Pray the Police will catch these criminals

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Julia, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Last night about 11 pm our grandson heard a noise outside the front, and when he looked out there were three or four men at our car.

He yelled at them to clear off and was unable to open the front door because it turns out one of them was holding the door handle on the outside.

In a matter of three minutes they had stolen the catalytic converter from under the car and loosened at least one of the wheel nuts.

We called the police once my grandson convinsed me we should, and they will get our CCTV to investigate and go after these criminals who it appears have been working around our town lately.

I wanted to put the CCTV footage on YouTube, but the police asked me not to until they catch the thieves and get them in court. Otherwise publishing the incident could jeopardise their case.

Say a prayer our footage will give them good images to help identify these men, one of them was caught on the microphone over our front door, which is part of the security. Hopefully that will help also.

I have got the RAC coming out in the morning to check and see what needs to be done to get the car back in working order again.

2. TinNM

TinNM Principalities

Julia likes this.
  3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

:( Praying.

Julia likes this.
  4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

So sad.

Julia likes this.
  5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:( Oh no, that's terrible Julia. Praying that this will be resolved soon. Catalytic converter theft seems to be happening everywhere right now, they contain precious metals and are valuable to scrap metal dealers.

AED and Julia like this.
  6. Julia

Knowing these people hold your front door on the outside so you can't go for them means we will keep something with a long handle and something sharp attached to one end to poke the blighter through the letter box if they come back.

I remember there was a spate of thieves breaking into houses and stealing dvd players and video recorders some years ago. The thieves knew about how long it took the insurance companies to replace the stolen items, and used to go back to the same property and steal the replacements.

I am wondering if these catalytic converters are worth £500 each, will the thieves come back again in a few weeks when we have the part replaced under our insurance. We will be ready for them the next time, with the help of God and know to pounce back by getting out a window.

Mary's child and Booklady like this.
  7. Booklady

Booklady Powers

How awful, Julia. What a scare you must have had. But I am glad you and your family are not hurt. Will say a prayer for your safety.

Julia, AED and Sam like this.
  8. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:(

Julia likes this.
  9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Away working on a lot of changes in my life.

Will pray.

Julia likes this.
  10. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

So sorry Julia. How scary. You are in my prayers

Julia likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

I am sorry to hear this Julia.

It's not just the material harm that hurts, it's the inner harm of being violated and attacked. Prayers to Our Lady for healing and to St Michael the arc angel for Justice.:)

Julia likes this.
  12. Julia

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Having watched the CCTV from our security cameras with sound on our front door. I wonder if the police will ever be able to get this sort of crime stopped, unless they make use of the technology which is available these days.

The whole incident took 90 seconds and the police would have to find the phones we saw this gang using from our camera recording. The exact time is shown on the camera, so finding the ping back from the cell phone towers would be a good indicator, especially when those phones were used before and straight after the incident. This would show who was at or near our location and then moved away quickly afterwards.

I think the only way to find someone willing to identify these criminals at the moment would be on the dark web. Ironic when you think about it, the police are going to have to up their game if they ever hope to be able to deal with these people.

Interesting, I heard the criminal who was holding our front door closed from the outside speak, and he sounded Indian or Pakistan language; this tells me at least two of them were able to speak that language, other wise he would not have spoken. Will this mean the police will do nothing at all because they are afraid of offending these people.

And then thinking about the boatloads risking their lives to get to this county, for what. To steal, pillage, rape adolescents and destroy the people already surviving in this part of the world. When will this government wake up. Anyway that is my little rant. I will look with suspicion at every Asian I see from now on. And I don't hold out much hope the police are up to this type of criminal activity. They are more focussed on taking the knee to them sadly.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021