Please pray

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Annie, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Annie

Annie Angels

Hello all-I was wondering if I might ask for your prayers again. I’ve mentioned before that I suffer from some chronic illnesses as well as depression, and I have suffered a bit of a relapse with all of these issues. When this happens, my relationships with family, my husband, and God all seem to incur some serious damage as well from the increased stress and this time is no exception. I was hoping to make it to Confession sometime this week as that’s always a good starting place to feel better, but I haven’t yet found a place that practices social distancing and a phone call to schedule something outside of normal Confession times hasn’t been returned (being immunocompromised, I’ve been trying to take every precaution possible at this time). I get terribly anxious about Confession as I used to suffer from a severe case of being overly scrupulous so working up the nerve to go is always a challenge. I would very much appreciate it if you could keep me in your prayers as I try to recover both physically and spiritually, and of course you will all be in mine! Thank you :)

2. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Prayer said.

AED and Jo M like this.
  3. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

May Saint Dymphna, patroness of mental illness, guide and protect you.

4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Annie
    You are in my prayers. Pray to Holy souls for assistance.

AED, Jo M and Sam like this.
  5. Fede

Fede Archangels

Will add your name to our intentions in our prayer group. Ask for Jesus to cover you with His blood to protect you. Also, can I send you a prayer? So many have commented in my prayer group how beautiful if is.
    I haven't seen prayers posted anywhere and am not sure if this is permitted..just don't want to ho against any rules.

AED and Jo M like this.
  6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

Praying.

AED and Jo M like this.
  7. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Prayers going up, Annie. May God give you the strength, grace, courage and healing that you need right now.

O Mary, conceived without sin...

AED and Jo M like this.
  8. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Praying that all your prayers are answered and that God will be beside you and give you His Grace.

AED and Jo M like this.
  9. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

God bless, Annie. I remembered all forum members at Holy Mass this morning. As usual brought all those suffering mentally, physically, spiritually and/or emotionally. So your combined needs and concerns are in the safe hands of the Lord, right in the palm of His Holy Hands.

Suzanne, AED, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  10. WTW

WTW Archangels

Praying for you.

AED and Jo M like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, it is permitted to post prayers.:)

AED and Fede like this.
  12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Praying Annie. It will get better, don't be too hard on yourself. I know this sounds trivial and perhaps impossible when you are feeling down, but it is often helpful to find something to smile about. :) I walked through some very dark days for a number of years, and it took a terrible toll on my physical health. My body hurt all over. There were days when it was painful for me to walk even a few steps, and I was eventually diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. As you are well aware there is no quick fix for depression. I prayed, read many self help books on the subject, read amusing books, and went for a daily walk, all of this helped me immensely. At the time I was a young mother raising a family, and I happened upon a series of very humorous books written by Erma Bombeck about the challenges she faced raising a family. Erma has since passed, she battled kidney disease for many years. As far as dealing with whatever sufferings are sent your way, Erma said it best, " If you can't change something you had better laugh at it, and if you can laugh at it, you can live with it. " Laughter in no way minimizes the seriousness of a situation, but it can be an important tool, along with prayer, for surviving depression.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm waiting for this evening's online Mass to begin. You will be top of my list of intentions.

Seagrace, AED, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  14. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Than you Julia. God bless you for remembering us at Holy Mass. :)

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. Fede

Fede Archangels

Annie this is the prayer I mentioned which seems to give a lot of comfort and help. I think because it feels very personal and intimate with Jesus. I sure hope it will also help you.

PRAYER FOR WORRY, FEAR AND DOUBT:
    Eternal, Holy God, I come to You burdened with worries, fears, doubts and troubles. Calm and quiet me with peace of mind. Empty me of the anxiety that disturbs me, of the concerns that weary my spirit, and weigh heavy on my heart. Loosen my grip on the disappointments and grievances I hold on to so tightly. Release me from the pain of past hurts, of present anger and tension, of future fears. Sometimes it’s too much for me Lord, too many demands and problems, too much sadness, suffering, and stress. Renew me spiritually and emotionally. Give me new strength, hope, and confidence. Prepare me to meet the constant struggles of daily life with a deeper faith and trust in You. Let your love set me free, for peace, for joy, for grace, for life, for others, forever. Amen.
    FB_IMG_1603886319041.jpg

Suzanne, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  16. Fede

Fede Archangels

I agree whole-heartedly. I tell people all the time that laughter can heal. God invented it. "I love Lucy" is really great for this. I experienced the same as you with auto immune disease. And it brings you down. But we are God's and Annie He will help you..give it time and trust.

AED, Beth B, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Praying for you, Annie.

AED and Jo M like this.
  18. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Beautiful!

AED likes this.
  19. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Prayers for you and your family Annie.

Jo M and AED like this.