prayers for safe birth

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Lumena, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Hi everyone - my daughter and her husband are on their way to hospital now as my daughter is in labour. Please pray for a safe delivery. It is their first child and my first grandchild. Also please pray that they will choose the baby name wisely and carefully.

(it is 1.15 am here in New Zealand ! Im a little anxious that they are travelling to hospital at this hour in the middle of the night. )

2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Prayers lifted to heaven. Keep us posted! Congratulations!

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers now. Though it is probably too late, as with help of God we may have another little saint in our poor world! :):)

4. Denise P

Denise P Archangels

Praying for a safe, speedy and healthy delivery, and that the baby will be given a strong Catholic name.

5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Praying for mom, and baby. Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild, very exciting! Keep us posted.

6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

All around prayers. :love:

When I was in my late teens, picking out baby names in anticipation of the future, I was REALLY stuck on "Jasmine" for a girl. I just LOVED that name, decided a baby girl would be "Jasmine" (if mutually agreed by future husband of course). :)

Many years (and no children) later, it's a pretty name, yes...but later in life I know I'd have wanted Natalie or Charlotte instead.

What an honor, to name another human being. :love:

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Name them after Catholic Saints as the Church advises, not after pretty flowers.

(Check out advisories on the Rite of Baptism)

Place them under the protection of the saints.

Am I the only Catholic left on the planet?

What are flowers going to do? Look pretty?

For goodness sakes

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  8. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Hope Lumena's a grandma now. Waiting can be agony. My middle daughter gave birth in NZ and we in the UK were very anxious as she was in labour for hours. I only went to bed when I heard that she'd had a baby girl and all was well.

Baby names are tricky. My eldest daughter is married to an American and he made a list of names he liked - they were ALL surnames. Even girls are given them. I suggested to Catherine that she hold out for traditional forenames, and she did, although truth to tell, in the UK it's getting fashionable to pick surnames too.

9. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

josephite likes this.
  10. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you everyone.

My daughter and husband made it to the hospital about 2 hours before the baby arrived. My new grandaughter was born just after 5 a.m. this morning. I am staying about a 2 minute walk away from the hospital but so far I have not been in as Ive only just woken up. I have spoken to them by phone. They are recovering and
    exhausted as the labour took 24 hours in total. (Most of it took place at home.) Now my daughter is learning to breastfeed so please pray that that goes well for her. Thank you for all the prayers. So far they havn't said what her name will be.

josephite, Mary's child, Jo M and 9 others like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Praying

Congratulations and God Bless you all and your first granddaughter.

josephite, Mary's child, Jo M and 6 others like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

God bless this beautiful child and keep the little one safe until her Baptismal Day!:)

josephite, Mary's child, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

yeah! I bet you’re dying to see your granddaughter! Congratulations!

josephite, Mary's child, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  14. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

My little grandaughter is just precious and sweet. But the breastfeeding is not going great so far. The milk hasnt come in yet, there are sure signs it is coming but baby is having a little trouble latching on and mother feels overwhelmed. Its that third day blues stage and its messy, I remember it well! Please pray that this unsettled period will pass and that my daughter will be able to settle in quickly to a good feeding pattern with this tiny little soul.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Beth B, josephite, WTW and 6 others like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

16. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Prayers said.
    Fennel (herb) or fennal tea is good for milk supply. Analgesia is important as pain controlled makes baby craft that much easier.
    Sleep when the baby sleeps. All this depends on demands of other dependants I know. For some reason 2am is the highest point of milk let down and its nearly always the second day thats the most trying, as supply hasn't matched demand yet. It gets better from the 3rd day onwards.
    Baby blues usually pass, as the body gets used to new hormonal norms.
    Good old fashioned rest and plenty of fluids help . Lots of cultures have a mothering period of up to a month following birth encouraging rest, where very little is done by new mothers. We in the west are altogether too busy in our lives.
    God Bless and may Our blessed mother be our path to grace.

Beth B, josephite, Lumena and 6 others like this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

lumena please tell your daughter there is nothing wrong with using formula and a bottle. My 3rd child was born while I was in the midst of a deadly pneumonia. I wanted to nurse but my pediatrician gently talked me into using formula. He said the baby would thrive and I would get the rest i needed. He is a healthy fine man today with children of his own. There is nothing wrong with doing this if she can see her way to it.

Beth B, josephite, WTW and 3 others like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers tonight. Wonderful news anyway.

Beth B, josephite, Lumena and 3 others like this.
  19. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Congratulations, and prayers for mom and your sweet granddaughter. Can't wait for the name reveal! :)

Beth B, josephite, Lumena and 2 others like this.
  20. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Wonderful news. Breastfeeding is tough the first time around. It is worth persevering in the first few days. I needed a lot of help and encouragement. La Leche League are terrific! Founded by Catholic mothers too.

Congratulations on your first grandchild!

Beth B, josephite, Lumena and 2 others like this.