Prayer for Mark

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Jackie, May 26, 2020.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Im sorry...I’ll be praying tonight...my Our Lord hear our prayers!

2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Ohhh wonderful!

3. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Just saw this thread.
    Will pray for a good recovery for Mark Francis.

+

AED likes this.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

I have returned. Oh please, offer one personal or rote prayer for my brother Mark be be open to this suggestion, that the hospital priest chaplain could come by and hear his Confession. Mark hasn’t practiced Catholicism at all in his adult life. He is fine mentally. To me, this is the time and not down the road. Plus, others might protest a priest later.

I was going to advise if he says yes, to go through the 10 Commandments, remind on the sin of not going to Sunday Mass, any sexual sins, a help to examine his conscience. I don’t know if texting/suggesting this Confession prep might deter him? I can’t go to him at the hospital because of Covid no visitors.

Mark has completed radiation treatments to the spine and is now is back, actually in the hospital because he can’t walk! Supposedly, an effect of the radiation. Waiting on MRI to be done.

Thank you. You are all very dear.

josephite, Christy1983, Shae and 6 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You are dear, too, Jackie:love:
    Prayers for Mark to make a good Confession
    ASAP

6. AED

AED Powers

Praying right now!

Jackie, Shae and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

if you could talk to the Chaplin and ask him to guide him through a examination of conscience...to help him along before he meets with him....?

8. Shae

Shae Archangels

Prayers for Mark

Jackie likes this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

Praying!

Shae and Jackie like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Offering up mass and prayers this morning.

josephite, Shae and Jackie like this.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Oh thank you everyone for the holy Mass and all the prayers offered. The MRI is happening today. They’re putting Mark out for it because of pain. Thanks also, a wise suggestion Beth B for far better guidance on examine one’s conscience from the priest than me, his older sister.

josephite, Mario, Shae and 4 others like this.
  12. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Will pray.

+

Shae likes this.
  13. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Joining in prayer for Mark.

Shae likes this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Praying for your brother.
    Jackie you can offer his sufferings to Jesus on his behalf. It's very powerful.

josephite, Julia and Shae like this.
  15. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Jackie, offering prayers for your brother's spiritual, physical and emotional healing.

josephite and AED like this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

Jackie, any update?

Jesus, I trust in You!

DesertStar7, AED and Sam like this.
  17. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Worried, wondering lately, was not sure. I really appreciate AED especially when knowing your loved one may not offer up in prayer themselves.

To finish a text, I mentioned that I believe in redemptive suffering in an in-laws group text this last weekend. A reply followed from a dear in-law. She is a baptized Catholic now evangelical Protestant:

“Jesus is the great physician. He is the only One who saves” (adding a heart emoji).

My response, I left it alone, did not attempt explaining the meaning of redemptive suffering. Group texting is great for announcements, lately as discussion, they yes, a vulgar term, they suck. Wise, some people never group text.

Mary's child likes this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Protestants have no theological basis of understanding of redemptive suffering and uniting all our grief and pain to the Sacred Heart and the Holy Sacrifice. It is their tragedy. But Jesus has made it very clear to the saints that we can do this for others. Here is the form I use: Dear Jesus I offer You all the sufferings of all those who do not know to offer them--especially (name) united to your Sacred Heart and the Holy Sacrifice that Your Heart may be consoled and their souls may be saved.

Beth B, josephite, Julia and 6 others like this.
  19. Sam

Sam Powers

An article:How can Christ's suffering lack anything?

St. Paul writes, “Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church.”

What this doesn’t mean is that Christ’s death on the cross was incomplete with regard to redeeming the whole human race and reuniting it with God. There is nothing that anyone can add to the infinite value of the cross.

However, there is an aspect of Christ’s suffering that is not complete—namely, the application of the merits of Christ’s Passion to individual souls. It is this aspect of redemption (the subjective dimension) of which Paul speaks. According to A Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture, “[Paul’s sufferings] are the vehicle for conveying the Passion to the hearts and souls of men, and in this way they bring completeness to the Passion in an external way.” This is not the only time that Paul refers to his own sufferings in the service of Christ as Christ’s afflictions in his own flesh (see 2 Cor. 1:5, 4:10; Phil. 3:10).

Another opinion is that of St. Augustine, who regarded “Christ’s afflictions” as the suffering of the mystical body: “Thou [member of Christ’s Body] sufferest so much as was to be contributed out of thy sufferings to the whole sufferings of Christ, that hath suffered in our Head, and doth suffer in his members, that is, in our own selves (Enarr. in Ps. 62:4).” The idea here is that Christ’s Passion is continued in the members of his mystical body as they unite their sufferings to Jesus, the head.

Either opinion is a legitimate way to read Colossians 1:24, although many prefer the first.

How Can Christ's Sufferings Lack Anything? | Catholic Answers

josephite, padraig, Julia and 5 others like this.
  20. Mario

Mario Powers

For about three years, I carried in my heart tremendous spiritual and emotional suffering caused by words spoken by someone close to me. I feared bringing the topic up with him because he might have thought what he said were honest words and repeat them. At Holy Mass, I would place this pain in the chalice at the Offertory. But I did not deal with it well. Only my precious wife knew of it. Eventually, Jesus acted decisively to heal this wound. Praise His Name.

I think this falls under St. Augustine's line of thinking. When I think of Isaiah 53 in which Jesus' fulfillment as the Suffering Servant is outlined, it is stunning to contemplate the sins of all time embraced by Our Precious Lord. And yet in some real way we can suffer with Him. But it must be a conscious choice freely joined with Christ.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. 29 Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. 30 For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

Beth B, josephite, padraig and 6 others like this.