Peter Friedrich 7 day Fast for Persecuted Indian Church:

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Xavier, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

2. TinNM

TinNM Guest

I will stay tuned to all of this. Thanks for posting.

One news item I meant to bring up this past week was that the Indian government was making it difficult for the Mother Teresa charities to obtain foreign funds.

For now, it appears this problem has been somewhat resolved:

India restores foreign fund permit for Mother Teresa charity - ABC News (go.com)

NEW DELHI -- India’s government has allowed Mother Teresa’s charity to receive foreign funds, weeks after blocking it saying the Catholic organization did not meet conditions under local laws, a lawmaker said Saturday.

Derek O’Brien, a lawmaker from the opposition Trinamool Congress party, tweeted that Missionaries of Charity was back on the list of approved associations after its license to receive funds from foreign contributions was restored.
    Also, here, the Sons of the Immaculate Conception order just moved into a nearby Church. They are from India. I enjoy their services and I'm glad to know something about what is going on in their home country.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2022
    Xavier and Carol55 like this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

@Xavier do you have to deal with any of this anti-Catholic persecution?

AED and Xavier like this.
  4. TinNM

TinNM Guest

I believe the good Father or some article was citing Goa, Indian state, where the Portuguese settled.

I think the state Kerala is seen, well, as having a lot of Catholics in India.

Xavier likes this.
  5. TinNM

TinNM Guest

Sam likes this.