Pope Francis' choices for new Cardinals

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by earthtoangels, Oct 25, 2020.

1. And...guess who is included....or does this come as no surprise??!!

Archbishop Wilton Daniel Gregory, Archbishop of Washington, DC (USA)

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/...ardinals-biographies-consistory-november.html

Still, the timing of his rise to cardinal is noteworthy, coming in the thick of increased U.S. attention on racial injustice following the police killing of George Floyd, a Black man, in Minnesota this year. Gregory was publicly critical of U.S. President Donald Trump’s visit to the St. John Paul II National Shrine in Washington a day after civil rights demonstrators were forcibly cleared from a square to facilitate the president’s visit to an Episcopal church in the U.S. capital.

Conveniently left out the part about the thugs burning the historical church near the White House and the mob not following requests to stand back.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/oct/25/pope-names-13-new-cardinals-includes-first-black-u/

Can anyone offer their expertise on the history of those chosen?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  2. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

3. Denise P

Denise P Archangels

Several years ago our then pastor, born in Cameroon, who had no great love for Obama, told me that when Gregory lived in Chicago he personally taught Obama the Community Organizing business. Gregory was our archbishop in ATL and confirmed both of my children. I’d like to say something nice about him but—- I’ve got nothing.

Beth B, Sam and themilitantcatholic like this.
  4. Blizzard

upload_2020-10-25_23-33-7.png

upload_2020-10-25_23-36-9.jpeg

Beth B, Julia and AED like this.
  5. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

does anyone know if the number of cardinals today is in a greater proportion of those who follow Pope Francis' doctrinal line, because I have the impression that if the vote for the new Pope were today there would be an impasse and they would have to elect an apparent conciliator between the cardinals.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I was so glad that Bishop Gregory had spoken out against civil unions that I completely forgot about his political leanings and how shamefully he behaved during the DC unrest this past year.
    :(

Sam, Mario and WTW like this.
  7. Mario

Mario Powers

Hope springs eternal...

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

It is right that you should remember the good thing he did. Thats what we are supposed to do. Good on you!

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

I don't know why I am saying this (n) but I think by next year many of these Cardinals may well be gone. Just a feeling I have that Our Lady is on the move.

Beth B, Luan Ribeiro, Sam and 2 others like this.
  10. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

Pope Francis has appointed at least 76 of the aprox 120 cardinal electors.

I don't think there will be a need for a conciliator at this point.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Luan Ribeiro likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't want to depress or scare people to death , but Our Blessed Lady has twice in the last few days mentioned an imminent danger of war involving the USA.

I am afraid everything is up in the air for everyone.

October 25, 2020

“Dear children, At this time, I am calling you to return to God and to prayer. Invoke the help of all the saints, for them to be an example and a help to you. satan is strong and is fighting to draw all the more hearts to himself. he wants war and hatred. That is why I am with you for this long, to lead you to the way of salvation, to Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Little children, return to the love for God and He will be your strength and refuge. Thank you for having responded to my call.”

upload_2020-10-26_8-21-0.jpeg

https://mysticpost.com/2020/06/prop...ill-be-forced-to-pray-in-secret-june-2o-2020/

Our Lady to Gisella Cardia on June 20th, 2020:

My children, thank you for being gathered here in prayer and for having listened to my call in your hearts. Beloved children, why do you refuse the love and Mercy of my Son Jesus? Take all that heaven offers you: why do you want to remain heartbroken and without peace? My children, pray, pray, pray a great deal; I have asked this of you many times and I ask it once again: truly convert—now it is urgent—do you not understand that these times have come to a conclusion? And when Jesus arrives, what will he find on this earth? You will have to be ready for what is coming: persecution will come and you will be forced to pray in secret. Please, children, I am your Mother and I want you all to be saved. Proclaim that Christ is coming; my Father is about to purify the earth of the wickedness that has taken possession of souls. Now I leave you with my maternal blessing, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

[​IMG]

12. Blizzard

13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Pope Francis' choices for new Cardinals.
    I have found videos posted by an Irish Priest who speaks about Pope Francis choice of Cardinals, and his talks are very informative and not too long.

Posted a video on this under the thread 'Church Critique', title God's Cottage! Courageous Priest.

Beth B and AED like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

I heard it! I like Fr Thaddy very much.

Sean Dowling likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member