Please pray for my daughter

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Lumena, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

My oldest Daughter, Holly, who is 25 years old, has been unwell for about 5 weeks now and we are unsure what it is that is wrong. Her symptoms have been many and varied. Loss of apetite, nausea, headaches, severe tiredness, a couple of mouth ulcers, more recently, to mention a few of her symptoms that have come and gone over the past 5 weeks.

At first it seemed to me that it might be Glandular fever/ Mononucleosis, but the doctor examined her carefully and said no, it was just probably just a flu virus. However, whatever it is, it is not going away, and she is getting anxious and depressed about it, which is causing her to lie awake at night.

At the moment she has unexplained headaches, tiredness, anxiety and general malaise. What worries me is that I can see that there is something not right about her eyes so I know it is not just her imagination.

Can you all please pray that we do find out what is causing her illness as soon as possible? Thanks!

gracia, Sam, Seagrace and 1 other person like this.
  2. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Will pray.

Sounds like it could be a problem with the thyroid. My brother had these very symptoms and it was a problem with the thyroid. Those who are disposed to thyroid problems can get them even at a young age. Things like stress can trigger the symptoms.

gracia, AED, heyshepard and 3 others like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Praying for Holly. It might be advisable for her to have some blood tests.

4. josephite

josephite Powers

Will add this intention to my rosary.

5. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Will pray for her, Lumena.
    In the meantime, please get some basic blood counts testing done.

gracia, AED, heyshepard and 2 others like this.
  6. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Lumena have your daughters eyes checked by an ophthalmologist to see if she has inflammation my niece recently went through the same symptoms and was diagnosed with Behcet's Disease more info below

https://behcets.org.uk/information-for-patients/what-is-behcets-disease/

Hopefully your daughter is just run down and needs a good tonic...

7. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you, yes, this is possible .

gracia and josephite like this.
  8. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Yes, thank you, Dolours. I know she had some 5 weeks ago but she will proabaly need more. She is very anxious about having blood taken.

josephite likes this.
  9. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you so much, Josephite.

gracia and josephite like this.
  10. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you Sg. Yes, we will push for some more blood tests. We are in the public health system in New Zealand and we have to fight for our basic rights often in the health sector here. Its not as good as in the USA.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    AED, SgCatholic and josephite like this.
  11. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you, Quis ut Deus. I was diagnosed with Behcet's Disease a year ago. I have had it all my life but it took 55 years to get a diagnosis, as no New Zealand Doctors know anything about it. Yes, it could be that my daughter has it. I have not mentioned that possibility to her yet but I have thought about it. Thank you for your advice about the eye examination, too. That can pick up inflammation of the optic nerve, which is something that could cause her eyes to look different and her balance to be off.

Seagrace, AED and josephite like this.
  12. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Lumena,. I will unite my prayers with the family of the Mother of God forum for your daughter. In Jesus name we pray...

Booklady and Lumena like this.
  13. Patty

Patty Archangels

Praying for your daughter

Lumena and Booklady like this.
  14. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you, Patty.

15. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Thank you!

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Praying as well

Lumena likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

I will pray for her at Mass and following Holy Hour. Poor Holly. Prayers going up.

Lumena likes this.
  18. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

She will be in my prayers

Lumena likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers to the Holy Spirit. I remmber a Doctor telling me one time that in quite a few cases Doncotrs have not a clue what is going on and are simply left guessing.

I came across this prayer for healing, this morning, given by our Lady at Medugorje; perhaps it may help.

In Medjugorje, June 22, 1985, Our Lady asked to recite this prayer for a sick person

PRAYER FOR THE SICK

O my God, this sick one here before You, has come to ask You what He desires, and which He believes to be the most important thing for him. You, God, let these words enter his heart “It is important to be healthy in the soul! »Lord, let Your holy will be done in everything! If you want me to heal, give him health. But if Your will is different, let it continue to carry its cross. I also pray for you that we intercede for him; purify our hearts to make us worthy to give, through us, your holy mercy.After prayer, recite the Glory to the Father three times.

https://mysticpost.com/2018/10/medj...ealing-of-a-sick-person-dictated-by-our-lady/

Lumena likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Praying

Our Lady of Fatima pray for Holly.

AED, Seagrace and Lumena like this.