Prayer request please

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Annie, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Annie

Annie Angels

Hello all-I know I am still fairly new at posting but I was hoping to ask for your prayers. One thing I struggle with is depression, and have for quite some time. Much of this can be attributed to living with serious chronic illness that is often just manageable enough to work or see friends or family but is still debilitating. I am not terribly old yet (only early 30s- but a former student of mine reached out to ask for help with something at her new job and I couldn’t keep up with half of the new trends and strategies she was talking about with social media!) but I know I may never be the picture of health again and I’ve come to accept that. I try to offer it up for others in the hope that it makes some small difference in someone’s life.

One thing I do notice, though, is that this depression affects my prayer and spiritual life, to the point where I feel I’ve little value to add to this world or that I’ve no real purpose in life, and I then struggle with keeping up any prayers or devotions. At times this is much worse than any sort of physical ailment, and I cannot discern what God wants of me or why nothing seems to quell this feeling. I would very much appreciate any prayers you have to spare :) Apologies if this comes across as complaining or over sharing but you are all so much more knowledgeable and are clearly powerful prayer warriors!

Suzanne, Beth B, Mary's child and 7 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Praying for you tonight Annie.
    I think illness sometimes saps our spiritual strength. I have certainly experienced this. In the throes of this, our desire to pray when we can barely form the thoughts is a prayer in and of itself. Our Mother Mary takes it all and purifies and sanctifies it. I am absolutely sure of this. You are not useless at all. Your faithfulness in the midst of this is huge. Jesus can use this mightily as you remain united to Him. The big lesson ive learned is that this is all in the will. Emotions come and go. If we continually set our will to unite to His Will all our prayers and sufferings have infinite value. I will keep you in my prayers.

Suzanne, Booklady, Annie and 2 others like this.
  3. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Annie, We need you! We need so many prayer warriors right now and your health issues will deepen the prayers you offer up. You are so important to our world right now by having the time and inclination to pray. So young to have so many health issues! But I know you are a brave person just by reading your note. I will unite my prayers with yours and help you get over your depression . . .know you are loved and needed. Peace!

Suzanne, Sam, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Annie I have added you to my prayers. Never be afraid to ask!

Suzanne, Sam, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  5. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

There have been times when I've been down and had trouble praying. I would just hold on to my rosary as tight as I could, wrap it around my hand. That helped me. God bless.

Suzanne, Sam, Booklady and 4 others like this.
  6. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Prayers for you, Annie. God bless you.

7. Patty

Patty Archangels

Prayers and hugs Annie!

Booklady, Annie and AED like this.
  8. Annie the utmost important thing is NEVER EVER STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DEPRESSION ;) talking about it is the cure.. Prayers to St Dymphna

9. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Dear Annie,
    I’m lying in an ER bed tonight, waiting to have laparoscopic surgery to remove a very painful enlarged and inflamed gall bladder. I am offering up my own little suffering for you tonight. Persevere!
    Brian

10. AED

AED Powers

Brian I am so sorry to hear of ypur trouble. Prsying for you right now.

Booklady, Jo M and BrianK like this.
  11. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you so much for the wise words and the prayers!

Suzanne, AED and Booklady like this.
  12. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you so much! This nearly made me cry!

Suzanne, RoryRory, AED and 1 other person like this.
  13. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you! I often struggle with asking and it is always reassuring to hear someone say that.

Suzanne and AED like this.
  14. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you so much!

AED likes this.
  15. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you!!

AED and Jo M like this.
  16. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you!!

AED likes this.
  17. Annie

Annie Angels

Thank you so much for this! I’ve never quite thought of it in that way before but it is so true.

Beth B and Booklady like this.
  18. Annie

Annie Angels

Brian-thank you so much for your prayers. That sounds horrible. I will offer my own situation up for you as well -wouldn’t it be something if they cancelled each other out :)

RoryRory, Katfalls, Sam and 5 others like this.
  19. Booklady

Booklady Powers

You broke my heart Annie. As our friends have already done so, please be assured that you are truly loved by Jesus and Mary. Never, ever think that what you offer the Lord in prayer is insignificant. On the contrary, a simple Hail Mary and Our Father coming from you, who are suffering means more to Our Lord than from those who are hale but forget He exists.

We, your spiritual brothers and sisters from Mother of God, are with you, and together we will help each other get into Heaven and be where we belong.

So yes, I will pray for you, and will ask Padre Pio to give you strength to keep going.

Suzanne, RoryRory, Annie and 3 others like this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Ohhh dear Annie...that is a cross. Two of my closest friends suffer from depression. One went to the AMEN clinic and was put on the perfect meds after suffering for years. It’s a very specialized clinic . Not sure if insurance covers the cost, but apparently they are top notch.

I’ll add you to my MOG family prayer list. Yours is a very heavy cross Annie...but I’d bet you can get good medical help somewhere!
    Please keep us posted....God bless you Annie!

Suzanne and Annie like this.