Please pray

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Sam, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Sam, please accept my sympathy for your loss.

It may provide some comfort, if you have any doubts about the condition of your husband's soul: A Novena to St. Therese of Lisieux starts next week on the 22nd. She was my father's favorite saint.

https://www.praymorenovenas.com/st-therese-novena

HeavenlyHosts, Mario, Sam and 2 others like this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Sam. Merciful Jesus, spread Your Wings over Sam and her family as they come to terms with their loss.

Praise God, your husband received the sacraments of the Church, he is saved. In Gods' eyes a husband and wife are considered one, so your faith will have protected Louis and brought him safely into God's kingdom. He believes now, and will be thanking God for all eternity for a wife who is a woman of faith.

Eternal rest grant unto Louis O Lord, may he rest in peace. Amen

May his soul, and may all the souls of the faithful departed,
    Through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

3. Booklady

Booklady Powers

I'm so sorry, Sam. Praying for you and your family, and for the repose of the soul of your dear husband.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. I'm sorry, Sam. I add my prayers. WBTW

5. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

My thoughts and prayers Sam...

Prayers to St Joseph

May the poverty of my sweet and suffering little Child be your riches. His sighs and His tears the consolation of your days. The love of His adorable Heart your earthly treasure, your all. And the clear vision of His adorable and glorified humanity be your eternal joy and recompense. Amen

HeavenlyHosts, Donna259, Sam and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying for Louis's soul and for yourself, Sam. I am sorry I didn't post sooner, I only noticed this thread there now.

It sounds as if your husband had a very holy death.

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Donna259 and 2 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

sola.jpg I am so glad of these various prayer threads. They are huge teachers about the fragility of life. To count my blessings day by day.

They remind me of the Communion of the Catholics in the Church, that we are all one big family.

They remind me of the importance of charity and the efficacy of prayer.

They bring many, many blessing to the ones being prayed for and the ones praying.

Carol55, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 4 others like this.
  8. Booklady

Booklady Powers

I feel the same way, that we here at Mother Of God are a communion of Catholics, who care and pray for each other. We share our sorrows as well as our joys, we share advice, we are together in Christ, even though most of us have not physically met each other.

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  9. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Sam like this.
  10. Sam

Sam Powers

Thank you so much everyone!You know we need a love button, because these posts need more than a like! I am so deeply touched by all of this, what a wonderful family! :cry::love: I am a little shaky and weepy, so please forgive me if I don't thank each person individually, but you'll never know how touched I am by each of your responses. Thank you so much! Donna that means a lot to mean as I know what you're going through now:love: and am keeping you in my prayers. Thank you all so much!

11. Sam

Sam Powers

Thank you Waiting by the window! I have been worried by your absence and have been keeping you in my prayers. I hope everything is all right with you?

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

ahh so very, very touching..ahh

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

You hang in there! We are all praying. Don't expect too much of yourself right now. If all you can do is breathe then just do that. God bless you and hold you in His Hand.

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Really good post

AED and Sam like this.