Prayers for the Forum

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, May 12, 2021.

1. Jo M

Jo M Powers

My biggest regret is that it took me too long to accept my crosses. As Padraig said, it is in hindsight that we realize the purpose our sufferings. Personally, the most painful cross is the one that must be kept between myself and Our Lord. It is the silent cross that is the heaviest. Yes Josephite, Jesus will always bless us with the graces that we need to endure our sufferings.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

The Cross illuminates the greatest area of darkness in our lives, the very thing (s) we should most desire to ignore...hence the most bitterly, bitterly painful...it confronts us with our darkest self..

... a total killer...and total healing...

[​IMG]

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, Padraig, unless I'm under a tight schedule for work or an appointment, to drive by a church and not visit Our Lord is a great loss.:love:

Safe in the Savior's Heart!

AED, Mary's child, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  4. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Been there, done that…still doing that.

Jo M, AED, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes ...be very careful what you pray for and if you offer to suffer for the conversion of a soul..or souls, ask that God only give you what He in His perfect wisdom is a suffering that you can tolerate. It may be the most oppressive suffering that you feel you could ever endure, but if He takes you to it, He’ll get you through it. It’s all Grace.

But if you offer to suffering, be prepared for it to come...because it surly will. In heaven you will see it’s eternal merits and you’ll rejoice for every second of it.....but you’ll hate every bit of it while on earth.

josephite, Jo M and AED like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Great will be your reward in heaven....and in the end, that’s what matters. This short life will be but a spit in eternity. Eternity is ALL that matters.

josephite, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes...Jesus will bless you Jo! No suffering is every wasted...you can even offer all past suffering.

josephite, Jo M and AED like this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

josephite and BrianK like this.
  10. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Beth and Jo
    There is sinfulness in my past and I often wonder whether I am actually atoning for those sins with the sufferings I endure today; or whether my sufferings add anything positive to the communion of saints?
    This creates a conundrum for me, do I sacrifice for others or should I just continue trying to atone for my past horrendous sins!

I've decided to trust completely in Our Lord Jesus' Most Sacred Human Will' and leave to Him my Human Will which I know He has redeemed! and He alone will unite it to the "Divine Will of the Blessed Trinity"

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It doesn't matter, really. He can figure it out. If He wants to, He will let you know. Atonement is atonement , imho:) We can gain plenary indulgences, but still there is the fact that we are still in the flesh. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    :coffee:

Jo M likes this.