Prayers at Night.

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by padraig, Jan 13, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I have enjoyed the last few days at night time , off work.:) I lie in bed trusty brass crucifix in hand staring upwards at the ceiling turning my bed into a little Church talking to the Lord and Our Blessed Lady.

I love the freedom in this that you can go where you wish and pray whatever way you wish, a great prayer adventure.

The first and major port of call is of course the Passion. The Passion was never out of the mind of Our Lady and was always the hone port to which Jesus walked. It is should always be the anchor into which our prayer heart sinks.

But last night I was thinking of something my father used to say to me,

'What are you looking forward to now?'

I can't think of anything really hovering on the horizon. There is the Eucharist each day and confession every week , which is the greatest joy.

But nothing special though. Spiritually or materially.

But on the other hand no special worries or cares either.

Just God's little donkey plodding along at night time staring up at Jesus hanging on the Cross, Mary by my side, watching the blood wet the tree red.

HeavenlyHosts, Jo M, AED and 3 others like this.
  2. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

As Corrie ten Boom quoted her father as saying, "The very best has yet to be." One day we will walk the streets of gold in the presence of our Lord and Savior. That is just over the horizon to me. We may not see that fulfillment yet, but it will come. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going. I've been doing good so far in praying the rosary every evening, and trying to add other prayers during the day. I know it will bear fruit, but don't know when. That may be as God intends. Some days we see the fruit of our prayers in answers from God. Other times, it's either a "wait and see" or a "no." If we ask for something, we must be willing to accept any answer He gives us. If it is a no, then it means that He has something even better planned for us. For a long time I prayed for my ex, but kept getting a no. The last I spoke to him, a good 32 years after the divorce, he had changed for the worse if anything. So, I have to let him go and let God deal with him. Which I'm more than happy to do. My ex was a liar and a cheat. Plus abusive. Since starting to pray every day, I have found myself letting go of the bitterness that came with the failure of that relationship. I'm still not for sure that I'll ever get married again, but in case I do I'm starting to pray for that person and for myself. God has a plan for me, as the bible promises. Our current view of things may be bleak, but I know that one day we will see nothing but glory and beauty.

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Some people are sent into our lives as Lights , some as Lessons:)

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Lovely. Beautiful stories

AED likes this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Yes!!!!