Prayers for Tony

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

I’m on Secular forum site, and yesterday a guy by named of Tony, who identifies as a Christian, posted a thread on there where he lamented that he was having a hard time finding a spouse and expressed fear that he would die alone. I posted some words of encouragement for him, telling him to pray and trust God and that I was in a similar situation, and several other Catholics and Protestants posted words of advice and encouragement on there. But then the majority of secular minded people on there went on that thread and made posts that they themselves had made peace with the idea of dying alone and suggested that he should do the same; they even went as far as to say that they wanted to die alone and disparaged or even condemned the idea of praying for the dead and mourning them.

Can you please pray for Tony? I’m going to go back on that thread a little later and make another post in which I offer more words of encouragement, and tell the accounts of certain Saints like Saint James the Greater and Saint Philomena, to give him hope and inspiration.

grimisocks, Mary's child and Sam like this.
  2. grimisocks

grimisocks Archangels

I've been in the same boat as Tony so I'll offer up a prayer later.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  3. Fede

Fede Archangels

I will add his name to our prayer group intentions

RosaryWielder likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers for Tony.

From what I can read of Our Lady and St Joseph they both seem to have wanted to dedicate their lives to God in living as celibates. But they wound up with a family. God writes straight in crooked lines.

Acceptance of God's Will is a huge source of peace and happiness. Of constant joy. Fear is a soul killer.

I heard a story of Monsignor Hugh Benson, who after his conversion from Protestantism decided to visit Catholic Ireland during the Reign of Queen Victoria. There in a hospital he met a dying old lady who had been crushed by horses and carriage which had run over her. The nun nursing her reported that she had told the old lady that she had best resign herself to the Will of God.

Though the woman should have been in huge agony, she was constantly smiling and joyful and replied,

'I have resigned myself to the Will of God my whole life. So it is easy for me to do so now!':)

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.