Padre Pio celebrating Holy Mass

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by Mac, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

2. padraig

padraig Powers

How I would love to have attended Padre Pio's masses. What a delight.

Mac likes this.
  3. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Thanks MAC...nice way to start the day wit a spiritual communion with Padre!
    If your not already in a Padre Pio prayer group or know of a Priest who has devotion to Padre Pio you should ask
    Father he would start one.
    2nd Sunday of the month groups meet around the world...Holy Mass FOLLWED by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament with rosary, various prayers Benidiction..... Padre Pio asked for these prayer groups to be established thru out the world

Mac likes this.
  4. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

I remember I was given a video some ten years ago of Padre Pio's last mass I was broke like a twig and roared in sorrowful pain and tears when he stumbled at the end,, it touched me deeply..

Mac and Infant Jesus of Prague like this.
  5. Mac

Padre Pio Proves That the Holy Mass is Jesus’ Sacrifice on Calvary
    Posted on January 24, 2014
    In the book “Padre Pio’s Mass” written by Fr. Tarcisio of Cervinara, we again are given proof that the Holy Mass is the Re Made Present of The Holy Sacrifice of Jesus Christ offered once and for all on Calvary. At the Council of Trent in the 22nd. session it states:

[​IMG]“Jesus Christ, our Lord and God, when he was about to offer himself once on the altar of the Cross to God the Father, making intercession by means of his death, so that he might gain there an eternal redemption, since his priesthood was not to be extinguished by death, at the last Supper, ‘on the night that he was handed over’, left to his beloved Spouse the Church a visible sacrifice, such as the nature of man requires, by which the bloody sacrifice achieved once upon the Cross might be represented and its memory endure until the end of the age, and its saving power be applied to the remission of those sins which are daily committed by us.”

Padre Pio is the first priest to have received the “stigmata”, the wounds of Jesus in his body (hands, feet and side). St. Francis received them, but only as a deacon. This is important because Padre Pio offered the sacrifice of the Holy Mass and St. Francis was only able to assist.

[​IMG]Padre Pio’s Holy Masses would last from 3 to 4 hours. People came from all over the world to be present. They would have to get there very early to be able to get a place in the church. No one complained about it being so long and quiet.
    ...http://www.traditionalcatholicpries...-the-holy-mass-is-jesus-sacrifice-on-calvary/

6. Mac

In his book Fr. Tarcisio asked Padre Pio several questions.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what hour of the day do you suffer most?

Padre Pio: During the offering of the Mass.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what moment of the Divine Sacrifice (of the Mass) do you suffer Most?

Padre Pio: Always and increasingly.

Fr. Tarcisio: During the offering of the Mass, at what moment do you suffer most?

Padre Pio: From the Consecration to Communion.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what part of the Mass are you scourged?

Padre Pio: From the beginning to the end, but more intensely after the Consecrations.

Fr. Tarcisio: During the Mass, are the pricks of thorns from the crown and the scourging real?

Padre Pio: What do you mean? The results are the same.

Fr. Tarcisio: What should we do during Mass?

Padre Pio: Repent and love.

Fr. Tarcisio: How should we hear Mass?

Padre Pio: In the same way that the Most Holy Virgin and the Holy women assisted. In the same way that St. John assisted at the Eucharistic Sacrifice and the bloody one of the Cross. We priests are the sacrificers of Jesus, the Lamb of God during the Mass, while all of paradise reverently descends on the altar.

Fr. Tarcisio: What benefits do we receive on hearing it?

Padre Pio: It is not possible to number them. You will see them in Paradise.

So, in the actual life experience of Padre Pio, we see that the Holy Mass is truly the Sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary for the conversion of sinners and salvation of souls.
    The only person for whom it was excruciating long was Padre Pio. During the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, he would actually re-live the passion and crucifixion of Jesus.

[​IMG]First we need to be reminded that at every Holy Mass, Jesus is, in an un-bloody form, offering His life on the cross for the salvation of sinners. Then that the priest is truly an Alter Christus, which means the priest actually becomes the victim with Jesus Christ at the Holy Mass. This is shown by the priest saying: “This is My Body” and “This is MyBlood”. The priest does not say: This is Jesus‘ Body or This is Jesus‘ Blood.

So when Padre Pio would offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, he would become literally this Alter Christus in suffering the crucifixion and bleeding in his wounds. One priest who was next to the altar during Padre Pio’s Mass, said he could never do that again because he could not stand to see Padre Pio go through that agony again.

[​IMG]In his book Fr. Tarcisio asked Padre Pio several questions.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what hour of the day do you suffer most?

Padre Pio: During the offering of the Mass.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what moment of the Divine Sacrifice (of the Mass) do you suffer Most?

Padre Pio: Always and increasingly.

Fr. Tarcisio: During the offering of the Mass, at what moment do you suffer most?

Padre Pio: From the Consecration to Communion.

Fr. Tarcisio: At what part of the Mass are you scourged?

Padre Pio: From the beginning to the end, but more intensely after the Consecrations.

Fr. Tarcisio: During the Mass, are the pricks of thorns from the crown and the scourging real?

Padre Pio: What do you mean? The results are the same.

Fr. Tarcisio: What should we do during Mass?

Padre Pio: Repent and love.

Fr. Tarcisio: How should we hear Mass?

Padre Pio: In the same way that the Most Holy Virgin and the Holy women assisted. In the same way that St. John assisted at the Eucharistic Sacrifice and the bloody one of the Cross. We priests are the sacrificers of Jesus, the Lamb of God during the Mass, while all of paradise reverently descends on the altar.

Fr. Tarcisio: What benefits do we receive on hearing it?

Padre Pio: It is not possible to number them. You will see them in Paradise.

So, in the actual life experience of Padre Pio, we see that the Holy Mass is truly the Sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary for the conversion of sinners and salvation of souls.

[​IMG]

7. Indy

Indy Praying

Lovely posts. I have no doubt Padre Pio guided me to a full repentance a few years back. Finally after a number of failed attempts I made the confession I was supposed to make and got the really bad sins out in the open he gifted me with a most wonderful dream. I wrote about it here at the time. In in I attended one of his masses in quite a humble hall, a beautiful mass and after it he met me, shook my hand and smiled. What a wonderful saint. I believed he once said, he would do more after he passed away than when alive.

8. Infant Jesus of Prague

e also said he would not enter Heaven until all HIS SPIRITUAL Children were home. Padre Pio is the Spiritual Father of the Blue Army bluearmy.com
    join and for sure your his special Child...its not cost to join

9. Mac

Fr. Stephano Manelli, founder of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, is a spiritual son of Padre Pio. No wonder he is being put through the crucible by the Vatican right now.

10. Infant Jesus of Prague

I listen to Homilys online....awesome Priests
    http://airmaria.com/
    [​IMG]
    Most Sorrowful Mother...save us !