Pentecost Novena Asking God for a Priestly Pentecost

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by Sam, May 20, 2020.

1. Sam

Sam Powers

[​IMG]
    Print this article Font Size -16+
    Fr Richard Heilman May 18, 2020

FIRST SHEPHERDS POINT TO PRESENT DAY SHEPHERDS
    Many believe this global pandemic, and subsequent distancing from Mass and Communion, has the hand of God on it. Or, at least, many believe God seeks to utilize it for His purposes. It may be that a kind of illumination is at work here. One that is calling us to a greater appreciation and love for the Most Holy Eucharist, while calling priests and bishops to a greater fortitude, amidst the forces of evil moving, mostly, unabated in our times.

Recently, I pointed out that our First Shepherds (Apostles), when faced with a “crisis moment” (Jesus is arrested) behaved in certain way. I hypothesized that the ratio of present day Shepherds (we priests & bishops) seems similar to the first Shepherds.

To summarize:

• 1/12th of us present day Shepherds seem to have no supernatural faith, treating the Church merely as a business – like Judas.
    • 10/12ths of us present day Shepherds seem to lack fortitude, like 10 of the 12 Apostles who deserted Jesus and fled, when Jesus was arrested. It seems that many of us modern day Shepherds simply allow evil to advance while we retreat in silence. However, it must be noted that the forces of evil in our times may be the strongest and most aggressive they have ever been, especially in this age of “instant information” … “instant propaganda.” Shepherds, today, are facing an enormous Goliath. We need much prayer for the strength of the Holy Spirit.
    • Finally, there is the remaining 1/12th of us present day Shepherds who, like John the Beloved, courageously stay with Jesus, all the way to the foot of the cross. These modern day Shepherds fearlessly put their reputations on the line to bring the light of the Spirit of truth to outshine the evil forces of darkness.
    However, don’t we know that the Apostles were huddled in the Upper Room, when Jesus penetrated obstacles – a locked door – and breathed on them with the power of the Holy Spirit. In that moment, empowered by the Holy Spirit, they left their fear and timidity behind, and became courageous John the Beloved Good Shepherds. They would then go forth from the Upper Room to stand against the forces of evil in their times, bringing the Spirit of truth, even when that meant they would be martyred. They bravely accepted their call to be the “influencers of their times.”

Jesus said to his disciples:
    “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
    And I will ask the Father,
    and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
    the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept,
    because it neither sees nor knows him.
    But you know him, because he remains with you,
    and will be in you (John 14:15-17).

We need to call out to God for the grace of a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit for priests and bishops! We need a “Priestly Pentecost.”

Priestly Pentecost
    Blessed Concepción Cabrera de Armida (1862-1937) was a Mexican Roman Catholic mystic and writer. She is also referred to often simply as Conchita. She was beatified in Mexico City on 4 May 2019, as the first Mexican laywoman to receive this recognition.

The Lord revealed to Conchita the vital role of the priesthood for the world, and then the Lord revealed this:

“I want to give my Church a powerful impulse in which I will pour out the Holy Spirit over my priests like a new Pentecost. The Church and the world need a new Pentecost, a priestly Pentecost, an interior Pentecost.”

A global pandemic emerges, distancing Catholics from the Mass, only a few months after our Church received a shocking new Pew Research Report that revealed 70% of professed Catholics do not believe in Jesus’ Real Presence in the Eucharist. Coincidence? One wonders. This is a “crisis moment” that should not be dismissed.

Let’s pray like we have never prayed before!

The Pentecost Novena in honor of the Holy Spirit is the oldest of all novenas since it was first made at the direction of Our Lord Himself when He sent His apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit on the first Pentecost. It is still the only novena officially prescribed by the Church. Addressed to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, it is a powerful plea for the light and strength and love so sorely needed.

Pentecost Novena Dates: The Pentecost Novena for our Priests and Bishops goes from Friday, May 22 to Saturday, May 30 (Vigil of Pentecost).

Power Up Your Pentecost Novena: Be in a State of Grace (Go to Confession). Find time to pray, in silence, before the Blessed Sacrament. Add fasting, to whatever level God is calling you.

Simple Intention: We will seek the intercession of the Virgin Mary and Pope St. John Paul II, as our intention will be the same as that of the holy monk of In Sinu Jesu: Johanninise the souls of our priests and bishops. Please, Lord, grant a Priestly Pentecost.”

Daily Pentecost Novena Prayers Found by (I will post the daily novena prayers here) …

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    josephite, Booklady, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  2. Sam

Sam Powers

Here is a link to the Novena to the Holy Spirit:

Novena to the Holy Spirit for the Seven Gifts | EWTN

I also put all of the MOG members{and families},and our intentions in for the Pentecost Novena of Masses, starting May 22, from the National Shrine of the Miraculous Medal here in the US.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you, Sam and God bless you.

josephite and Sam like this.
  4. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Principalities

Thanks Sam much appreciated.

josephite, Julia, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thank you Sam. I really appreciate your putting our intentions in the Novena of Masses.

I'm finding it hard to pray lately. Even watching the Mass online is a struggle. I can't go to Confession or visit the Blessed Sacrament because the churches in my area are locked. I will pray this novena and will be very grateful if you post a daily reminder. Maybe our church will be opened for private prayer by Pentecost.

josephite, Julia, Sam and 2 others like this.
  6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Sam, thank you for remembering MOG members in Novena of Masses at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal.

And God bless you for reminding us of the Novena to the Holy Spirit. Especially for a Priestly Pentecost in light of what Mirjana said recently in relation to the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart through her Priest sons.

Graceforce USA is an awesome Youtube channel

josephite, Sam, Shae and 1 other person like this.
  7. ellen

ellen Ellen

Yes, Julia, you're right!
    The Blessed Mother has said that priests will be the "bridge" to the Era of Peace! Fr. Heilman is one of those priests!!

I think of him as a general leading this army of little souls who are consecrated to Mary and who pray the rosary and fast as Mary has asked us to do.These are the weapons we use in the fight!

And as with Dolours....the battle gets wearisome. Im really suffering from "battle fatigue". I now have full appreciation for the admonition to "persevere to the end"! Its rough out here in the trenches these days.

josephite, Julia, Dolours and 4 others like this.
  8. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thank you so very much Sam. I appreciate your kindness very much.

josephite and Sam like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think that when we continue to pray in the state of aridity it is more pleasing to God, Who knows our struggles.

josephite, Dolours and Sam like this.
  10. ellen

ellen Ellen

HH, I think you're right!! Thats why I, for one, keep on plugging along.

11. Sam

Sam Powers

FIRST DAY (Friday after Ascension or Friday of 6th Week of Easter)

Holy Spirit! Lord of Light! From Your clear celestial height, Your pure beaming radiance give!

Special Intention

“Johanninise the souls of our priests and bishops. Please, Lord, grant a Priestly Pentecost.”

The Holy Spirit

Only one thing is important — eternal salvation. Only one thing, therefore, is to be feared–sin? Sin is the result of ignorance, weakness, and indifference The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Light, of Strength, and of Love. With His sevenfold gifts He enlightens the mind, strengthens the will, and inflames the heart with love of God. To ensure our salvation we ought to invoke the Divine Spirit daily, for “The Spirit helpeth our infirmity. We know not what we should pray for as we ought. But the Spirit Himself asketh for us.”

Prayer

Almighty and eternal God, Who hast vouchsafed to regenerate us by water and the Holy Spirit, and hast given us forgiveness all sins, vouchsafe to send forth from heaven upon us your sevenfold Spirit, the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding, the Spirit of Counsel and fortitude, the Spirit of Knowledge and Piety, and fill us with the Spirit of Holy Fear. Amen.

Our Father and Hail Mary ONCE. Glory be to the Father SEVEN TIMES.

ACT OF CONSECRATION TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

On my knees I before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses I offer myself, soul and body to You, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Your purity, the unerring keenness of Your justice, and the might of Your love. You are the Strength and Light of my soul. In You I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve You by unfaithfulness to grace and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against You. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for Your light, and listen to Your voice, and follow Your gracious inspirations. I cling to You and give myself to You and ask You, by Your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart, I implore You, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, to keep me in Your grace that I may never sin against You. Give me grace O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to You always and everywhere, “Speak Lord for Your servant heareth.” Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

O Lord Jesus Christ Who, before ascending into heaven did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul, the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth, the Spirit on Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, and the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord with the sign of Your true disciples, and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.

FR. Z AUDIO: HERE

12. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

Thank you Sam. :)

josephite, Dolours and Sam like this.
  13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Yo Ho Sam, hoping you can update Day 2 of the Novena soon. It is lunchtime here in the UK LOL. :)

josephite and Shae like this.
  14. Dolours

Dolours Powers

josephite and Julia like this.
  15. ellen

ellen Ellen

Anyone have the link to day 2 of the Priestly Pentecost Novena?

16. ellen

ellen Ellen

17. Sam

Sam Powers

Fr. Heilman is sending out the novena each day. It's just the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit with the added intention for priests. I will do it from now on myself the evening before myself.

josephite, Julia and Dolours like this.
  18. Sam

Sam Powers

SECOND DAY (Saturday of 6th Week of Easter)

Come. Father of the poor. Come, treasures which endure; Come, Light of all that live!
    Special Intention
    "Johanninise the souls of our priests and bishops. Please, Lord, grant a Priestly Pentecost."
    The Gift of Fear

The gift of Fear fills us with a sovereign respect for God, and makes us dread nothing so much as to offend Him by sin. It is a fear that arises, not from the thought of hell, but from sentiments of reverence and filial submission to our heavenly Father. It is the fear that is the beginning of wisdom, detaching us from worldly pleasures that could in any way separate us from God. "They that fear the Lord will prepare their hearts, and in His sight will sanctify their souls."
    Prayer

Come, O blessed Spirit of Holy Fear, penetrate my inmost heart, that I may set you, my Lord and God, before my face forever, help me to shun all things that can offend You, and make me worthy to appear before the pure eyes of Your Divine Majesty in heaven, where You live and reign in the unity of the ever Blessed Trinity, God world without end. Amen.

Our Father and Hail Mary ONCE. Glory be to the Father SEVEN TIMES.

On my knees I before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses I offer myself, soul and body to You, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Your purity, the unerring keenness of Your justice, and the might of Your love. You are the Strength and Light of my soul. In You I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve You by unfaithfulness to grace and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against You. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for Your light, and listen to Your voice, and follow Your gracious inspirations. I cling to You and give myself to You and ask You, by Your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart, I implore You, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, to keep me in Your grace that I may never sin against You. Give me grace O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to You always and everywhere, "Speak Lord for Your servant heareth." Amen.

O Lord Jesus Christ Who, before ascending into heaven did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul, the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth, the Spirit on Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, and the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord with the sign of Your true disciples, and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.

19. Sam

Sam Powers

Day Three: Sunday, 7th Week of Easter

Thou, of all consolers best, Visiting the troubled breast, Dost refreshing peace bestow.

Special Intention
    "Johanninise the souls of our priests and bishops. Please, Lord, grant a Priestly Pentecost."

The Gift of Piety

The gift of Piety begets in our hearts a filial affection for God as our most loving Father. It inspires us to love and respect for His sake persons and things consecrated to Him, as well as those who are vested with His authority, His Blessed Mother and the Saints, the Church and its visible Head, our parents and superiors, our country and its rulers. He who is filled with the gift of Piety finds the practice of his religion, not a burdensome duty, but a delightful service. Where there is love, there is no labor.

Prayer

Come, O Blessed Spirit of Piety, possess my heart. Enkindle therein such a love for God, that I may find satisfaction only in His service, and for His sake lovingly submit to all legitimate authority. Amen.

Our Father and Hail Mary once
    Glory be to the Father SEVEN TIMES

On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body to You, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Your purity, the unerring keenness of Your justice, and the might of Your love. You are the Strength and Light of my soul. In You I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve You by unfaithfulness to grace and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against You. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for Your light, and listen to Your voice, and follow Your gracious inspirations. I cling to You and give myself to You and ask You, by Your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart, I implore You, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, to keep me in Your grace that I may never sin against You. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to You always and everywhere, 'Speak Lord for Your servant heareth.' Amen.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul, the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth, the Spirit of Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, and the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord, with the sign of Your true disciples and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    josephite, Julia, Shae and 1 other person like this.