Pachamama disaster

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by garabandal, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Thanks AED! Feeling under pressure with stuff today for some reason. "Surrender" is the answer, I guess...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

I can be right in my understanding of the Catechism and regular in prayer and attendance at Holy Mass, but without charity, my piety falls far short. That doesn't mean simple distractions are sinful. But I must constantly choose love, putting the Lord before all else, and striving to love others as I am able. I believe the Litany of Humility is a wonderful and challenging means of examining oneself in that regard because it enables me to test my motivations. Another profound beauty of this Litany is that I get to speak the precious name of Jesus 24 times! It also assists in one's examination of conscience.

Litany of Humility

O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being loved, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being extolled, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being honored, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being praised, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being preferred to others, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being consulted, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being approved, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being humiliated, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being despised, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of suffering rebukes, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being calumniated, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being forgotten, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being ridiculed, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being wronged, deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being suspected, deliver me, O Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be praised and I go unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. Amen!

Booklady, DeGaulle, Katfalls and 7 others like this.
  3. Tanker

Tanker Powers

One of my favorites!! :love:

Mario and AED like this.
  4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Thank you

Mario and AED like this.
  5. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

As pachamamma represents probably the most egregious of many abominations heaped upon us by Pope Francis, I decided to post this comment here. Many of us have found it to be going against the grain to criticise a pope, yet we have generally found the gumption to increasingly do so, in reaction to continuous horrors from him, both in word and deed.

I have been reading a little of Father Malachi Martin lately and was encouraged to read of his views on the matter. He was speaking in the context of Pope St. John Paul II, whom he considered a very holy and devout man, but opined that he disagreed with some of his methodology in approaching all the wrongs being perpetrated in the Church in his time. Father Malachi said that it was quite licit, even laudable, to criticise a pope as long as one didn't insult him or, worst of all, disown him. If such an approach was valid, and prophetic, for a saintly pope, how much more appropriate for a pope whose wickedness not even Father Malachi could envisage?