Plateau-ing

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Nov 11, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

I need help, I seem to be plateau-ing in my life, I just can’t seem to get ahead, even when I seem to be on verge of success. I just relapsed into mortal sin again right after I seemed to making some major progress in mental prayer. I’m still struggling with time management, I keep meaning to apply for an online job (even though I hate online work) was about to do so but now, I don’t know if I’ll have time tonight. Same goes for all the other chores I still have to do; from fixing the washing machine to looking for a real, in-the-flesh job; how am able to get things done and get ahead?

Please pray for me that I can get ahead. Also as a quick side note, can you please pray that I find my Holy Water bottle? I could really use holy water in my place again, but I can’t find my Holy Water bottle in order to get; I think it may have fallen under my bed or down the side of my dresser.

Sorry about this.

Shae, Beth B, Michael Pio and 7 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Praying
    You can put holy water in a spray bottle or a clean glass jar with a lid.

Shae, Beth B, RosaryWielder and 4 others like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

RW,

HH is correct; Holy Water can be stored in any reasonable container (glass or plastic) that can be sealed so that the Holy Water doesn't get contaminated or mixed with anything else. :) Bring it along the next time you go to Holy Mass and/or Confession.

Shae, Beth B, RosaryWielder and 3 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Most important--get to confession. After that if it were me and I know that feeling of plateaus--i would go very carefully along one task at a time. One step in front of the other resisting the urge to multitasking. When I try to do too many things at once it never goes well. Slow down and deliberately and fully complete one task offering it up to Our Lord in union with His own work on earth in His mortal life that His Heart may be consoled. Then on to the next thing. It works!!!

Shae, Beth B, RosaryWielder and 5 others like this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is wonderful truth and very helpful!

7. MMM

MMM Archangels

Reminds me of the movie, Silence which takes place in Japan in the 17th century where 2 priest went to spread the message of Christ. One repeated sinner kept going to the priest for confession so often it was clear the priest was getting frustrated by him. He was repeating the same sin(s) over and over but kept coming back for absolution.

What became clear as the movie progressed was this sinner was one of few with true, child-like faith. Despite his struggles with sin he never lost faith or trust in God's forgiveness.

We are all called to this life long battle. If there is any positive in the sins we battle with, it is their ability to humble us. Often when I think I'm doing really great is when I fall and I see the pride creeping into my thinking. Although I've made great strides in my faith journey at 54 years, the battle doesn't end, so stay faithful and keep up the fight, God sees your heart.

Shae, Mario, RosaryWielder and 3 others like this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

Thanks everyone I’m doing better now; I’ve got Holy Water and am trying to focus on one task at a time to get things done. I’m hoping to get two majour chores done by tomorrow and focus on finally getting employed.

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Wonderful. Thank God.

10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

God bless you dear RW! Praying for all of your intentions! Your so honest…..God must love you so much!

11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Great advise Ann. I myself need to remember that I’m truly not good at multitasking.

12. Mario

Mario Powers

It's great to set goals, but be sure not to overload yourself. Start out with a couple of goals to grease the tracks, then move steadily ahead. A setback in the midst of a few victories will not derail you, and when JoeJerk tries to pin you down as a failure, remind him of the heights from which he has fallen and that you are a beloved child of God! Call on St. Michael to defend you!

Praying!

13. Shae

Shae Archangels

I like this. Very sensible advice.