Pray for Cardinal Burke

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Julia, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, Julia, our Eucharistic King is Love and Joy beyond all telling!

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!

Julia and AED like this.
  2. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

Agreed, I was thinking last night, if I died soon, it would suck that I went before getting married and having kids, but better to (please God) go to Heaven now and not suffer through more of this Chastisement. (My current Bucket List has like only three or four things on it, two of which are getting married and having kids as I’ve mentioned above; the vanity of this World is becoming more and more apparent to me, even as things get worse and worse, and the ability to do good things, like populate Heaven with Saints, becomes harder and harder.)

Beth B, Julia and AED like this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Cardinal Burke’s condition is grave. Please keep up your prayers.
    2C5FE2FA-F66E-4A68-BC3F-383CC2FB6396.jpeg

Beth B, Julia, Sam and 3 others like this.
  4. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

:cry::cry::cry:

Beth B, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for the update. I have been wondering. Today they offered the 9:30 am Rosary on EWTN and mentioned Cardinal Burke as an intention.
    I will continue to pray. :cry:

Beth B, Jo M, Julia and 2 others like this.
  6. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

This is gut-wrenching. Cardinal Burke is so dear to my heart. He held my hands and prayed for me to be able to have more children. When I was 23 in St. Louis visiting the Carmelite convent I wandered into the streets of St. Louis and saw priests, seminarians, and religious of all kinds traveling down the sidewalks and followed them out of curiosity. We arrived at the huge basilica and I was accidentally swept up in an ocean of seminarians and priests. Mesmerized, I stayed for the Mass and realized it was a farewell Mass for then Archbishop Burke, who was leaving for Rome to become a cardinal. I didn't know who he was then, but I was moved by his homily and the obvious love so many had for him. He seemed to me to have that tangible feeling of being a saint, which is why I attended his Mass when he came to my state for a pro-life Mass. As we filed out, I forgot my usual shyness and went right to him and asked him for his prayers, due to not being able to conceive for many years. I hadn't planned to do that; it just came over me on the spot...I felt that presence from him again, that he was a saint, and I felt his prayers would be powerful. He took my hands and looked at me with such compassion and prayed so sincerely for me...I tear up just thinking about it. I left with such a lightness in my heart, knowing his prayer would be answered. And it was.

As long as he was out there shepherding us the best he was able, I always felt a kind of security, because he feels like a father to me. So...this feels a bit like a beloved grandpa at death's door. May God's will be done.

7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is quite a blessed experience. Very rare. Thank you for telling us. Yes, he brought security into a troubled time. May God's will be done.

Beth B, Jo M, Julia and 5 others like this.
  8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Prayers for Cardinal Burke and his family. I wonder if the drug is Ivermectin? Hope so.

Beth B, Jo M, Julia and 2 others like this.
  9. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

10. BrianK

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...with-covid-19/?utm_source=TP1_PRAY_CARD_BURKE

Cardinal Burke in critical condition with COVID-19
    Tue Aug 17, 2021 - 8:47 am EDT
    [​IMG]
    Big Tech is censoring us. Subscribe to our email list and bookmark LifeSiteNews.com to continue getting our news. Subscribe now.

WASHINGTON D.C. (LifeSiteNews)  – Cardinal Raymond Burke has been placed on a ventilator after contracting COVID-19. The cardinal’s condition is rapidly deteriorating as he has developed severe pneumonia and is not responding to treatment. Calls to prayer have been issued.

Cardinal Burke was admitted to the hospital after he tested positive for COVID-19 last week. In a tweet he posted on his twitter account, the 73-year-old cardinal asked the faithful to pray for him and invited them to trust in Divine Providence:

Praised be Jesus Christ! I wish to inform you that I have recently tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Thanks be to God, I am resting comfortably and receiving excellent medical care. Please pray for me as I begin my recovery. Let us trust in Divine Providence. God bless you.

— Cardinal Burke (@cardinalrlburke) August 10, 2021

“Praised be Jesus Christ! I wish to inform you that I have recently tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Thanks be to God, I am resting comfortably and receiving excellent medical care. Please pray for me as I begin my recovery. Let us trust in Divine Providence. God bless you.”

An update on his condition was posted on his twitter account last Saturday on the Vigil of the Assumption.

Cardinal Burke has been admitted to the hospital with COVID-19 and is being assisted by a ventilator. Doctors are encouraged by his progress. H.E. faithfully prayed the Rosary for those suffering from the virus. On this Vigil of the Assumption, let us now pray the Rosary for him.

— Cardinal Burke (@cardinalrlburke) August 15, 2021

The tweet read:

“Cardinal Burke has been admitted to the hospital with COVID-19 and is being assisted by a ventilator. Doctors are encouraged by his progress. H.E. faithfully prayed the Rosary for those suffering from the virus. On this Vigil of the Assumption, let us now pray the Rosary for him.”

Since then, LifeSiteNews has received regular updates from trusted sources including members of the Burke family. The cardinal’s condition is deteriorating rapidly and is now very serious. A number of Catholic organizations such as Catholic Action have issued prayer calls for him and Bishop Athanasius Schneider of Kazakhstan tweeted this morning:

“According to information I received, Cardinal Burke’s state of health is very serious. We pray insistently for the healing of Cardinal Burke.”

Secondo informazioni ricevute, lo stato di salute del Cardinal Burke è grave. Preghiamo insistentemente per la guarigione del Cardinal Burke.

According to information received, Cardinal Burke’s condition is very serious. We pray insistently for the healing of Cardinal Burke. pic.twitter.com/oZ4uR8kll1

— Bishop Athanasius Schneider (@BishopAthanas1) August 17, 2021

Mainstream media organizations are using the Cardinal’s poor health to attack him, focusing on his “vaccine skepticism” which they implicitly quote as the cause for his current demise.

The Washington Post even dared to call Burke’s condemnation of the use of fetus-derived cell lines for vaccine development “misleading” in an articlethey published yesterday, while admitting in the same paragraph that “both Pfizer and Moderna used cell lines derived from fetal tissue taken from elective abortions in the 1970s and 1980s to test whether the vaccines worked.”

Some liberal Catholic media sources like the Jesuit America magazine have also reported on Burke’s current condition only in an attempt to discredit his views.

In fact, Burke’s statements on the COVID-19 only reflect the traditional teaching of the Catholic Church regarding the use of cell lines for the production of vaccines at any given stage.

In a powerful address during the virtual Rome Life Forum in May of last year, Cardinal Burke stated that “it is never morally justified to develop a vaccine through the use of cell lines of aborted fetuses” and also noted that “vaccination itself cannot be imposed in a totalitarian manner on citizens.”

The prince of the Church also frequently spoke out against some of the global elite’s evil agendas. In a sermon he gave on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, on December 12, in 2020, he vehemently condemned the worldwide spread of Marxist materialism and the use of the COVID-19 pandemic as a means to usher in the so-called “Great Reset” which he characterized as a plan by “certain forces, inimical to families and to the freedom of nations to advance their evil agenda.”

The term “Great Reset” used by Burke here is not a word coined by conspiracy theorists, but an expression used by world economic leaders themselves. The “Great Reset” is a plan designed by globalist elites, who gather at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland once a year. The WEF seeks to ‘push the reset button’ on the global economy.”

“The COVID-19 crisis has shown us that our old systems are not fit anymore for the 21st century,”  claimed Klaus Schwab, head of the World Economic Forum and a prominent  proponent  of the Great Reset.

“It has laid bare the fundamental lack of social cohesion, fairness, inclusion, and equality,” he continued.

Now is the historical moment, the time, not only to fight the virus but to shape the system … for the post COVID era… In short, we need a great reset.”

Cardinal Burke has also come under fire from many liberal Catholics in the past for his open and frequent criticism of some of Pope Francis’ most drastic moves against traditional teachings and practices of the Church. In 2016 the cardinal was one of four cardinals who issued a letter of concerns, or “Dubia,” to Pope Francis following the promulgation of the pontiff’s encyclical Amoris Laetitia. Amoris Laetitia seemed to allow communion for adulterous couples, which raised many questions concerning Christ’s doctrine on marriage and the concept of mortal sin.

More recently, he has criticised Pope Francis new motu proprio Traditionis Custodes which effectively reverses Pope Benedict’s 2007 motu proprio Summorum Pontificum by imposing drastic limitations on the celebration of the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM) according to the 1962 Roman Missal. Pope Benedict had referred to the TLM as the “extraordinary form” of the Roman Rite.

LifeSiteNews has produced an extensive COVID-19 vaccines resources page. View it here.

Keep this news available to you and millions more

Your gift will spread truth, defeat lies, and save lives

Sent from my iPhone

Beth B, Jo M, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Pray for Cardinal Burke: An Urgent Message from Archbishop Viganò
    Written by Michael J. Matt | Editor

Editor's Note: I reiterate The Remnant's urgent call for prayer for Raymond Cardinal Burke who at this moment is fighting for his life in hospital and on a ventilator. We must storm heaven for prayers for this holy and courageous shepherd.

I'm not sure many of us fully realize how dire our situation becomes if, for whatever reason, God calls His good and faithful servant home during this most horrific moment in history. His Eminence richly deserves such heavenly reward, of course, but his passing would be felt by the Church Militant here below as another piece of the Divine Chastisement our sinful world richly deserves.

Please pray for Cardinal Burke, and especially seek the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of Cardinal Burke's magnificent shrine in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Long before the Pachamama scandal had landed, Cardinal Burke seemed to be anticipating the urgent need the world would soon realize to "flee to the protection" of Mary, help of Christians, the great Queen of Heaven who had once before reclaimed this land from the serpent and who will do so again. Let us do as Archbishop Vigano suggests, and entrust Cardinal Burke to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I add my voice to Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano's urgent plea for prayers for Cardinal Burke, and I ask all our readers to share this post at this desperate hour.

Our Lady of Guadalupe Empress of the Americas, Pray for Cardinal Burke now and at the hour of his death. MJM

[​IMG]

https://motheofgod.com/threads/pray-for-cardinal-burke.17288/page-2#post-350184

Beth B, Jo M, Sam and 8 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

PRAYING!!!!

Beth B, Jo M, Ananchal and 2 others like this.
  13. Sam

Sam Powers

[​IMG]
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (Jn 14:27)

The outpouring of love, prayers and support during His Eminence’s hospitalization has greatly consoled his family, edified those who serve him at the Shrine and elsewhere, and testified to the character and virtue of the man whom so many consider a spiritual father. We deeply and abundantly appreciate this charity, and we give praise and thanks to our Heavenly Father, especially for the brilliant and faithful service of Cardinal Burke to the Church he loves so profoundly.

As of August 17th, His Eminence remains in serious, but stable condition. His family, who with a team of doctors, is responsible for all medical decisions while the Cardinal remains sedated and on a medical ventilator, has great confidence in the care he is receiving. The Cardinal has received the Sacraments from priests nearby to him. There are several relics in his room.

While the Cardinal’s family appreciates the good intentions of those who have suggested treatments, consultations, etc., they ask that people refrain from sending anything further. They also ask that you not contact them, members of the Shrine staff, or the Cardinal’s residence in Rome to discuss his condition. Texts, phone calls and emails—while certainly solicitous and often gracious—can, inadvertently, become a burden. The family does not plan to disclose His Eminence’s location to avoid the obvious difficulties that might cause.

To provide a secure source for updates about the Cardinal’s health, the family has asked that the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe—in addition to the Cardinal’s personal media—be the only authorized platforms for accurate, timely information. Other reports may be incomplete or false and so may unnecessarily disturb the minds and hearts of those devoted to His Eminence.

The Cardinal’s family has also requested that only updates of significant changes in His Eminence’s condition be posted on the authorized platforms. In humility, we understand that it is not necessary for us to know every detail of the Cardinal’s treatment. Though his family realizes that the Cardinal “belongs” to the Church, they also ask that we respect his privacy. The period of hospitalization, and for now isolation because of the COVID virus, may be prolonged as His Eminence’s body fights the infection and recovers strength. For the time being, the sedation assists his own peace and rest.

Nothing falls outside of God’s providence. Nothing falls outside the reach of His grace. These are spiritual truths we know and that the Cardinal has taught us by his own example of fidelity in trust and surrender to the Good God. Confidence in these truths opens us to the peace the world cannot give or take. Were he able to speak with us now, he would tell what he has always taught us: that Our Father in Heaven is good, merciful, just, provident and sovereign; that we are His beloved children and that He will never leave us orphans; that we should not be afraid of the Cross as the way to eternal life; that the Sacraments are the most direct channels of grace and that we do the soul the greatest good by receiving Holy Communion often and by going to Confession regularly; that we should say our daily prayers; and that we should love one another as Jesus Christ has loved us: generously, even to the point of heroic sacrifice.

And one more thing so important and so dear to His Eminence: that we should pray the Rosary frequently and fervently, and so place ourselves under the mantle of Our Lady, confident in her maternal love and intercession.

Please continue your prayers for Cardinal Burke and for his family, particularly at the Holy Mass and in the praying of the Rosary. We are filled with gratitude for the abundance of prayers and love for this faithful son and servant of the Church.

God bless you.

Rev. Paul N. Check
    Executive Director
    Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe

[​IMG]
    Click here to view this update on the website of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Beth B, Jo M, PurpleFlower and 3 others like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thanks, Sam

Beth B, Sam, AED and 3 others like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

I love this gentle man's conviction and love for Our Holy Church and Mary our Mother. Prayers that more months of his encouraging words will be given us! It is so easy to take for granted the ongoing presence of those to whom we look!:love:

Jesus, I trust in Thee!

Beth B, AED, Julia and 5 others like this.
  16. miker

miker Powers

Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe for the Protection from Coronavirus

Holy Virgin of Guadalupe, Queen of the Angels and Mother of the Americas.
    We fly to you today as your beloved children.
    We ask you to intercede for us with your Son, as you did at the wedding in Cana.

Pray for us, loving Mother,
    and gain for our nation and world,
    and for all our families and loved ones,
    the protection of your holy angels,
    that we may be spared the worst of this illness.

For those already afflicted,
    we ask you to obtain the grace of healing and deliverance.
    Hear the cries of those who are vulnerable and fearful,
    wipe away their tears and help them to trust.

In this time of trial and testing,
    teach all of us in the Church to love one another and to be patient and kind.
    Help us to bring the peace of Jesus to our land and to our hearts.

We come to you with confidence,
    knowing that you truly are our compassionate mother,
    health of the sick and cause of our joy.

Shelter us under the mantle of your protection,
    keep us in the embrace of your arms,
    help us always to know the love of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Carol55, Beth B, Sam and 6 others like this.
  17. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Please God send Blessed Mother to comfort dear Cardinal Burke in his crisis. Saint Michael the Arch Angel, pray for our beloved Cardinal and protect him as he endures the rigors of intubation. There is an interview on Life Site News and they say NO ONE is allowed to be with or visit the poor Cardinal, except the Chaplain (hopefully Catholic!) once a day. His sister is at the hospital but they won't let her in. So sad.

Cardinal Burkes' gentle cautious mannerisms remind me of my own natural father. This Cardinal is a true father figure, does anyone else feel like this? God help him and come to his aid, in the name of Jesus and through the intercession of Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I have read on more than one occasion from patients who endured the intubation that it felt terribly evil for whatever reason when they were at that point with the virus. This morning wanted to ask for more of us to pray to Saint Michael to protect our beloved Cardinal Burke.

Saint Michael the Arch Angel, defend Cardinal Burke in his hour of battle,
    Be Cardinal Burkes' safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May dear God rebuke it, we humbly pray, and do thou Prince of the Heavenly Host,
    By the power of Almighty God, cast satan down to hell, and with it all the evil spirits,
    Who wander throughout the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Saint Michael, in the name of Jesus protect Cardinal Burke. Amen

Another prayer based on Saint Padre Pio's advice to send your guardian Angel.

My dear guardian Angel, please go to the aid of Cardinal Burke,
    Ask the angels of all those around him, doctors, nurses and technicians along with our beloved Cardinals own personal guardian Angel to bring peace and harmony to all the souls involved in his care. May there be the grace of God in all hearts and minds of those involved with the good Cardinals medical care. And may it please the Lord to grant healing and a good recovery for the Cardinal, if it is possible. Amen.

(I have said this little home made prayer for the Cardinal from time to time.) :love:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Beth B, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  18. BrianK

When I had heart surgery, I woke up intubated. It was horrifying. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I wanted to tear it out.

God bless Cardinal Burke. I spent a long weekend with him and St. Gianna Beretta Molla’s daughter when we sponsored a pro life at end of life conference in Kansas City in 2012. He was a delight, a saintly fatherly figure. At the end of the conference my two sons served benediction for him. Truly inspiring.

Don_D, Beth B, Sam and 5 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

I pray that he is not taken from us but then I realize the real prayer is to pray for his best good according to God's Will. It may be C. Burke would wish to go home to heaven. Mother Mary you take over!

Don_D, Beth B, Sam and 6 others like this.
  20. BrianK

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2021/storm-heaven-for-cardinal-burke

Storm Heaven for Cardinal Burke
    Raymond Cardinal Burke suffersfrom what I call the Ratzinger Syndrome. Remember God’s Rottweiler? The scourge of the Catholic Church? The inquisitor? Torquemada! There was no end to the slanders heaped upon Ratzinger’s head. This lasted just as long as he was merely a Cardinal. But when he became Pope Benedict XVI, something happened. Folks realized what a sweet, kind, pastoral man Ratzinger was all along.

Anyone who encounters Cardinal Burke realizes he gets the same treatment. The cold, cruel zealot of Leftist caricature is really a sweet, soft-spoken man, a true father. Even now, some with laugh at this notion. No matter. Those who know him, know him.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

In 2004, the first year of our marriage, my wife had three miscarriages. We were from St. Louis; then-Archbishop Burke heard of our plight and invited my wife and me to visit him that Christmas.

We waited nervously in the parlor of the archbishop’s residence. We did not know why he invited us. He entered the room, told us to kneel. And then he blessed us with a piece of Gianna Beretta Molla’s wedding dress. Gianna Beretta Molla was the Italian medical doctor who forwent medical treatment for a fibroid tumor because she feared treatment would kill her unborn child. She gave birth to a daughter and then died. Quite rightly, Molla has become a patron saint of pregnant mothers and the pro-life movement and there is no end to baby girls now named Gianna. Burke said, “I have done this eight times and it has worked eight times.” He scurried around the house looking for another relic of her wedding dress that we could enthrone in our home while we waited for another baby. He was sad because his last one had already been lent out.

Bear in mind, my wife was 40 years old at the time. Pregnancy was a long shot anyway. What we did not know that day, kneeling before Archbishop Burke, was that Cathy was two weeks along with another pregnancy. Our daughter Lucy, now 16, did not miscarry. She was a Gianna Molla baby. Three years later came our second Gianna Molla baby, whom we named Gianna-Marie. We call her Gigi.

This is Raymond Cardinal Burke. Did you know he quietly travels the world enthroning images of Gianna Beretta Molla in healthcare facilities?

There is the story about the young man who was outraged at the teaching of the Church on the question of homosexuality and who verbally dressed down Archbishop Burke for teaching it. He slammed down various religious articles onto Burke’s desk and stormed out “never to return to the Catholic faith.”

Years later that same young man, no longer homosexual, came back to Burke to apologize. Burke happily welcomed back this prodigal son. He embraced him and then rummaged around in a closet and came up with all the things the young man had left in anger years before. Burke had kept them and had kept praying for the young man’s return to the Church.

This is Cardinal Raymond Burke, a pastor with a heart of gold.

It is true he has tangled with Pope Francis. He has asked hard questions, like: “How it is possible that certain eternal teachings of the Church can change?” He argues that they cannot change.

Some silly leftists have gone so far as to accuse Cardinal Burke of leading a “rad-trad” schism. Again, utter nonsense. He is a loyal son of the Church who has refused even to consider leading such a movement. And, yes, people have asked him to launch an open revolt. They say he does not recognize the Francis papacy, but that is a lie.

It is sad to suspect that Cardinal Burke will likely never get the full Ratzinger treatment as he deserves—that is, the widespread understanding of who he really is. As it is, he lies sedated in a hospital bed fighting COVID. He is on a respirator. Those nearest to him describe his situation as “serious, but stable”.

It is time for all men of good will to set aside all animus and implore the Immaculate Heart of Mary to intercede for this warm-hearted pastor.

You may also ask Gianna Molla for her help. She loves him dearly.

Ask them to save him. He has much more work to do.

[Photo credit: Stephen Driscoll/Catholic News Agency]

Sent from my iPhone

Sam, Beth B, Ananchal and 6 others like this.