Out of the Valley of Tears

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by darrell, Jul 20, 2010.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

I'm very pleased to announce my book is finally published and the web site is up and running. :D
    http://www.journeytotruth.net
    For those who have been on the forum for a while, you've read much of it in my thread On the Most Holy Rosary (which was lost when the forum switched over). The book contains 3 never before published chapters. Part IV of the book--which was actually the first part written--was published in "Friends for Jesus" forum and I don't think anyone here has probably read it. This little book is 1/3 of what was originally a much larger work. Several trusted friends told me it was too big (in scope, not size) and so I divided it several smaller books. This first little book is basically my conversion story, and I think it's a book that could help some people (that's why I wrote it), mainly anyone dealing with suffering or tragedy, or anyone searching for truth.

2. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Well done Darrell!! I'll look forward to reading it.

Siobhan

3. Rain

Rain Powers

I like the title you chose. The author photo with the city as the back drop is a nice touch. More importantly, I think your story will resonate with those who have gone through personal tragedy and be a source of inspiration for many. May God bless your efforts.

4. darrell

darrell New Member

Thanks Siobhan! Thanks Deanna. The city in the background is Boston. I was there 3 weeks ago.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Darrell,

I just finished reading Out of the Valley of Tears and was thoroughly blessed! I will take time on occasion to make a comment or two. The first is how God takes our idols and makes them a jewel in our crown. As you said in Chapter 16:

All those years, I had driven myself, sweated, gone without sleep and suffered unbelievably, all for my own selfish glory.If I was sincere about following Jesus, how could I not give him that same level of effort?

I think you have made that turnaround- another miracle of grace. The Holy Spirit loved transforming the energy you poured into your biking idol into a vehicle driving you down the path of holiness. Alleluia!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

6. Mario

Mario Powers

Time for number two. Your image of the obscured rock in Chapter 1, representing the distortion of truth, was a very helpful metaphor. I think of the current generation poised on the edge of adulthood. Their perception of truth has become very clouded. The belief that marriage is but a legal ratification of a love relationship easily allows for the introduction of homosexual unions. The awesome privilege of the marriage covenant, of sharing in God's creative power through the marriage act, of sacrificing one's self-interest in order to direct spouse and children on the road to heaven- through ignorance to a large extent- it has been tossed aside for the convenience of a social contract easily broken via divorce.

But praise God for the marvelous gift of grace which gives us new eyes to perceive reality. As you say so poignantly, Darrell:

And then, when we look down amid the broken shards of all those deceptions and lies, we see our rock. It's there intact and real. No matter how much anyone tries to obscure it or deny it, in the end it's still there. Truth is truth.

Safe in the Father's Arms!

7. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

"And then, when we look down amid the broken shards of all those deceptions and lies, we see our rock. It's there intact and real. No matter how much anyone tries to obscure it or deny it, in the end it's still there. Truth is truth."

Now THAT is the truth!!! I really like this statement. :D