Prayers for the Forum

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, May 12, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

On getting up to Church yesterday and they were just finishing midday prayers and were singing Regina Caeli so I joined in with the clerics.

Such a joy.

josephite, Mary's child, Shae and 3 others like this.
  2. josephite

josephite Powers

I will pray especially for the forums current needs at this moment, I have always prayed generically for the MoG forum since I became a member. I've did this due to mainly selfish reasons. The Lord has revealed through natural means that this site is reaching many of Gods children and so has a role in saving many.

Our Lord Jesus is needed everywhere! and this is why we are exhorted to visit the sick and visit those in prison because everyone is thirsting for the Truth!

However we must first live a good life (remain as faithful Catholics in our state in life) and visit our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament regularly so we may be effective in all our other endeavours and missions, that God exhorts us to.

One Hail Mary daily especially for the forum. Padraig.

3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

God help and love you all in your parish maryrose. What a coincidence, but my sister in Ireland told me last night they had a retired Priest in her parish who was visiting the housebound until the lockdown, he had just recently visited again and she was so glad.

Now she tells me he had colon cancer a few years ago, but recovered at that time. He has just been diagnosed with the cancer returning and will not be visiting the housebound again in all likelihood, and my sister is devastated. It all seems to be trial after trial for the people of God.

We had a Priest in this town years ago who built a parish, loved the people in it and would have crawled to the Altar to say Holy Mass for his parish; but after a fall and broken hip, he was forced by the Bishop to retire. It broke his heart, and he returned to his family home in Dublin where he died some years later. I will never forget him. Father Colm Kellegher, God rest your beautiful soul.

God help and come to the aid of your beloved retired parish Priest. Let his friends visit him because he must feel like his family (spiritual) have been taken away from him. Just like the heartbreak that followed the Priest I mentioned above, to his grave.

Edited to say, saw your post about your beloved Priest being allowed to return to the parish. Let him know how glad you are to have him back, and keep in touch if he is put in care again, even by letter or phone. Don't let him feel lonely. God bless, and praise God.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Fr Ripperger mentioned that priests hearing Confessions were targets of the demonic, because Confession removes the demons. This was in that video about spiritual warfare that was posted recently by lynnfiat. It’s a great video. Think of St John Vianney and Padre Pio and all of the confessions they heard.
    So you are right about your confessor being a target.:)

5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes Josephite! We need to be praying for each other here and for all that may be graced from the MOG a forum! Especially in light of the fact that so many social media platforms are being censored and increasingly more truth is being is being removed.

josephite, Mary's child, Shae and 3 others like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

This sounds like a wonderful, faithful priest!I hope his parish family are now there for him....to give him the love and comfort he now needs from them!

7. AED

AED Powers

Two weeks ago at the monastery I arranged for a Mass for protection of the forum and Padraig. She couldn't give me the exact date. Hopefully soon.

8. AED

AED Powers

More prayers for priests needed--I try to do this with every Rosary but I need to "up my game." Right now my life is one long distraction so I will offer up that in case my Rosaries don't cut it.

9. Mario

Mario Powers

I will pray, Padraig, and bring your request to our Eucharistic Lord at Adoration.

10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

If you mean my sisters elderly Priest, he was retired and everyone he visited are housebound themselves. I must ask my sister if he has family. At the moment there is almost no community activity with all the lock down phobia, and he will be focussed on remedial medicine for the time being. God help him.

11. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Oh no, so my long term plans for the Camino based from your future home in Spain are off?!

;-)

Let me know if you need any help renovating that house in Abruzzo!

And of course my prayers will continue for MoG and all it's members and family, and any MoG lurkers.

(I check in daily, even if I don’t post much these days.)

Sunnyveil, Mario, Beth B and 8 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Glad you check in Brian. You sound chipper. Has the dreaded "rona" left you? I sure hope so.

13. BrianK

Yes, thanks. I’m feeling my old self again, such as it is.

I put a further update on the “van life” thread.

14. padraig

padraig New Member

Spain isn't too far from Italy. :) I am looking froward to seeing you. :):) ..and I hope having your help.

I still hope to do the camino compostella.
    But there are camino's in Italy too.
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property-for-sale/Abruzzo.html

josephite, Shae, TinNM and 2 others like this.
  15. BrianK

I have my passport, just say the word! But I can’t walk that far. I’d have to take an ebike if that’s possible.

josephite, Beth B, Shae and 3 others like this.
  16. Booklady

Booklady Powers

I already pray for this forum in my daily rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and will continue to do so, but will focus on Mother's request. And you are right, Padraig, this forum is very important to us and to the thousands of souls who visit without joining, just as I once was.

17. Indy

Indy Praying

Prayers for the forum and all of us.

josephite, Sam, AED and 3 others like this.
  18. Booklady

Booklady Powers

I could not agree more with your suggestion. (y)

josephite, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

It will not be for a while yet Brian. I cannot sell my home for about another three years.

I must say I admire your huge courage and go get them. So American:)

I said to my boss what I am planning on doing and he said. That's right life's for living!' So maybe I have a touch of the USA in myself.:)

Considering what is coming I was hoping to help other people with a rural place with room to expand. So if I bought a place that could be a refuge for others. With land to grow food on and have things like chickens.

Also if I bought an American 5th wheel camper it could be plugged into the electric in the house thus have A/C lighting etc and heating , plus solar power. Also the toilet in the house for sanitation while the place could be gradually converted. The 5th wheels often have kind of sliders so are big and comfortable plus portable. I also notice they have little kind of bunk bed dormitories. So there would be no big rush to fix the house.

Anyway I calculate just about then will be when things fall apart.

Abruzzo has mountains and the sea and would be cooler. Also is very Catholic indeed. Plus close to Rome.

If you happen to come across a good and holy priest who would like to come , please invite him.

They even have wolves and bears!

20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Your “distractions’ with the rosary are powerful AED,,,,,,

Last edited: May 27, 2021