please pray for this job lead

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PotatoSack, Jun 11, 2012.

1. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Hi all,
    If you have the time, I ask you to pray for the job lead that I have now. It looks promising and seems to be a good fit. I interviewed with HR last week and this morning with the hiring manager. Now a first round of interviews is being set up for sometime in the next week or so.

My thanks to Padraig, Mario, and anyone else who prayed for me over the weekend that the interview would go well this morning. The prayers paid off!! Padraig happened to post in one of the Greece threads the question on how the search was going late last week. The timing was perfect for prayers to be sent to heaven for this job cause. Thank you!

So please anyone who has time, please pray that I am well prepared and the round of interviews goes well. Please also pray that this is God’s will for me!

Thank you!

2. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I will put your job situation in my prayers.
    Also I have a crises in my family that needs much prayer . I should be fasting but am so weak in that area.Please pray for this family situation as it is very serious.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Most Holy Family, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, join us in prayer before the Almighty Father. You know the needs of Rory's family and we implore your unfailing grace to open hearts, to offer forgiveness, to deepen the bond of love, and to bring healing. Scatter the enemy, break the chains of bitterness, pride, and resentment. May Your Mercy and Compassion abound in this situation. Come Holy Spirit! May the Two Hearts triumph and God's peace reign in all the family relationships! Jesus, we trust in You! O Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!

Rory, I will dedicate this week's fast for your family!

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Mario I can't thank you enough! it is so hard to pray when you are experiencing real difficulties with a crises. i will still go to Adoration and pray the Rosary and Chaplet.Thank you for the fast. That is so generous.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

At the Feet of Mary for Jimmy and Rory.

I must admit fasting is an up and down thing for me myself and I bombed a little after Lent. But I seem to be getting back in gear again so will , like Terry offer up this weeks for yourselves.;)

6. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Potatosack,
    I am praying for you and for your interviews to continue to go well. I had not been on the forum this weekend after my post before, but I always do think of you as well. Seems like we have been in this together for so long now. Maybe Joseph will step in for us both this week and I pray he will say "Enough is enough...lets help those ladies on that great forum!"

Oh St. Joseph, never was it known that anyone who asked for your help and intercession were left unassisted. Inspired by this confidence we come to you now, potatosack and me. Before you and Jesus we stand, sinful and sorrowful, and asking for your help to secure for us the jobs that we are each so close to landing, but we cannot do it without your help. We can do nothing without you. Oh guardian of our precious Lord and Savior, do not turn away from our petitions, but in your great wisdom and power, offer them up to Jesus for us and ask him to answer us. Amen.

7. Seán

Seán New Member

I'll remember you both in my prayers. Our Lady has said that prayer combined with fasting has the power to stop wars.
    If you find it difficult to fast (like me at times :whistle:) then you could offer your little crosses of the day to God, such as daily annoyances, anxieties, etc. Our day to day routine is full of these little golden opportunities, and we let so many of them slip through our hands.

Sean

8. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

PotatoeSack, Mom's calling ,I think I have it correct, and me RoryRory and the family crises .I am now going to Adoration for a short time and again at 4:00 for an hour and will be praying for your intentions.
    I have been pleading since a long time for this but it is reaching a climax and a decision must be made. Let's pray and fast it is for God!! Thank you all for the prayer and fasting. I am trying today to fast!

9. Daniel

Daniel Angels

St. Anthony, pray for us. Guardian angels, assist those who have asked for our prayers

10. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Thank you for your prayers. I remembered these at mass today.

11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

thank you all for your continued prayers. If you could spare any more that would be great. I've got more interviews for this job lead on Monday. Thanks!

12. padraig

padraig New Member

yes. at the feet Mary......

13. Mario

Mario Powers

I don't know, Potatosack, the knees on my pants are starting to wear thin! ;) But then again, it will make me holy in the long run, right? :LOL: You are in my daily prayers! God will bless your perseverance. May He fill you with hope and provide the dignity of self-support! May this be the JOB! O Lord come to the aid of PS. Make haste to help us in our need! Praise you, Father, for your goodness. Let your will be known by PS and provide Your sovereign grace to accomplish it!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

14. Daniel

Daniel Angels

PS, may my guardian angel be with you in your day of anxiousness.

15. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Well, another punch to the gut. I did not get this job. There is a possibility of contract work, but they will need 1 – 2 weeks to decide on any contract positions. I really thought this job was God’s will for me and I’ll explain why. Please bear with me if I ramble, because I really need your advice on what to do as it seems like God is waiting for me to be perfect before lifting this cross and I’m far from perfect.

Before I got this lead, the family members that I live with told me that I would need to move out by May, whether I have a job or not. They have been kind enough to take me in, and I’ve lived with them for nearly 2 years now. There haven’t been any problems with the living arrangement and we have never even had an argument, but they weren’t expecting this to be such a long term commitment for them, and they have 2 small kids so I understand they want to be a regular family unit. Then I received some other bad news as well. So I’m really reeling now at the state of my life and I don’t seem to have the ability to change it’s course. I had just finished a shift at one job and was sitting on a shaded bench before beginning a shift at my 2nd job and was pleading with God about the situation, asking Him that this may be rock bottom and from this point He would build me back up and help me to turn my life around at the very least in my ability to support myself. I did not feel anything at that point but when on break on my 2nd job I clearly heard from Jesus “will you abandon Me?”. I wasn’t sure what was meant by this, but after praying on it, I realized that when I was last working a career job I had pretty much stopped praying. I had abandoned Him and I was convinced that that was the reason for this very heavy cross that I carry now. I assured Him that I would not ever abandon Him again and that I would pray more than ever. A few days later I got a call from this company. One of my former bosses (the one who laid me off from my last position) is now at this company and had them call me to interview for this position. The reason why I thought it was God’s will was because it all seemed to have lined up perfectly. My old boss was there and explained to the hiring manager that I was not laid-off for performance reasons but because the company was in disarray. Another A-list reference for me is a VP at this company, and he told me he had already given the hiring manager a thumbs up for me. I worked a contract job for this company about 4 years ago, so I’m familiar with their product. Not to mention the job is a perfect fit. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and it went great. My old boss said that he was really fired up about me and was pretty much ready to pull the trigger now. I went in and interviewed with the hiring manager and another person and it went good. It was difficult addressing the gap in my resume (now 3 years). The hiring manager actually did not have time to read my resume before interviewing me on the phone, so he was unaware of the gap until we were literally walking in the office for the interview. So that gave have him some pause, but we also discussed me starting as a contract as a way to alleviate risk for him, which of course I have no problem with. Then I came in for a 2nd round of interviews with 6 more people. Again, it was a lot of people because of the gap in my resume and their concerns. I thought they went well and did all the follow-up expected, including sending samples of my work, etc. Two days after the interviews I was in adoration and clearly heard “self-denial” from Jesus. I know it didn’t come from me because my first thought was…my whole life lately has been self-denial! I’ve given up all activities such as my self defense class, biking (one of my loves, but my bike needs work and I don’t have the funds), my sports league that I do once a week, my own place, basic pleasures of life like spending time with friends, etc. All I’ve done since April is work these 2 part-time jobs, look for work, and pray. But I had not been fasting, mainly because these 2 jobs are manual labor type of work, on my feet all the time, and one of them is outside where I work 8 hour shifts in this hot summer. My body really needs fuel for this. But after hearing self-denial in adoration 2 weeks ago, I’ve fasted 3 times. I’ve also been faithfully praying my rosary and if I’m just too exhausted after working a double shift then I pray 7 Our Father, Hail Mary’s an Glory Be’s. But I guess it was not enough, as this morning I got the No email.

Now I have to tell my family and friends that what should have been a slam dunk job (in terms of good fit, knowing people there who are endorsing me internally) that I didn’t get it. We always say there are no coincidences and when everything seemed to line up perfectly for this job after I thought Jesus revealed to me the reason for this cross was my abandonment of Him…well, I really thought this job was it. Everyone here knows how much I have been praying this past year (2 54-day novenas, countless novena’s to Mary, faithful weekly adoration, good confessions, etc.). Will nothing end this cross? Is God waiting for me to be perfect??? I could have practiced more self denial and I haven’t been able to go to mass for awhile because I have been working or exhausted from work (there was a time I was working 65 hours a week on my feet and in hot weather conditions). It seems like God is waiting for me to be perfect and I don’t know what else to do. Now I still have no real job, I have to move out in May, and on top of that my car needs brakes and the check engine light keeps going on for about 50 miles then it turns off. I don’t have the money to fix it. My financial situation stabilized after bearing down and working all those hours, but now business has slowed so those 65 hour work weeks are no longer available and I don’t have the funds to get my car fixed. Lord, please help me!! My hopes are clinging to maybe a contract job there as was mentioned in the No email. I’ll keep praying and fasting and I must get back to mass no matter how exhausted I am. I know I am a big sinner and made big mistakes in the past but it just feels like this cross is beyond excessive and if I make 1 mistake then God will say NO to a potential contract job too. Lord help me…I’ve been turning to You and praying my rosaries for a year now and asking You to resolve this problem but it seems I have to be perfect for this cross to end.

any suggestions?

16. padraig

padraig New Member

Oh I am so sad, so very saddened about this. Like Terry I have been praying so hard. You are wrong to beat up on yourself. I must go away and pray to Our Lady about this. I could hardly bear to read your post.:(

I am moving appartment at the minute and may be away for a while; they are doing my place up. But be sure you will be ceaselessly in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like crying. I was so sure sure our prayers had been answered.

I will post again after prayer. I just wish I was with you to give you a hug.

17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

thanks Padraig. I really, really thought our prayers had been answered so at least I'm not alone in that thought. Please let me know if you receive anything in prayer to Our Lady. Jesus told St Faustina that He wouldn't have us carry a cross one second longer than we have to, so I just can't figure out why this cross is still on me. I can't help but think to a few of Mark Mallet's postings, about how we had a long leash for sin before, but now that leash is much shorter, and I guess that's why I feel like God is seeking perfection from me. The No email included the possibility of contract work once they decide on that in 1-2 weeks time. I can't help but think that's a 1-2 week test period for me to continue to pray and perform self-denial to perhaps salvage some type of work out of this. It all seems to be a test for me and how I respond to this devastating news. It's just hard to retain hope and trust when this all seemed to be set up for an end to this cross and it's just more of the same. I've been very cautious about getting my hopes up, and I must admit I thought this was it so I was really hopeful and confident. I don't think I'll do that again, no matter how much it seems like a slam dunk.

18. padraig

padraig New Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so with you in this

19. Lee

Lee Principalities

PS we have prayed and prayed for your employment and our prayers usually yield great fruit so there's something that we can't see, something only the Lord knows is happening. I am so sorry you are experiencing this great devastation. Please know that not only Padraig walks with you but many others do too. You are not alone and we won't leave you. Above all else remember the words at the bottom of the image given to St. Faustina "Jesus, I trust in you."
    You are truly an example to us all as you "walk by faith and not by sight".
    Lord have Mercy, please dear God have mercy.

20. grimisocks

grimisocks Principalities

My heart aches so much for you because this could be my life you're talking about. I will pray tonight, fast on Friday for you PS. I do so for selfish reasons. If you get a career out of all the prayers and fastings offered up for you, well then...there's hope for me :)