Prayers for recovery from a stroke

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Dear MOG members,
    A prayer request: I've been having severe vertigo for 3 weeks. My ENT thought it was "sudden sensorineural hearing loss" and gave me several injections in left ear drum. Follow up MRI this morning showed a large right sided ischemic cerebellar stroke (a stroke of the brain stem). For the last week I've mostly stayed in bed due to the vertigo this stroke has caused and I can't see my patients at present. I would appreciate any and all prayers. This is a difficult cross.
    Thanks,
    Brian K

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    Beth B likes this.
  2. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

will continue prayers for you Brian.

Lord have Mercy on our brother Brian. Most Powerful hand of Jesus come upon our brother and heal his infirmities, grant him your peace and consulation...Amen!

Beth B likes this.
  3. Allyd

Allyd Principalities

Praying!!

4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Amen infant! Please pray that no further damage is done...

5. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

Jesus please give strength and healing to BrianK

6. kathy k

kathy k Guest

On my beads, Brian...

7. Mario

Mario Powers

AMEN!

8. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Lord, Please heal Brian and answer the prayers of all my Comrades in Faith here and Worldwide. Thank You for all our blessings. AMEN! .... and .... SAVE ALL HERE!!

9. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Praying...

10. padraig

padraig Powers

I can't imagine Brian. I missed you on the forum, now I know. A very big cross/

Prayers to Our Lady of Lourdes/

[​IMG]

11. miker

miker Powers

Sorry to hear this news Brian. My family will raise you up in prayer for healing and we also will ask The Lord to comfort your family on this time.

Beth B likes this.
  12. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

My family starts a new novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour next week Brian . Will put your recovery on the intention.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Joe Crozier, BrianK and Beth B like this.
  13. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

Brother you said "I can't see my patients at present". Lordy lord...you are the patient now. What a unique cross you bare up. May God grant you peace and strength. Just you remember...it will be alright...everything works out for the best when you rest in the Lords providence. Prayers for you.

Beth B likes this.
  14. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I will pray for you at adoration tomorrow.

Beth B likes this.
  15. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Thanks. Ironically for 4 months I've been taking care of my own patients plus seeing patients for a friend who has been sick with a hospital acquired infection (C. Diff colitis). He has had a recurrence plus needs an acute liver transplant. So I'm supposed to be keeping two podiatry practices afloat and can't see anyone at present. When it rains it pours. But The Lord will provide. We just can't always see it.

Beth B likes this.
  16. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

So sorry to hear the news, prayers for you.

Beth B likes this.
  17. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Hi Brian,
    My GP has just been to me for treatment and he is just like you.....always thinking of others. It's hard when the practice revolves around you and so far I have not had to take too much time off. My clinic shuts when I am not there, my patients are neglected and the bills keep rolling in. I know what you feel like. I will join Mac in his novena for you. He started one for me that ends this weekend. Mine was answered very quickly and we finished the novena off as a thanksgiving. Our Lady of Perpetual Succor will come to your aid. "Remember Oh most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided." "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19) I am off for a visit right now and will say a Rosary for you in front of our statue of Our Lady of Akita who said "Pray much the rosary, I alone can save you from the calamities ahead."
    "Beyond the clouds that hide His hand,
    There where thou canst not see,
    In ways that only He can understand,
    God works for thee,"

BrianK, Beth B, Mac and 1 other person like this.
  18. josephite

josephite Powers

Prayers for your healing Brian,

You expired Jesus;
    but the source of Life gushed forth for souls and an ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.
    Oh font of life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.
    Oh Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus, as a font of Mercy for us, I trust in you

and for the intentions of the members of the Mother of God forum.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Beth B likes this.
  19. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Praying Rosary for your healing Brian.

God bless and heal Brian.

Beth B likes this.
  20. Aviso

Aviso Guest

Praying for you Brian.

Aviso

Beth B likes this.