Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Sanctus, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Thank you kclark

josephite and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  2. Sanctus

Thank you luliflower

josephite and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Do you get any spiritual consolation from spiritual reading such as the lives of the saints?

4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Not completely sure, but I think I’ve read that confession is like a mini exorcism….!

5. Sanctus

Yes I do garabandal. I feel I am turning a corner hopefully for the better. The last four years have been very difficult. A man said healing prayers in 2017 over me and I started suffering much but great healing has happened thank God.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    josephite, garabandal, miker and 5 others like this.
  6. Sanctus

Thanks Michael. I feel I have a vocation in the future but not for another while yet.

7. Sanctus

If I'm to be fully honest I'm full of fear and don't know what the future holds for my soul. I don't feel a connection to jesus or God and am fearful of dying. Hopefully this will improve.

josephite, maryrose and DesertStar7 like this.
  8. miker

miker Powers

No one knows the future. Even Jesus said in today’s Gospel only the Father know the end times. But I pray you have hope and trust that He will be there and guide your steps. And your in good company , St Therese, St Mother Theresa and many Saints experienced this dark night of the soul- a deep separation - not sensing God was near. But they kept going. Truly a testament of faith. Praying this for you Sanctus. I truly believe that it is in this moment you are closer to God than ever. He is with you. Please keep me in prayer too. Peace.

9. Sanctus

thank you miker. Will be praying for you.

10. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I can identify with those feelings. Whenever I wake up at night with a fearful feeling I pray the Jesus Prayer, with the blind Barthemius I cry out 'JESUS son of David have mercy on me a sinner'. He cannot resist that plea from the heart.

josephite, DesertStar7, AED and 2 others like this.
  11. Sanctus

Thanks maryrose. I have been praying that prayer frequently.

12. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I think God is calling you to do something good with your life by following Him joyfully. Most people are called to married life, some people are called to religious life, few people are called to single life.
    I am not a great example, I got married late in life. I think it is better to pursue God's calling as early as possible. Of course, if there are things to sort out first, that may have to take priority.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    josephite and AED like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Me too actually maryrose.

14. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

My dear heavenly mother, please intercede for Peter to keep the sins of his past, the fears of his past and the bad habits of his past completely behind him and may they never haunt him again. Amen.

Please pray this every morning Peter and put yourself in the hand's of Our Lady. Being haunted by our past robs us of living in the present. I know this from experience. Please embrace the graces she will shower on you to not be haunted by your past and you must be determined and I mean determined to overcome it. You will get the Grace's you need. I will continue to pray for you.

15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

This was beautiful PS…!

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Amen!

17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

If you want to feel so connected with Jesus so that He is sitting right next to you on your couch, i suggest the app Reimagining the Examen by Mark Thibodeaux. It is also a book on Amazon. It is designed to be done briefly at night but I reflected on the questions it asks you so deeply i do it in the morning when i am less tired and have more energy to deeply reflect. Jesus has revealed to me a big part of my being that I was not accepting through this app. It can get to the root causes of what we are dealing with and help you to grow in self awareness. Not all appreciate a new spin on traditional devotions but this has been a game changer for me and I highly recommend it.

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank
    Thank you PS

19. AED

AED Powers

(y)

josephite and Jason Fernando like this.
  20. josephite

josephite Powers

Praying for you Sanctus,

We are living in times where the evil one (having greater power in these times), is constantly accusing us of evil we have committed over the entirety of our life.

What I do is acknowledge these accusations as truth. I say to the accuser, this is true, I deserve hell, I am a sinner and I should spend eternity in hell, however I have repented and I trust in the great Mercy of Jesus Crucified, this Mercy is magnanimous and incomprehensible and I will be forever in debt to this magnificent Mercy of the Lord God.

When I say this I am bowed in the reality of my wretched nothingness and of Gods infinite splendour, Mercy and omnipotence. Interestingly, the accusing attacks either greatly decreases or cease altogether!

If you are like me, You may sometimes find yourself a blabbering mess in prayer! :barefoot:

I will pray for you, please pray for me

Beth B, sterph, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.