Priest suspended for condemning Black Lives Matter organization 'They are wolves in wolves clothing,

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Richard67, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

upload_2020-7-4_22-6-5.jpeg

A Catholic priest in Indiana has been suspended by his diocese for condemning the organization Black Lives Matter in his weekly message last Sunday.

Rev. Theodore Rothrock of St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church in Carmel described organizers of the Marxist, gay activist, anti-nuclear family organization as "maggots and parasites."

His bishop, Timothy Doherty of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, ordered the move Wednesday.

"The Bishop expresses pastoral concern for the affected communities," the diocese said in a statement Wednesday, reported the Indianapolis Star newspaper. "The suspension offers the Bishop an opportunity for pastoral discernment for the good of the diocese and for the good of Father Rothrock."

The suspension came after the newly formed Carmel Against Racial Injustice group demanded that the bishop remove Rothrock from leadership of the church.

Referring to BLM, Rothrock wrote in his weekly message last Sunday that the "only lives that matter are their own and the only power they seek is their own."

"They are wolves in wolves clothing, masked thieves and bandits, seeking only to devour the life of the poor and profit from the fear of others," he said. "They are maggots and parasites at best, feeding off the isolation of addiction and broken families, and offering to replace any current frustration and anxiety with more misery and greater resentment."

The priest said the church must oppose Black Lives Matter and Antifa and carry the "message of peace."

He doubted Frederick Douglass and Martin Luther King Jr. would have been marching with the Black Lives Matter organizers, who allege "systematic racism."

"Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and the other nefarious acolytes of their persuasion are not the friends or allies we have been led to believe," Rothrock wrote. "They are serpents in the garden, seeking only to uproot and replant a new species of human made in the likeness of man and not in the image of God."

The diocese, the Indianapolis paper reported, has canceled its plan to appoint Rothrock as pastor of another parish, Our Lady of Mount Carmel. And a deacon will take over his current role as administrator of St. Elizabeth Seton.

The diocese said "various possibilities for his public continuation in priestly ministry are being considered."

The paper noted that all of the priest's weekly messages and the staff contact page have been removed from the parish's website.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/07/4833908...RztL5Hl2mUqJAXM9TNsr-4vfmXx2bLehp8AT7WdM1y48Q

AED, Julia and Sam like this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

A six minute video on the topic of this Priest and why he was taken out of ministry. By using the description maggots and parasites, to be fair that was not a wise choice of words in a volatile situation. However was it wise for the Bishop to Throw him under the bus.

You know, the Bishops could find themselves changing their tune when the mobs arrive on their own doorsteps. And it is only a matter of time till this happens. Or are they totally blind.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  3. Tanker

Tanker Powers

His choice of words was not the greatest. I am sure he is angry and his anger probably chose hi words. America is coming apart socially at the seams. This movement is not what they say it is. It is evil and hate. And I have to be careful saying that as the agenda people will mark me as bad for saying the truth.

However, I always find it interesting that the people that placate evil usually get bitten in the behind. Evil has no loyalty and will turn on the people that have helped it in an instant. The bishops, many, many of them have given over to the world. So I guess I am not surprised as much as I used to be. The laity, I think, will be the ones to right this. The hierarchy has capitulated by in large.

4. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Next they'll suspend the Gospel for being insensitive to the synagogue of satan. Sometimes the Truth is insensitive. Rather a little insensitivity now than eternal insensitivity in the hereafter. Eternal Lives Matter.

Mary's child, Sanctus, Tanker and 2 others like this.