"Pharisees," "Schismatic," "Attackers/Haters," "Prodigal Son's Elder Brother," "Unmerciful," etc.

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by BrianK, Feb 13, 2017.

1. The thing that makes me so suspicious is that there is so much opposition against Pope Francis. Sure makes me feel that old Stan is trying to destroy him, just like he did Jesus. Every word, every act of Jesus was picked apart. Seems like the same is happening with Pope Francis. Perhaps this Holy Father was chosen to help separate the grain from the chaff. He sure seems to be a cause for most people to attend confession because he brings out such strong feelings and comments. But he hasn't changed any doctrine yet. That is why I am cautious and feel it's just too early to tell. I respect all who have great reservations but implore all to be careful and guard against spiritual pride. It is so easy to slip into.

2. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Crossposting this for clarity:

Read what I actually said please, not what you assume I meant. I never said to ban those who disagree. I said to cease branding people Pharisees simply for defending the clear words of Christ in scripture and the unanimous 2000 year teaching of the Church on admission of those in manifest grave sin to the Eucharist. It was the Pharisees who pushed divorce in Jesus' time, and it's the modern Pharisees pushing the corollary Kasper agenda. To call the orthodox defenders of the faith Pharisees is pure demonic propaganda and not to be tolerated on a Catholic forum.

Likewise those trying to prevent the faithful from "eating and drinking damnation upon themselves" by preventing sacrilege of the Eucharist are being truly merciful while those pushing Communion for those in manifest grave sin are being demonically unmerciful. To call those defending the Faith in this regard "unmerciful" or "rigid" or legalistic" is demonic propaganda purely designed and employed to break down resistance to sacrilegious Communion and places eternal souls at risk. As such it it cannot be tolerated on a properly moderated Catholic forum.

Likewise those simply defending the continual teaching of Christ and His Church are neither "attacking" nor "hating" this pope. To accuse them of such is a demonic inversion of reality that confuses the unsuspecting and endangers their souls and thus is not to be tolerated on a properly moderated Catholic forum.

Again error has no rights in the Catholic world, and there's no such thing as "free speech" because eternal souls are at stake and a truly Catholic forum requires vigilance and back bone in the face or error and propaganda.

little me likes this.
  3. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Anybody new converting? Repenting? Going to confession? Having a vocation because of him? He will not change doctrine, but he will "let it be changed". Through ambiguity, bullying of those who disagree with him (where is the charity in that?). Just like the immigration policy here in the US (which he opposes). The legal one, not the one that has been rammed down our throats by the Clinton's, Bush's, and Obama. Pope Francis to me is merely a social worker who opposes traditional catholicism and is a globalist.

Dolours likes this.
  4. I see the Holy Father as creating an opening for sinners to return. In Jesus's ministry He always showed compassion first and healed before He said go and sin no more. The Holy Father asks couples to go to a priest and talk to him. Perhaps your judging and rigidity is keeping people from converting. Maybe because of your sin people have no path to change and receive Holy Communion one day. That also is demonic. One cannot get out of a ditch if someone is standing over them and pushing them back in. The whole tone of these posts are uncharitable and judgemental. I pray for all of you with this spirit. I had it at one time also. Thank the Lord that He showed me the ugliness of spiritual pride. May God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
    Seagrace, FatimaPilgrim and Sanctus like this.
  5. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Quis,

Brian said he will erase all past postings. Didn't you say you were not allowing post to be edited or erased because it would affect threads. So should all past post be deleted if Brian is angry at posters comment.

Just wondering

:)

6. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I've deleted the content of your post that violated the spirit of this thread. Please read the original post as you apparently have failed to grasp its meaning.

previous version restored by quis (awaiting clarification)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  7. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Your call @padraig.

8. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Padraig,

Thank you for your forum. I will leave. Please do not erase posts. You win Brian

Al

little me likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

I am lost. What post was deleted and why was it deleted? :(

10. padraig

padraig Powers

Sigh

bflocatholic likes this.
  11. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

Wow, when I read that post it seems as charitable as possible. No one was labeled anything. If we can only discuss if we disagree with the Pope, that makes no sense. If the rule is we are not discussing anything related to the Pope's decisions at all, then say that is the rule, period. Something isn't right with deleting that post and causing a years-long member to leave.

12. padraig

padraig Powers

I will PM Brian. I am afraid I have lost the plot and to find my bearings on what is going on. :)

Now to take the dogs for a good walk.

13. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I only deleted part of one post. It was not charitable, it was deliberately inflammatory in the context of this thread topic, and I've forwarded the deleted part to Padraig for his opinion. He is free to restore the post. No post was deleted in full and no one was asked to leave.

14. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

All KansasSunshine's posts are an example of charity and good manners, encouraging everyone to avoid judging others hastily. It really is ridiculous to have Brian editing people's posts.

15. Thank you, Davidlig. It was an inflammatory post partially because sometimes you need to do that to shake something up. But compared to other posts I have read, it was very tame. I truly want to help the people that are so stuck but only God can help them.

16. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

brian i have regained control as super admin for a while i think in the interests of the forum and yours it would be best not to delete or edit anything including your own posts so that all members have full clarity on how we move forward things have became very clouded i have restored the post and removed the warning applied to ksunshines member account

thanks john

Jeanne, Seagrace and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  17. Aviso

Aviso Guest

Hi Padraig, I know you for years now and you know my English, please explain to me, who are the Moderators of this Forum, if you can give me their Names as well, I will be happy because I am lost as well, thank you.

18. Aviso

Aviso Guest

Quis ut Deus, what a Great Name, so you are the Moderator of this Forum, please confirm it to me, thank you.

19. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Thank you, John, for providing balance and reason here.

Praying hard for you, Padraig, to stay close to Our Lord and Our Lady and let them guide you to Truth and to help all of us to know His holy will and to always do what is right. Many of us are praying for you and for all of our members during this whirlwind.

Trust God, all. There is a sifting and things will get much more chaotic. If we lose our heads now in this relative calm what will befall us when it really gets bad (and yes things are going to get much worse).
    Don't fall into old skinny legs traps. He's a liar. The greatest liar. Stay calm and Trust God. He's got this

Seagrace likes this.
  20. picadillo

picadillo Guest

"Perhaps your judging and rigidity is keeping people from converting. Maybe because of your sin people have no path to change and receive Holy Communion one day. That also is demonic. One cannot get out of a ditch if someone is standing over them and pushing them back in. The whole tone of these posts are uncharitable and judgemental. I pray for all of you with this spirit. I had it at one time also. Thank the Lord that He showed me the ugliness of spiritual pride."

But hey KansasSunshine, who am I to judge except you and Pope Francis.

BrianK, Sunnyveil and Dolours like this.