Out and About.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:35 PM.

1. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

Can anyone explain to me what an "ecology of the heart" is?

On second thoughts, don't bother. I'm really not sure I want to hear it.

Ananchal, Booklady and AED like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It's a completely fabricated phrase made up to sound interesting but does not make sense nor has any true meaning.

I could use a rude phrase to describe it but will refrain in case I commit a venial sin!!

AED and Adoremus like this.
  3. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

I think he is saying that at least in the first few months after the surgery he will not have the same vigor that was characteristic of him during the pontificate.

Luiflower and AED like this.
  4. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

An ecology of the heart is essentially cutting out refined and complex carbs. Eat cuts of real meat and real fats. Stay away from low fat diet nonsense and throw away all vegetable and other refined cooking oils. Stick with olive, coconut etc. Best ecology you will ever get. Low carbs high fat and dont look back. Bye bye diabetes and other ailments.

Adoremus, AED and garabandal like this.
  5. Booklady

Booklady Powers

In the Schools of Education here in the U,S.( read Marxist wharehouses) particularly in the department of qualitative statistics (as opposed to quantitative that uses math) they have started to use terms coined by other areas such as the sciences and specially post modern philosophical terms, and twisted them to describe their madness of the day. For example "ecology of the heart". ???

While I hate to use wikipedia, here is their description of the word ecology.

Ecology (from Greek: οἶκος, "house" and -λογία, "study of") is the study of the relationships between living organisms, including humans, and their physical environment, . Ecology considers organisms at the individual, population, community, ecosystems, and biosphere level. Ecology overlaps with the closely related sciences of biogeography, evolutionary biology, genetics, ethology and natural history. Ecology is a branch of biology, and it is not synonymous with environmentalism.

There you have it. The Progressive left here in the States have purloined many scientific and philosophical terms and given them a new meaning, known only to themselves. I know this because as a University Research librarian I worked with doctoral students in getting their dissertations ready to be sent to Dissertation Abstracts. After a while I could always spot an educational dissertation title, they started with power words, like Hegemony, Ecology, Post -reductionism, Environmental ("Environmental Stages of a Learning Continuum in Librarianship" for example), and my favorite Postmodern Hermeneutics :eek:. What does it all mean, and what do they have in common? They are part of cultural marxism. These Marxist groups invested tons of cash in grants to spew out this type of dribble as research, and unfortunately that has bleed out into other areas in academia. Is it any wonder that our universities have become a den of idiocy?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021 at 1:16 AM
    Adoremus and PurpleFlower like this.
  6. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Padraig ton up with vitamins D3 and C. Will pray that if you have it, it will be a mild case, and that sun you got hiking will help you immensely.
    Blessings

AED likes this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

I only just read this news of your "indisposition." But Garabandal is right. You will have immunity. Hooray. And you will have a rest from work. Please please take care of yourself. Booklady is right about vitamin d3. 4000 units with at least 25 units of zinc and 500 of quercetin if you can get it. Thats what pulled me through when I had the symptoms last January. Lots of green tea and raw honey and lots of liquids-water and hot lemon water with honey. Praying for you tonight. Please take care and keep us posted.
    Edited: I tested negative but had the symptoms--just about every one of them.

8. AED

AED Powers

(y):D

9. Luiflower

Luiflower Principalities

That is so true.

The heart is an organ, looking at ecology of the heart from the perspective of interactions with the physical environment perhaps, it is also to safeguard the heart from unhealthy interactions \ the noise going on all around.

Matthew 15
    Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

AED and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  10. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Remember to rest, eat well, take any required medication and do not overtax yourself . Your body is already working, you don’t need to push yourself:)

AED likes this.