a danger that what they approve today could be disproven tomorrow. Nobody would want to be the person in the Church who declared worthy of belief something which is later proved to be fraudulent. They also have access to far more background information and private/confidential documents and interview reports than the general public. I trust them on this, with the fervent hope that my trust is not displaced.

What worry me most are the ones that fall through the cracks. Not all "prophecies" or "prophets" are referred to the Vatican for investigation. And sometimes the questionable ones go on to spread their messages far and wide despite the local Bishop warning people against them. All it takes for them to make a living or get rich off their "prophecies" is to get up some steam in the early stages by being careful not to say anything directly opposed to Church teaching, attract a group of devotees who will help spread their messages and then the world's their oyster no matter what the Church authorities say and no matter how questionable the content or source of their later messages.

We have to be careful both because Satan's no idiot and because prophesying or relaying supposed messages from Heaven can be a lucrative business. Most true prophets have been poor and persecuted. As far as I know, all have been obedient to the authority of the Church.

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Bayside false apparition is a prime example

18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

You are right, Satan is no idiot. And he does not want true prophets and true prophecy to be accepted, rather he will create doubt in everyone's mind, just as he has with every approved prophecy and apparitions. Even the kids at Fatima were not believed by their priest or family.

As Father Hardon said, one needs to make sure what is being said does not contradict scripture or Catholic teaching.

Knowing this, one might wonder, why is God using ordinary people as his messengers today? The answer is the same as it has been throughout history. His priests, his chosen sons, have not fulfilled their mission to evangelize and teach the fullness of God's truths. So he chooses the simple, the humble and the lowly to to what his priest sons have not. It is that simple.

Finally, I don't know why most refuse to hear his prophets when they do speak. After all God said he would use them thoughout the old and new testament Amos 3:7 "for surely the Lord God reveals his plan through his servants, his messengers".

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Don_D and Blizzard like this.
  19. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Blizzard/ComeSoon!,

This is wonderful advice!

My whole experience at Lourdes was amazing from the moment I stepped into the airport, the whole place is beautiful and filled with warmth. I truly felt the embrace of Our Lady the whole time. The procession of lights was my favorite, my only regret is that I did not do it every evening I was there. Reciting the Rosary with thousands of other people in multiple languages is incredible!

I recommend getting to the baths early but if there is a long line there you will be reciting the Rosary while you wait and the time appears to go by very quickly.

I also liked visiting the place where Saint Bernadette lived along with Château fort de Lourdes which gives you a distant but beautiful view of the original basilica and all of the surroundings. There are two basilicas now.

The Stations of the Cross was amazing also, each station is full-size and you will feel as if you are on a mini-pilgrimage within a pilgrimage.

I feel very blessed to have been able to visit this holy place.

Byron, josephite, Don_D and 5 others like this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Jesus established a Church to guide us. He gave us via that Church all the revelation we need to do His well and attain eternal salvation. If God wants to get our attention, God will do so and will make sure His Church sits up and takes notice. That might take a long time as it did at Fatima but I don't believe that God will completely bypass His Church. I don't know about Fatima, but I'm fairly sure there were very questionable "apparitions" at Lourdes after Our Lady appeared to St. Bernadette. The Church approved the genuine apparitions but not the questionable ones. Were people to do their own thing and ignore Church authority, Lourdes could have become a different kind of place than it is now. Did Our Lady of Fatima tell the children to reveal the secrets themselves or did she tell them to obey the Bishop?

josephite, AED, Don_D and 1 other person like this.