Pope Pius X11

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Sep 17, 2022.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Some lovely rare shots of Pope Pius XII in colour here.

Pope Pius us a Great Favourite of mine. A mystic and a true follower of Mary.

It reminds me of a time when the Church was greatly thriving and healthy. A feeling of nostalgia too. My grandmothers has large pictures of the Pope on their walls, as used to be the fashion.

Te Deum, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I LOVE this. What a great blessing for the Church. I felt as though Pope Pius II is blessing us now through this video of his audience. What Catholic devotion!

Jo M likes this.
  3. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I regret that he has not yet been beatified by the Holy Church; just like Leo XIII.

Te Deum, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Ditto

Jo M and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

Pope Pius XII was in direct contact with and open to and informed by a number of Catholic Mystics giving him messages from heaven, for instance Our Lady of Revelation at Tre Fontane.. I love this. It is one of the Great Signs of a Good Pope.

Pope St John Paul II for instance was greatly influenced by St Faustina and Saint Padre Pio and did his Doctorate on St John of the Cross. Both Popes were also profoundly Marian.

They never said a word out of place either. Nothing they ever said for a moment could not be seen as very Catholic.

There was never any ambiguity in what they said. Black and white.

Their yes was yes and their no was no.

Matthew 5:37

All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

"We pronounce, declare and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever-Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul to heavenly glory."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Te Deum, Sam, Cherox and 3 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Huge throngs of devout Catholics. And a very holy Pope.

Te Deum and Jo M like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

The statistics back then are staggering. I recall reading one time of a Diocese in County Kerry in Ireland (this would have been a small one) ordained so many priests in one year that they had no place for them all. So they packed off 52 brand new young priests to the USA to staff Parishes out there. This was one Small Diocese in one year.

Just imagine.

What went wrong?

[​IMG]

DeGaulle, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

I mean look at the Eucharistic Congress in Ireland back then in 1932:

Mind blowing.

Sam and Jo M like this.
  9. Malachi

Malachi Archangels