Portiuncular Pardon for Sin 2nd August

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

If we can get to Confession and receive Holy Eucharist on Sunday 2nd August. We can receive a clean slate in the sight of God.

It is called the Portiuncular, the promise Saint Francis got from Jesus, and has the same spiritual benefit as Divine Mercy Sunday promise from Jesus. That is complete remission for sin and punishment. If we can get it in the present circumstances. Sigh

TinNM, Beth B, Donna259 and 8 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I noticed this. Astonishing! How did I miss it ? Will certainly do it.

Beth B, Michael Pio, Lumena and 3 others like this.
  3. maryn

maryn Angels

Thanks for the reminder

Beth B, Michael Pio, Lumena and 3 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thanks, Julia.

Beth B and Michael Pio like this.
  5. Julia

2nd August 2021 falls on this coming Monday. It is called the Portiuncular Indulgence, and it comes from the time of Saint Francis. You get a clean slate like the day you were baptised.

On this day 2nd August, having made a good confession and receiving Holy Eucharist; we can gain the same promise as Divine Mercy Sunday.

I believe in addition to attending Mass, the essential prayers would be Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be for the Popes intentions along with the Creed.

6. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Wow, awesome. This is better than any indulgence. Thank you for pointing this out. What a blessing. So I will try to get to Mass on Monday.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Julia, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  7. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Does it have to be confession on that day or like Divine Mercy - confession within 7 days. Most confessions around here are on Saturday

8. Julia

I believe if you can't get to confession on the day, the rule to make a confession within a week is allowed. But I would recommend making confession on the day if possible. Just to ensure the best possible chance of getting that clean slate. A clean slate means any purgatory deserved from sins already forgiven is wiped off your slate. How awesome is God and His Son Jesus Christ.

A clean slate means if God forbid you were to die after receiving this gift of Mercy, you would go straight to Heaven. How good is God.

Mary's child, Ananchal and maryn like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I am going to post a link. Confession up to 8 days before or 8 days after.

Donna259, Rose, Julia and 4 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Rose, Julia, miker and 5 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Thank you!!

Rose, Julia, Ananchal and 2 others like this.
  12. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

According to the link above, it looks like Sunday will also count, and the confession can be a week before or after.

Rose, Julia, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Wonderful! Thank you soooo much!

Rose and Julia like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Can we only just pray for the pope? Must it be his intentions??:mad::eek::rolleyes::barefoot:

Rose and Julia like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I would think that prayers for the Pope would be fine. Someone on this forum said that they pray for the Pope’s good intentions. :p

Rose and Beth B like this.
  16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Great! Perfect solution…:)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. Sam

Sam Powers

Yes, Taylor Marshall said he prayed for the pope's holy intentions. Advocata Nostra posted this before about praying for the pope's intentions:

I may have posted this somewhere on this forum before, but in regards to praying the Holy Rosary, if someone is not sure about what our present Pope is asking of us in his monthly intentions, it may be in your interest to stick with the following trued and true intentions while fulfilling the request:
    **Prümmer in his Manuale (vol. III, no. 556) says that “Intentions of the Holy Father” which we pray for in the course of obtaining an Indulgence are a five-fold set which tradition (and the former Congregations) have fixed as such, namely:

1. Exaltatio S. Matris Ecclesiæ (The triumph/growth of holy mother the Church),
    2. Extirpatio hæresum (The rooting out of heresy),
    3. Propagatio fidei (The propogation of the Faith)
    4. Conversio peccatorum (The conversion of sinners),
    5. Pax inter principes christianos (Peace among christian rulers).

Feb 8, 2021Report

Julia, HeavenlyHosts and Beth B like this.
  18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Perfect Sam! Thankfully so much!

Julia, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you.

Julia and Sam like this.
  20. Julia

Yes, I must confess when praying for the Pope Francis intentions, it is things like; Lord for the Popes intentions that do not jeopardise his soul, or for the Pope good intentions. Sometimes the prayer request seems to be Lord You know the weight of responsibility on Pope Francis shoulders in the sight of God. Please Lord help him so he is not preparing a terrible load of mistakes for which he could lose his immortal soul. Jesus be merciful to the Pope.

I hope Jesus understands we have been allowed to form the view that our poor Holy Father might be acting under advice from those who mean harm to Holy Mother Church.

We can also pray our Holy Father will by the grace of God outsmart the nefarious elements around him and put Gods' perfect plan in place.

HeavenlyHosts and Beth B like this.