Pope Resigning??

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Aug 28, 2018.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes11 There's such a long shopping list you would not know where to start first.

It reminds me of the Legend of Hercules put to clean the Augean Stables. The Vatican Finances are run pretty much by the Mafia and the Sexual Conduct like a PArty by the Empreror Nero. Poep Francis made none of this any better, he supported it. Promoted the people involved and rendered it all untouchable.
    His pay off? He got to be Pope. Pay back time.

2. AED

AED Powers

Padraig I used the same example to my husband—the Augean stables. Perfect analogy. One of the reasons he left the Church in 2009 was the scandals and hypocrisy. So difficult to discuss this with him. It is the mystery of iniquity writ large.

Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

What use would the resignation of Pope Francis serve if all the Bishops and Cardinals he promoted remain in situ? At least he pretends to be a faithful son of the Church. His proteges could very well elect a successor who won't bother putting up a pretense. And even if by some miracle they were to give us a faithful Pope, what authority would he have over them? Even when they were a minority they ignored Pope John Paul and laughed at Pope Benedict. Why would they bother pretending now that they're a majority?

Here's a link to an account of a child abuse case taken during the reign of Pope John Paul (the heyday of Cardinal "Seamless Garmen" Bernardin): https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the-sins-of-the-fathers/Content?oid=877641
    Given the runaround by the US civil and Church authorities, the parents tried to get a meeting with Vatican officials. Here's an excerpt giving an account of what happened:

So Doe decided to seek a meeting with Vatican officials. A member of the archconservative Cardinal Mindzenty Foundation referred him to John O'Connor, a Dominican priest who offered to introduce him to Cardinal Edouard Gagnon of the Pontifical Council for the Family in Rome. Gagnon and O'Connor were scheduled to participate in a conference of orthodox Catholics in Mitchell, South Dakota. On June 22, the Does and Father O'Connor met Gagnon's plane at the Sioux Falls airport. The following account is based on interviews with the Does and O'Connor, and on detailed correspondence between Cardinal Gagnon and John Doe.

A balding man who spoke English with a flattened accent of Canadian French, Gagnon stepped off the airplane wearing a yellow straw hat and a gold chain draped across his black shirt. After retrieving the cardinal's bags the group set forth in the Does' car, Gagnon and John in the front seat, Jane and O'Connor in the back. John Doe began talking about his son and said he wanted to meet Pope John Paul II. "There is no need for you to go," said Gagnon. "We already know about the pedophilia problem. It is particularly an American and Canadian problem."

"You mean to tell me you've known about it and haven't done anything about people who entrust their kids to priests?"

Gagnon replied that Rome had received "hundreds of letters. It is beyond the power of the Holy See to control."

"They exercise more control over a McDonald's franchise than you exercise over bishops," John Doe snapped.

"That is unfair," said Gagnon. "The church is in a schism. American bishops will not obey the Holy Father where he has sought to intervene. It only makes matters worse."
    The Cardinal told the parents to take a legal claim. While sexual abuse crosses the liberal/conservative divide, it's interesting to see how many of those who first raised to idol status Cardinal Bernardin, then Cardinal McCarrick and now Pope Francis all try to pin the blame for sexual abuse on Pope John Paul and/or Pope Benedict. They also tend to be the same people who were fond of the "Pope's Rottweiler" slur given to Cardinal Ratzinger when he tried to deal with the abuse crisis.

Evidently, there has been a schism in the Church for a very long time. It probably started before Vatican 11 but it has been spreading ever since. When large parts of the Church, especially in the hierarchy, deviate from the Faith, that's schism and pretending it isn't won't make it go away.

That statement by the US lay oversight Committee didn't mention the predatory homosexualised priesthood. I wouldn't put a lot of hope in them. They can't a fix a problem they won't acknowledge exists.

DeGaulle, gracia, picadillo and 2 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Well I still remain hopeful and positive. Jesus put the Leadership in the hands of one man St Peter and to all those who follow after. He established a hieracrchy. Prophesy indicates a Great, Great Pope is on the way. Far far better to know what was going on than not. It is all out in the open now.

It reminds me of the fury of the hym, 'Battle Hymn of the Republic. We need a furious , angry Pope, full of Justice and Vigour Pope to bring Justice for the innocent. Someone who will take the ax to the weeds. I am sure He will send us one if we pray.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

It is God's Church and He will take care of it. In God We Trust. He might have to burn the Church down to the sticks to do it to roast this Filth out; but do it He will.

Praise His name.

gracia, Tanker, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Joseph Bernardin is no hero in my book. If Malachi Martin is to be believed he was one of the chief architects of the mess we are in now.
    Your point about corrupt bishops still in place Is a good one. Nothing less than a full sweeping thorough house cleaning of each and every corrupt prelate will suffice. I am praying that it will happen.
    Nice to have you back btw.

Light, gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, praise the Lord. Perhaps the Holy Spirit will work marvels for us but we must remember that God's ways are not our ways. Incidentally, if what that Cardinal said about the US being in schism was true, it means that they were subverting the Pope's authority at a time when he was up against the Soviet Union. Remember what Bella Dodd said?

Cardinal Bernardin is a hero in many people's books. I'm sure I read a speech give by Cardinal Cupich or some other of the current hierarchy saying that Pope Francis is in the mould of Cardinal Bernardin. Looks like he was right.

Thanks for the welcome back, but I won't be hanging around. I need to pray more and comment less.

8. picadillo

picadillo Powers

Hi Dolours and most welcome back. This man is a friend of mine and I know this story well. He was being helped by Fr Charles Fiore which is how he became my spiritual director. Fr was a Dominican before becoming a priest of the fraternity of StPeter and Paul (FSSP). For this and other reasons Fr was not only thrown out of Chicago but stripped of his incardination and had to pay a conservative Puerto Rican bishop to get his faculties back. There was not one bishop in the US that would go against the satanic Bernadin and incardinate him.

9. AED

AED Powers

Was this the priest in Windswept House who was attacked by Bernardin? Former Dominican and exorcist and sworn foe of the satanic cabal? He is wonderful as portrayed in Malachi Martin’s novel.

SgCatholic, gracia and picadillo like this.
  10. picadillo

picadillo Powers

Yes

SgCatholic and gracia like this.
  11. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I believe in the prophecy of the popes given by St Malachy, which was alluded to by Archbishop Ganswein personal secretary of Pope Benedict XVI.
    I still believe that Pope Benedict's resignation was not valid; it was forced upon him under threat. And Pope Francis' election is also not valid, due to the same reason, as well as the lobbying by the St Gallen mafia.
    Why didn't any bishop challenge or question this?
    Well, just look at the revelations coming out now about how the good, orthodox/traditional bishops are sanctioned when standing up for the truth and why they have good reason to be afraid for their very lives.

Agnes rose likes this.
  12. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

There are quite a few video's of Fr O'Conner on YT...

13. gracia

gracia Archangels

I think the truth will come out eventually on these matters. Until then, let us wait for the reality to be revealed and made light. Pray! I think it is possible to let horrible things cloud out all the graces that we have.

We are Christians, not pagans or atheists. We know Christ. We are free from the error, heresy, confusion, and incompatibility which characterizes much of Protestant thought and theology. We are not in schism from Rome as are the Orthodox. We may have leaders in great error, but we know what is right. If you can go to Mass, you have access to the beauty and gift that is the Mass, and as Catholics, can receive Christ and the Sacraments. You have Mary! What a treasure she is! You know many beautiful prayers to Saints and understand better than most the power of prayer, and the graces that come through it. You have the whole Bible! You have the Rosary, and the Cross, and can follow Christ! Those are all awesome things! You have the Church!

Pray for the Church and for the Pope, and be aware of what is going on, but look at everything you do have, and still have.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    maryrose, Sam, Carol55 and 6 others like this.
  14. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

We are now seeing the results of the actions of people in the highest ranks of the Church, who do not believe in God.
    This has everything to do with the Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita and the communist infiltration of the Church, as testified by Bella Dodd.

We are in the times prophesied by many, including Bishop Fulton Sheen, who in reference to the anti-Christ, wrote in "Communism and the Conscience of the West" [Bobbs-Merril Company, Indianapolis, 1948], pp. 24-25)

"We are living in the days of the Apocalypse, the last days of our era. The two great forces – the Mystical Body of Christ and the Mystical Body of the anti-Christ – are beginning to draw battle lines for the catastrophic contest.

The False prophet will have a religion without a cross. A religion without a world to come. A religion to destroy religions. There will be a counterfeit Church.

Christ’s Church the Catholic Church will be one; and the false Prophet will create the other.

The False Church will be worldly, ecumenical, and global. It will be a loose federation of churches and religions, forming some type of global association.

A world parliament of Churches. It will be emptied of all Divine content, it will be the mystical body of the anti-christ.
    The Mystical Body on earth today will have its Judas Iscariot, and he will be the false prophet. Satan will recruit him from our Bishops.

In the midst of all his seeming love for humanity and his glib talk of freedom and equality, he will have one great secret which he will tell to no one:
    he will not believe in God. Because his religion will be brotherhood without the fatherhood of God, he will deceive even the elect. He will set up a counterchurch which will be the ape of the Church, because he, the Devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ …"

15. Back to the "environmentalist" Pope!!f Just change the subject for the sake of the globalists who really want him there!

Pope Francis ‘Embittered’ by Accusations but Has ‘No Intentions of Retiring’

Pope Francis is reportedly “embittered” by allegations that he knowingly promoted a serial sex-offending cardinal but has no plans to retire.

The Italian news agency ANSA cited “close collaborators of the pope” Wednesday in its report of the pontiff’s reaction to an explosive 11-page testimony by the former papal nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò.

In his report, the archbishop said that at least since 2013 Pope Francis knew of the serial homosexual abuse perpetrated by U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, along with sanctions imposed on his ministry by Pope Benedict XVI, and yet lifted those sanctions and promoted McCarrick to a position of influence, consulting him for the naming of future bishops.

Confronted with the charges by the media, Pope Francis has adopted a strategy of silence, refusing to utter a “single word” about the veracity of the allegations.

Since then, several bishops have come forward calling for a full investigation into the allegations, which extend to a number of prominent prelates along with the pope. The bishops have maintained that the accusations satisfy the criteria of “credible allegations” and therefore merit a thorough inquiry.

A number of bishops have also criticized the pope’s “no comment” media strategy, noting that only the pope can confirm or deny certain specific charges. Leaving the investigation to the media, as the pope has explicitly done, is an “inadequate” response and risks muddling rather than clarifying the issue.

On Wednesday, Francis once again addressed the topic of clerical sex abuse, offering a generic apology for “ecclesiastical authorities in the past” who did not deal appropriately with crimes of sexual abuse, while maintaining his silence regarding allegations that the he is personally compromised by rehabilitating a known abuser.

“On several occasions I have asked the Lord for forgiveness for these sins, for the scandal and the sense of betrayal procured,” the pope told pilgrims gathered in Saint Peter’s Square, concerning “members of the Church” who have perpetrated sexual abuse against others, including minors.

While avoiding the subject of the grave allegations leveled against him, the pope instead returned to one of his favorite topics: care for the environment.

At the end of his General Audience on Wednesday, Francis announced that next Saturday is “the fourth World Day of Prayer for the care of creation.” In this year’s Message, which will be released Saturday, the pope said he would focus on “the question of water, a primary asset to be protected and made available to all.”

By pivoting from sex abuse to the environment, Pope Francis confirmed recent statementsby the archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Blase Cupich, who told NBC News Tuesday that answering the allegations brought by the former nuncio was not a priority for the pope since he had more important things to worry about, such as the environment and immigration.

“The pope has a bigger agenda. He’s gotta get on with other things, of talking about the environment and protecting migrants and carrying on the work of the Church,” the cardinal said.

“We’re not going to go down a rabbit hole on this,” he said.

After ANSA reported that the pope was “embittered” by the allegations, the Jesuit-run journal America countered with its own report, saying that a source close to Pope Francis told them that he is “very tranquil.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...ccusations-but-has-no-intentions-of-retiring/

16. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Exactly what we all knew and said would happen. Ignore the issue completely and rely on the media to protect and defer the subject until a new distraction comes along in 3..2..1.....

Tanker, Light, AED and 1 other person like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

I haven't listening to this guy yet, I pinned it up to listen to him later on. 'Coffin', what an odd name! But he seems a very good genuine young Cahtolic gentleman, well versed in Aquinas.

His blogs are usually about the Angleic Doctor and his Teachings which I take as a very good sign. But because so many people where asking him questions about the Holy Father and whether or not he should resing he did a special episode. So I shall listen to him with interest this evening.

He is always worth listening too.

Oh! I see he is quite famous.:) Silly me.

'Ciad mile failte! That’d be Gaelic for “one hundred thousand welcomes,” the motto of my beautiful home province of Nova Scotia.

I’m a conference speaker, a professional mind-hacker and magician (I only use my powers for good –- check out my website here www.coffinmagic.com), and an author.

For almost eight years, I had the great privilege of hosting the top-rated Catholic radio show in America, Catholic Answers Live (380+ stations, Sirius Satellite radio, and listeners worldwide) and the podcast Catholic Answers Focus.'

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Carol55 likes this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Beautifully said
    And we need to always remember that God is in control and the glory belongs to Him
    Forever

gracia likes this.
  19. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

Maybe someone in the forum knows the answer to this question.

If the Pope resigns because of peer pressure from both the laity, the hierarchy, and the media, would his resignation be valid?

I thought that if Pope Benedict was somehow forced to resign his resignation would have been invalid. So maybe a resignation of Pope Francis because of the current scandal would also be invalid.

Anyone has any idea?

AED and gracia like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think you may have hit the nail on the head
    I have read something about this during the past week but can’t remember where

AED likes this.