Prayers for the Forum

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, May 12, 2021.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Irish lockdowns must be horrible! I really feel for all of you. So many are hurt by these....:(

Sunnyveil, Mario, DesertStar7 and 3 others like this.
  2. Hometown of my maternal Grandfather’s family! Someday...

padraig likes this.
  3. josephite

josephite Powers

How wonderful Maryrose!
    It goes to show how powerful Prayers are.
    Thank you Dearest Lord

AED and maryrose like this.
  4. ellen

ellen Ellen

Maybe this will help you and your distractions during prayer: I too have an awful time staying tuned in to my rosary recitations.
    I would often get thru an entire decade without knowing which one it was??! I would mentally go thru my list of things that had to be done that day or go off on a tangent that took me back to my past while saying my Hail Marys.

I found that my attention is better"honed in" on each decade when I say the rosary w Mother Angelica on TV! My attention is focused on the changing scenes of each decade instead of floating around aimlessly inside my head!

I start my day with mass at EWTN... followed by the rosary.... then the Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3pm....followed by the rosary. I also say the rosary each nite at 9;30 with Mother.

It keeps me fixed on whats at hand and gets all my prayers in for the day when I have a time schedule and something to LOOK at! !

Hope that helps!

5. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

josephite, padraig, Julia and 2 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I follow the rosary on ewtn as well, Ellen. I love it. I am quite fond of the pictures.

josephite, Michael Pio, Mario and 3 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

https://www.experiencebellavita.com/famous-films-made-in-abruzzo/

Mario and TinNM like this.
  8. Sam

Sam Powers

I like to pray the rosary with Mother Angelica too. The rosaries are well paced and the pictures keep you on track. I recorded them all and play them as I go to sleep too. They play right through all four mysteries hopefully permeating me with Hail Marys, the prayer which the Lord used to change the face of the earth and in which when we pray it, we too help change the face of the earth.

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Beautiful.

josephite and Michael Pio like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

St Teresa of Avila had lovely things to say about distractions in prayer. She compared stray thoughts to a little swarm of bees. She said when we find they have flown away to settle on other flowers we must gently shepherd them back to settle at the feet of the Lord.

She also had a kindly attitude to falling asleep during prayer. She reckoned if we dozed off it must be because we need it.:)

I am so grateful for this as I keep falling asleep myself at prayers and mass because of the night shift. Yesterday I fell asleep at Benediction and did not wake up for half an hour when the mass started. I have sometimes fallen asleep through the entire mass.

People must think I'm mad with my head on the missal fast asleep.:) I just hope I don't snore.:D I had to leave before Benediction tonight otherwise I might have fallen over.:D

God doesn't mind, He appreciates the effort. St Teresa was right about this.

When Our Lady was teaching me how to pray I think the best thing she taught me was to pray the words very slowly and to think about what you are saying. This is a great distraction killer.

Some things we should hard on ourselves for and somethings we should go easy with. Distractions and falling asleep in Church are I think two of the go easies.

[​IMG]

11. padraig

padraig New Member

In prayer we are already in heaven. When we are not praying we lock ourselves outside the Golden Gates of the Eternal Joy. So let us engage in ceaseless prayer. May our entire lives become prayer roses to lay at the feet of Our Blessed Mother.

[​IMG]

12. padraig

padraig New Member

13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I totally agree... God knows our heart and our intentions....and He is merciful and kind.

14. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

Me too!! Her rosaries are the one download that's never been deleted on any of my electronic stuff. She's been with me for many years while I've mopped floors, cleaned bathrooms, made dinner, etc., . :):ROFLMAO:

Our perpetual adoration chapel is finally getting back to normal so I will pray for this forum during my weekly holy hour and with Mother Angelica too .

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Beth B, Sam, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  15. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

In this life there is no purgatory; it is either hell or paradise; for to him who serves God truly, every trouble and infirmity turns into consolations, and through all kinds of trouble he has a paradise within himself even in this world: and he who does not serve God truly, and gives himself up to sensuality, has one hell in this world, and another in the next.
    -St. Philip Neri

(H/T Barnhard.biz)

16. padraig

padraig New Member

The more we pray, the happier and more at peace we are. Perhaps this is why everyone is so angry and divided at the moment. No one is praying. I love visits to the Blessed Sacrament; they are visits to heaven.

Booklady, Sunnyveil, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

St Teresa of Avila also said that it is possible to become a saint in the space of saying one, 'Our Father', if we were to respond to grace correctly. Which is quite some statement.

I notice our Lady saying to visionaries that a great mistake we make is to always be asking God to remove Crosses we are given. Not understanding that the Crosses we are given are there for a reason, that having died with Christ, so we will rise with Him. Looking back on my own life ,it was at the times of the greatest suffering where the times of greatest growth. For instance the point at which I was considering killing myself was the point that led to my conversion. Also I don't think I ever prayed better or more intensely than when I was in prison.

The Cross is super high speed elevator for prayer.

But often we can only understand the meaning and purpose of suffering long afterwards. In other words we are asked to step out in the fullness of Faith. Then when we look back down the years, long afterwards we nod and say, 'Ah yes now I see! That's what it was all about!'

Booklady, Beth B, Sam and 6 others like this.
  18. josephite

josephite Powers

In my youth the cross was something I gave little attention to, but having lived the crosses rigors and agony after many years of marriage and child raising, I can not say I eagerly await the next cross because I am aware of how painful they are.

However I believe the Lord will give me and you the strength to overcome them and I pray that through Our Lady and St Joseph and the prayers they recommend, Jesus will never leave me or you to my own devises but will add supernatural graces to overcome the seeming impossible.

Crosses are real sufferings, if they were not sufferings, they would not be a cross!

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Booklady, Sunnyveil, Beth B and 7 others like this.
  19. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

[​IMG]

Not to forget, Father Groeschel saying the Rosary, Dana and Father Scallon, I'm sure there are a good number. I have this CD but do not use it enough, I will soon, at youtube too apparently, if anyone is curious.

Booklady, Beth B, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes I admit the Cross terrifies me..and as I get older this is no less so. One French writer wrote that God sends us the very Cross we would least like to have. So true. This scare s me the most.

Years and years year ago I had a very innocent friend who invited God to send him a Cross to help save the world. I nearly jumped out of my chair in fear for him. :D:D

I warned him.

Later he told me this was the very worst period of his life.

He was just totally, totally crucified. The roof of his life fell in.

Be careful of what you ask for!:):)