Please pray for my daughter

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Lumena, Oct 13, 2018.

1. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Any update on Holly, Lumena?

2. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Hi, Sg, things are a little better, in some ways. (thank you for asking.)

Holly was seen by her Doctor on Monday and lets just say that the Doctor is focusing on the Depression and Anxiety issues first and foremost, so once that has been controlled, she will see Holly again in a couple of weeks and reassess the situation.

At first I was alarmed at this approach, but then I found out that Depression can cause changes in the eyes, for example the person can look away more and look down more, and also the eyelids can open and shut more slowly and finally the person can be more sensitive to light.

I had noticed a month ago that there was something different about Holly's eyes and it fits this description above, so now I feel that maybe I can trust the Doctor to manage the situation and I feel more at peace, thanks be to God. Ive been asked not to speculate at the moment as my speculations about what could be wrong may have been adding to the anxiety level. So I'm just trying to keep the peace about it, but its hard.

Padraig did say he got an impression that it was more internal. It's really hard with anxiety because it can cause the most alarming physical symptoms, such as nausea.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Carol55, gracia, padraig and 3 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

What a burden Lumena. God bless you and Holly. If you must keep silent on your speculations with Holly you can certainly voice them with us if only to be able to vent. God has given you a doctor who seems to know what she is doing. Add to her medical skill your spiritual knowledge. Bless her medicine. Silently pray that the Precious Blood May cover and protect her at every moment. Invoke St Michael. Ask the Father for the sake of the Blood of Jesus to release Holly from the control of Anxiety and depression. Ask through Mary’s Immaculate Heart. Praying for both of you! Stay strong. God bless!

gracia and Lumena like this.
  4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Do you have any reason to think that something is causing her to be anxious or depressed?

Lumena likes this.
  5. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Well, she married young, and she hasnt had an easy time financially since she left home. She had her first anxiety attack a couple of years ago and it seemed like a medical emergency at the time. It really frightened her, she thought she was having a stroke and went to the Emergency Room. Then I think it became a struggle to keep further attacks at bay. So its a vicious cycle, perhaps. She and her husband still struggle financially, as many of us do, and it is hard to live life on a knife edge like that all tbe time. They are not practising Catholics, although they are comitted Christians. Depression and / or anxiety seem to run in my family on both sides and poverty is a definite trigger. Though we do not live in a third world country, many of us struggle to meet our needs for housing and living costs. She and her husband do not have their own home, they must therefore share with others. Holly also has Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome which is a stubborn and difficult condition related to insulin resistance and reproductive hormone imbalances that cause infertility for many. The only treatment we know of is a very healthy (organic) diet and supplements. These two things are expensive. So there are several things contributing to her stress.

6. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

She also thinks I tend to think catastrophically and it has rubbed off on her, but I do not think Ive ever had a panic attack. Im just a very cautious person. I tend to predict what could go wrong and I work to prevent it.

7. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

It sounds like Holly has many challenges that could cause anxiety/ depression. The doctor may well be right in her approach.
    Will continue to pray. God Bless.

AED and Lumena like this.
  8. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Oh Mother Divine, be a Mother to Holly now and always! Prayers going up.

Mary, full of grace, spiritual mother to those in need, I fervently request your heavenly intercession for Holly who is ill and seeks God’s miraculous assistance. You truly care for the sick and offer them your compassionate support in powerful acts of healing.

Stay near to Holly with your maternal protection. Console our anxious hearts and grant that our physical and emotional sufferings be a source of purification and growth for eternal life. Amen.

Mario, Agnes rose, gracia and 2 others like this.
  9. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

I have an update on Holly. I spent the afternoon with her today.

She has been to visit the Eye Doctor and he has said she needs glasses and that her headaches may have been caused by too much screen time and the fact that her eyes are different from each other. So she will be getting her first pair of glasses soon. Meantime, she is cutting way back on screen time and finding the headaches are not troubling her at the moment.

The other symptoms she was having may have been a virus which is now over or may have been anxiety symptoms which can cause physical symptoms like nausea.

She has also been put on some medication for her anxiety/ depression and she feels it is helping her. She looks brighter. She is also going to counselling and that too is helping.

She returns to the Doctor for further monitoring this week. Thank you for all of your prayers. I can say that she does feel much better at the moment and that I am feeling a lot better about her situation.

I so appreciate all of the prayer support here.

Seagrace, Mario, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  10. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

That's wonderful, Lumena!
    Thank you for updating us.
    God Bless.

Lumena likes this.
  11. josephite

josephite Powers

Lumena I have been adding your intention to my rosary daily and my hope is that all the prayers of the faithful be they secretive or not, are heard by God!

I can assure you that my prayers are not secretive! !

My prayers are in the open!

Praise be to Jesus...... the birds of the sky as well as the angels of Heavan hear them! And When I attend Mass I proclaim His Kingship!!

I am Catholic and so I do not have to cloak my prayers in some remanent catholic secretive society!

I pray in the open and on the forums.......... Jesus Is God! Amen

Jesus is God and therefore He is love and we know that love is suffering !

Let us look at the Cross

Praise be Jesus the only begotten son of God. Amen

Frank Markus, Lumena and AED like this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Good news!

Lumena likes this.
  13. I have kept Holly in my prayers, too. I attended a healing service after the Holy Mass last week. I prayed for Holly, Luke, Carmen and Mary Kelly. In the service, the priest was praying over each person that came forth. Many people displayed outward signs of the grace of the prayers. Likely one forth to one third of the approximately two hundred people present rested in the Spirit and many were weeping with the gift of tears. I have not experienced the resting in the Spirit, yet on many occasions I have had the experience of tears. Yet we all had graces in whatever form and I implored healing graces to be extended to your loved ones and the other urgent prayers of the forum members.

Carol55, HeavenlyHosts and Lumena like this.
  14. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Archangels

Been praying for Holly too.

Lumena likes this.
  15. Agnes rose

Agnes rose Archangels

I did not read all the posts so i dont know if someone mentioned it but St Dymphna is patron of anxiety and mental maladies. Many in my family have suffered from all tines of mental disorders including my daughter. I will enroll holly in the st dyymphna league. She will get prayers from the shrine and it helps, believe me i am ridden with anxiety sometimes and She has helped me. God bless

Seagrace, Lumena and SgCatholic like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

More prayers this evening and tonight. It is great to keep being reminded to pray.

Lumena likes this.
  17. Marykelly

Marykelly Principalities

Thank you
    So thoughtful God Bless you
    Mary

Lumena likes this.
  18. Marykelly

Marykelly Principalities

Adding my prayers as I know how hard to deal with depression, a couple of months ago I started a herbal remedy called 5 HTP
    I'm surprised how much it has helped me and at times of anxiety I take them and it helps calm me down
    Hope this something you can try for your daughter
    Blessed Mother enfold her in her mantle of love
    Mary

19. seekerofmary

seekerofmary Angels

Prayers going up

Lumena likes this.
  20. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Hope Holly is doing better now.
    Still praying.

Lumena likes this.