Our Lady of Guadalupe

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by padraig, Dec 13, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

2. AED

AED Powers

She is so beautiful. I never tire of contemplating her face--so serene an expression. And so young!

Suzanne, Sanctus and padraig like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

If someone did not believe in God but was open to the truth I beleive I would refer them to Our Lady of Guadalupe and ask them to review the evidence. A great proff of the existence of God.

But if someone did not believe and did not want to believe then God and all His angels appearing beofre them would not convinve them otherwise.

For some people non belieef is a comfortable option.

[​IMG]

sparrow, AED, Sanctus and 1 other person like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Sadly unbelief and pride often go hand in hand. These words of St Ignatius are so so true. It makes me think of Our Lord's words in his parable about Lazarus and Dives. "They have the Law and the Prophets. If that doesn't convince them then even a man rising from the dead will not convince them." It goes hand in hand with St Augustine's words "do not ask to understand that you may believe but believe that you may understand."

sparrow, HeavenlyHosts and padraig like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

Great quote. I was listening to gentleman from the theatre world last night on, T'he Journey Home'. He was a former atheist who had come back to the Faith. He is quite famous, an actor by the name of Kevin O ' Brien.

He mentioned that his son at college had been approached by a friend who taunted him about his Faith quoting a book by Richard Dawkins called , 'The God Delusion'. Kevin went through the book with his son answering all his questions and responding with reading with his son a rebuttal book by Scott Hahn.

[​IMG]

Anyway it was funny, his son went back to college and approached his young, 'Atheist' friend and offered to discuss Dawkins. His friend went red faced and admitted he had never read any of Dawkins books.

Kevin O'Brien says most modern Atheists are dishonest. That their atheism is just a pose or a fashion and very few of them had really given any thought to it at all.

Dave Fagan and AED like this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

Have any of you listened to the music from the Tilma?

I would be interested in what you thought about it. I am planning to use it for meditation today our of curiousity?

Has anyone else tried this? JuanDiegonew.jpg

7. padraig

padraig Powers

It reminds me of St Hildegard Von Bingnen

AED likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I actually think I have CD of it from several years ago but where it is now... :((n)....I misplace things, lose things , accidentally throw things away...its not age. I've done it all my life. Probably I am a poster child for Attention Deficit Disorder.:unsure::p

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Unavailable:(:(

10. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

A link to another (short) piece on this lovely music from the Tilma. Hope this works.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Actually the music itself is quite brief, only a few chords really. What I am guessing it was is that the angels accompanied Our Lady of Guadalupe when she came down from heaven....Our Lady as Queen of the angels is always surrounded by them, especially the Marian angels and these are the angels praising her.

But that is only a guess. From listening and praying about it, using it for meditation. The angels are enumerating her virtues.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

The reason why God permitted the Spanish to wipe out the Aztecs was massive Satanic human Sacrifice to Moloch.

Colonization is not always wicked but can be willed by God as an antidote to great evil. ..we see this again and again and again in the Old Testament.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Suzanne like this.
  13. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

thank you so much for this thread. I had not heard of the music of the tilma and consider myself a devotee to Our Lady of Guadalupe....just beautiful.

14. padraig

padraig Powers

I was just thinking today of the wonderful effects Mary's visits from heaven have on Earth. Each of them, although Mary only comes for a few brief minutes really accomplishes more than even the Greatest Saints achieve in their entire lives.

In the case of Guadalupe nine million people in ten years..an entire nation.

Staggering.

https://www.catholicfaithstore.com/...on-story-our-lady-of-guadalupe-december-12th/

AED likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig Powers

I was thinking of the stars on the Tilma tonight as I looked at the stars and saw the conjugation of planets Jupiter and Saturn. The last time this happened was in the year 1226 and some people claim this may be the Christmas star.

This must have Great Meaning. it really must, just as the stars on the Tilma had meaning.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love the music from the tilma. Thank you.

AED likes this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

As he said at the end of the video, hoping for clear skies :)

AED likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

Well it was clear were I was walking by the sea. Actually I was not really looking for them but when you look up at the sky you can't really help seeing them , they stand out so much. I was outside the city or I might have missed them.

I don't really think that they were the Christmas star as the star of Bethlehem travelled.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers