Pray for me

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Ananchal, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I am going through an extremely difficult time. I am worried for my soul. I am angry and very frustrated. I worry about some of my thoughts on the value of praying and God. I feel attacked from all sides with no real support internally. Maybe I’m asking too much for some consolations but I really feel absolutely overwhelmed and over burdened. I am trying to bear up under the loads but it’s getting too be too hard. I’m afraid that I will do worse than not believe because I have no doubt that God Is. I just am getting tired of always being given additional crosses when I can barely manage one cross. It is all too much - I cannot take all crosses I am being given of health, family and work. I am far from being a saint and feel like each additional cross is the one that will do me in and push me away from God.

I am not sure what I need but I stand here and am ready to give up and walk away and don’t FEEL like it would matter one way or another.

Help

Byron, Beth B, Seagrace and 13 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Hi, Ananchal. I am sorry you are going through so much. When this happens to me, I tell the Lord in all honesty that my crosses are too heavy and I ask him to
    lighten the load. It eases up. He does care. I appreciate your honesty.
    Just have a good talk with God.

Byron, Beth B, Seagrace and 14 others like this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Lifting you up in prayer Ananchal. You are so very close to Our Lord in your sufferings, and He loves you too much to let you walk away.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 7 others like this.
  4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

So sorry . You will be in my prayer in the morning.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 7 others like this.
  5. josephite

josephite Powers

O Greatly Merciful God,
    Infinite Goodness,
    today Ananchal and all mankind calls out from the abyss of its misery to Your mercy — to Your compassion, O God;
    and it is with its mighty voice of misery that we cry out.

Gracious God, do not reject the prayer of Ananchal nor those of this earth's exiles!

O Lord, Goodness beyond our understanding, Who are acquainted with Ananchal and our misery through and through, and know that by our own power we cannot ascend to You, we implore You: anticipate us with Your grace and keep on increasing Your mercy in us, that we may faithfully do Your holy will all through our life and at death's hour.

Let the omnipotence of Your mercy shield Ananchal and all of us from the darts of our salvation’s enemies, that we may with confidence, as Your children, await Your son's final coming — that day known to You alone. And we expect to obtain everything promised us by Jesus in spite of all our wretchedness. For Jesus is our Hope: through His merciful Heart, as through an open gate, we pass through to heaven (Diary, 1570).

Eternal God, in whom Mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion is inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

Oh Blood and Water which gushed fourth from the Sacred Heart of Jesus I trust in you.

Blood of Jesus, cover Ananchal
    Amen

Beth B, Mario, RoryRory and 10 others like this.
  6. miker

miker Powers

Prayers.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 5 others like this.
  7. andree

andree Powers

Christ be with me, Christ within me
    Christ behind me, Christ before me
    Christ beside me, Christ to win me
    Christ to comfort me and restore me.
    Christ beneath me, Christ above me
    Christ in quiet, Christ in danger
    Christ in hearts of all that love me
    Christ in mouth of friend or stranger.

Prayed the above for you Ananchal. Can you get to confession soon? When things get ugly for me, it's often because I need to confess. HH has good advice, don't keep this to yourself, but share it with Him. He'll hear you.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 6 others like this.
  8. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Ananchal, I truly understand you here. I, too, have times like this, where I feel so overburdened I basically tell God "I quit!" I take it very personally when I feel as though God has abandoned me, because I am weak and my feelings tell me His love should ease my suffering by giving me more strength to bear my crosses. I become like a petulant child, crying to Him, "I'm not a saint! I'm terrible at suffering! If You won't make me stronger, then take the suffering away!" If He ignores even that, I cry and yell at Him. I'm an absolute mess. So you are not alone.

Now let me see if I can help you. I've discovered something very important that I believe is the key to suffering well, though it is never easy initially. But if you can do it, I believe you will receive some relief. You must accept the suffering and stop asking for relief. And boy, initially, that is like pulling teeth. It goes against everything natural in our whole human will. But I believe if God is not relieving your suffering when you ask, He believes you are capable of heroic love, and He wants you to experience that love. He wants you to know the profound intimacy of truly loving God selflessly in the midst of suffering. There's nothing like it.

Sometimes you'll be able to do this with your will and emotions, but often it will be with your will alone. A couple nights ago, when my son was keeping my already exhausted self awake all night, I started to resort to my usual list of saints I beg for help, but I stopped, and through literally gritted teeth :rolleyes: I yelled in my mind "I accept this! I accept this!..." as many times as I had to to convince myself I was actually accepting it, lol. And do you know what? My son went to sleep. I can't tell you how many times God has refused to help me until I truly accept my suffering. Hundreds of times. I further my own suffering by fighting and complaining and being afraid...and then I finally give up and tell God "Ok fine, I accept this because I love You and I trust You and I want you to save souls with this" and it is NOT easy until AFTER I've truly surrendered and mentally hugged Christ in the garden or struggling under His cross. And then consolation comes and I cry with the gratitude of His wisdom in making me fight and fight with my own weakness instead of lightening my load...so I could experience uniting myself with the suffering Christ. And the suffering actually lightens or disappears soon after.

I also believe that God wants us to reach out to others for prayers so we can experience His graces through others' love. I often come here for prayers when I'm feeling low and really struggling. So I'm glad you reached out to us!

I really hope this is of some help to you. Like HH said above, God does sometimes lighten your load if you tell Him you can't do it and don't want it. He is patient and loving. But if He doesn't, I suspect He sees something in you that you don't realize is there and He is craving your love. I will be praying for you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    Beth B, josephite, AED and 8 others like this.
  9. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Praying

Beth B, josephite, AED and 4 others like this.
  10. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

So sorry for your sufferings, Ananchal. I will keep a Holy Hour just for you. May Our Lady and Our Lord bless, comfort, console and strengthen you. Remember, God has promised in His Word, He will never allow you to be tempted beyond our strength. He will assuredly and infallibly deliver you just when it seems too much to take: "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (1 Cor 10:13).

Our Lord Jesus Christ's Divine Mercy and Our Lady's Love will never fail you, Ananchal. Cling to Them, and They will deliver you. We will be praying for you, and fighting for you in prayers to Our Lady and Our Lord. God Bless.

Beth B, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  11. my prayers for you Ananchal...

Beth B, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  12. ellen

ellen Ellen

PF Nailed it ...yet again!!! :cool:

"I'm not a saint! I'm terrible at suffering! If You won't make me stronger, then take the suffering away!" If He ignores even that, I cry and yell at Him. I'm an absolute mess. So you are not alone.

She wrapped it up perfectly!
    Ive said those exact words a million times.... to no avail of course because Heaven NEEDS our sufferings. He also knows we NEED to suffer to work out our own salvation.

The neat thing is... however.... we have this group of "prayer warriors" to hold us up with prayer when we start droop and fall.
    Also..... we can get some darn good advice from these stalwart souls that just might ease the strain of it all.

For example..PF suggested....."You must accept the suffering and stop asking for relief. And boy, initially, that is like pulling teeth. It goes against everything natural in our whole human will. But I believe if God is not relieving your suffering when you ask, He believes you are capable of heroic love, and He wants you to experience that love. He wants you to know the profound intimacy of truly loving God selflessly in the midst of suffering. There's nothing like it."

Followed by....
    "and through literally gritted teeth :rolleyes: I yelled in my mind "I accept this! I accept this!..." as many times as I had to to convince myself I was actually accepting it

I think that is great advice and will do and say just that next time I indulge myself if in.... yet another
    "pity party"!!

Ananchal.... PF responded to you.... but we all can benefit from her post!

THANKS.... Purple Flower!!! (y):);) (and thank you all the other prayer warriors on this forum):love:

Beth B, andree, Xavier and 8 others like this.
  13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Prayers.

Beth B, Xavier, josephite and 3 others like this.
  14. Luiflower

Luiflower Principalities

Thank you for sharing. Praying for you that God may provide relieve for the burdens you bear. I also pray for everyone suffering in silence.

‘You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
    And called from its farthest regions,
    And said to you,
    ‘You are My servant,
    I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
    Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:9-13

The depth of suffering of so many people is almost prophetic. Revelation 21:4: And God will wipe away ever tear from their eyes; “there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

Beth B, Seagrace, Xavier and 7 others like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is a beautiful and much-needed post. Thank you for your prayers and posts.

Beth B, Xavier, josephite and 4 others like this.
  16. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I will pray for you.
    I have been at the end of my tether many times feeling I can't go on but like PF I have found that when I really surrender and say from the heart ' Jesus if this is what you want I totally accept because You know what is best for me', the pressure eases and peace comes.
    Keep trusting and say often ' JESUS I TRUST in you'

Beth B, andree, Xavier and 6 others like this.
  17. Shae

Shae Archangels

So much wonderful support here! I will remember you in my prayers and at Holy Hour tomorrow Ananchal. I would also recommend praying Fr. Dolindo Ruotola's "Surrender Novena". It has brought me much comfort when I have felt over-burdened with worries.

Beth B, andree, Xavier and 6 others like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Shae, I need to begin saying that prayer again!

Beth B, Xavier, josephite and 4 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Praying Anachal. This a lonely place to be but do not lose hope. Fr James Blount has a wonderful homily on you tube. He quotes from the scriptures: "when I called on You in my distress You answered me!" He repeats it and repeats it. Very very uplifting homily. Also a scripture that has held me up in my distress is from Isaiah 49: "that you may know that I am Yahweh and no one who hoped in me was disappounted."
    I find repeating scriptures a helpful way to pray when I am in the midst of the storm. It is the Living Word of God. Praying tonight.

Beth B, andree, Xavier and 4 others like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Psalms
    “Many are the trials of the just man, but out of them all, the Lord will deliver them.”

Beth B, Xavier, josephite and 3 others like this.