Prayers for my family

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mario, Jan 10, 2021.

1. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

Prayers for your family..my daughter also has autoimmune diseases. She came down with covid about a month ago. I was so very nervous. She managed to get thru the worst of it. She still has lingering symptoms, but we are seeing improvement. May God keep you all safe and healthy

Beth B, Sam and AED like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Have just seen this. Will pray.

AED likes this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Glad to see you're stretching things out a bit, Rory!!:LOL::LOL:

Thank you all! What a marvelous bunch of prayer warriors we have on MOG!

Thanks so much, Padraig, for starting the forum some 14 years ago! And I'm glad I met you on Ron Conte's forum or I may never had made the switch! I think I joined right on the heels of maryrose!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

HeavenlyHosts, Suzanne, Sam and 2 others like this.
  4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

And God heal your daughter and keep you safe?

AED and Mario like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

Geralyn and I were just tested for covid-19 while my son, Danny, has 2 more days of quarantine left. Unfortunately Geralyn is positive, while I'm still negative. So our home- the hospital- is currently being re-organized. Please keep my wonderful wife in your prayers. She has no debilitating symptoms as of right now. My days of quarantine are reset to 10.

God be praised. Geralyn is probably more at risk with my cooking than she is with covid-19!:LOL:

Safe in the Father's Arms!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Booklady, Beth B, Suzanne and 4 others like this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

Well, what was my son, Danny's response, to Geralyn coming down with covid-19: "Does that mean I'll have to eat Dad's cooking?" I reassured him that he could always fast for his last two days of quarantine, and then cook for all three of us. :LOL::whistle:(y)

Beth B, josephite, Sam and 3 others like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:ROFLMAO::LOL::)

Beth B and AED like this.
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Praying for all of you Terry :love: may the scent of Heavenly roses eradicate this evil virus

Beth B, josephite, AED and 2 others like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

You are keeping your sense of humor! Bravo.
    I prayed the Rosary for a of you tonight and hD a Mass said today for all MOG members so asking Our Lord to direct a whole bunch of graces from that Masx to Geralyn and you and your son. Keeping you in prayer!

RoryRory, Beth B, Suzanne and 3 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

That was prayerful and kind. Thank you.

Beth B, Suzanne, Sam and 2 others like this.
  11. Mario

Mario Powers

Humor is a staple of O'Loughlin life. When the kids were young from Ben (10) down to Chris (3)[but before Therese and Danny were born], the kids asked us where the large sand pit at our camp-in-the-woods came from. Well, of course all the soil at camp is sandy, the rest of it was grass covered. Geralyn ran a story by her parents who were willing to go along. So we explained to the kids that their Mom had a brother, Charley, who had been abducted by aliens and the sand pit was where the alien spaceship had departed with Charley aboard. Well, originally this was going to last a few days and then we would tell them the truth. But Benjamin went and asked his grandpa and grandma about it. They responded that it was so sad to think about that they had never mentioned it. So the word spread among the siblings. But as the kids grew older more stories and sightings about Charley were told around the campfire so the myth grew. Of course, all our children know the truth now but the folklore is too rich to give up.

Tonight, when Geralyn texted all the kids that she had tested positive, she explained she wasn't surprised because Charley had appeared to her in a dream last night to tell her he was looking forward to seeing her again, soon. And so the saga continues.:LOL:(y):coffee:

Safe in the Father's Arms!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. AED

AED Powers

:p:D:love:

Booklady likes this.
  13. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

How's things going brother Terry I hope all good (y)

Booklady, Beth B and AED like this.
  14. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

I hope Geralynn is okay

Beth B and AED like this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

Me too. Praying!!!!

Beth B likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

John,

My son, Danny, is basically fully recovered. Geralyn has had covid-19 probably for about a week. She is "hiding out in our bedroom"; her cough has gotten deeper with more fatigue, but she reassures me that she's been sicker than this with other chest colds and is confident she'll recover. At least on Sunday, Danny will be instituted as home chef. To tell you the truth, I feel like giving her a big kiss, catching the virus, be quarantined for 9 days and then being done with the whole thing. As far as I know, that would eliminate any requirement for the vaccine. Thank you for your prayers.

Hmmmm...

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!:coffee:

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts, Booklady and 4 others like this.
  17. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Awwwww...I’m so very sorry! Praying she recovers rapidly! She’s lucky to have a good husband to love and care for her. God bless!

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Suzanne and 2 others like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Praying! Thanks for the update.

HeavenlyHosts and Mario like this.
  19. miker

miker Powers

Terry- Geralyn remains in our prayers. I hope she is improving

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  20. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Praying for your son, your wife and you, Mario, that Our Lady keep all of you safe under her mantle, especially Geralyn.

HeavenlyHosts and RoryRory like this.