Pope Francis backs pro-LGBT 'Nun of the Trans,' causing confusion

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by sparrow, Aug 28, 2020.

1. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Lifesite News - John-Henry Westen

After Sister Mónica Astorga Cremona opened in Argentina a residence for “trans women,” Pope Francis praised her work by referring to the biological men as “girls.”

2. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Ugh!!! Will it never end??

I thought PF was against the LGBT thing? I thought he had spoken about this. I mean, if he is praising the charity work to help people that is one thing but to back the movement is completely another thing. Mother Theresa set up AIDS houses and cared for the patients there, never judging but caring for them. In this she was being Christ but she never praised homosexuality. Diabolical disorientation.

sparrow likes this.
  3. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

If Pope Francis actually "praised her work by referring to the biological men as 'girls'", then I fail to see how he could be a legitimate Pope, as this is a clear cut issue of Faith and Morals, and genuine Popes cannot err on Faith and Morals.

sparrow likes this.
  4. Cannot err in his official teaching on faith and morals when speaking
    Ex Cathedra.

This is not an instance of official teaching, and also he was not speaking Ex Cathedra.

5. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

A genuine Pope cannot err in matters of Faith and Morals, period.

6. picadillo

picadillo Guest

It's just splitting hairs. PF is a Jesuit and has lost the faith period. Follow him and go to hell.

Wes and Blizzard like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

I think there is a difference between Material and Formal heresy. When we speak of Roman Pontiff being inerrant we are speaking of Formal rather than Material Heresy.

http://strobertbellarmine.net/pertinacity.html

It seems quite complicated. It gives me a headache thinking about it. :):)

8. picadillo

picadillo Guest

The president has a beautiful Ave Maria sung tonight at the end of the convention. Most pro-life president ever. What does our pope think? He is for the godless communist regime. Praises ex abortionists. Praises lgbt communities. Where is the Mcarick report, it has been 2 years. Can it get any clearer than this. Pray.

Wes, Mary's child, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

It is a very sad thing to write, President Trump is a non Catholic but I would have considerably more confidence in him if he were Pope than Pope Francis.

If it comes to that I believe my dogs would make a better Pope. They're not Catholic either....as far as I know.:):)

10. AED

AED Powers

This election has so clearly exposed the battle lines in the US and in the world. In the Church and in politics and science/medicine. Everyone may be putting on masks but this is a great UNMASKING. True natures are exposed on every level. I marvel at it with some fear and trepidation. "The winnowing fan is in His Hand." It is all around us. Mother Miriam ( used to be Rosalin Moss on EWTN) is on you tube saying get to confession. Prepare.

Mary's child, sparrow, Sam and 4 others like this.
  11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I wonder is this the beginning of the 'return to communism' as in Garabandal prophecies?

Communism as defined by atheistic and materialist world view devoid of God like Soviet Russia.

If they keep on this covid path then we are in for economic turmoil and massive state intervention across the globe.

Don_D, Mary's child, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I am sure that is their plan but last night as that marvelous tenor sang Ave Maria on the WH steps i suddenly thought "The Blessed Mother's got this!"
    Keeping the Rosaries going!

13. Not what the Church teaches.

And to deny the authority of a validly elected Pope (no matter how bad the Pope is) is extremely dangerous. Not a small matter seperating oneself from the barque of St Peter.

14. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Yes, you are right and I misspoke in a moment of elevated blood pressure.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and AED like this.
  15. God has graced you with true humility.

I can only pray for the same.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and AED like this.
  16. KyleHancock

KyleHancock Principalities

Was there any quotes that showed that this pope or nun actually approve of the LGBT lifestyle? If so, I agree this is inappropriate. If not, I'm not sure how this would be different than a house helping out drug addicts or alcoholics. For better or worse, in 2020 I think a lot of the front lines of mission work to show the love of Christ will be with a lot of disordered appetites.

17. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Do you mean out themselves as formal heretics? They're much too canny to slip on that banana skin. This priest from Jesuit Fordham explains the Pope's strategy:
    https://www.lorettocommunity.org/lgbt-catholics-are-hopeful-in-the-age-of-pope-francis/

He's running defence, clearing the way for the Lavender Lobby to score a touchdown. I wonder has it occurred to anyone that God spoke first and God will have the last word. Intrinsic evil doesn't become good because Sr. Campbell and Pope Francis have chosen to "run defence" for it.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I just saw this.;):)
    I can understand.