Only in France? Or is something like this possible here in Ireland?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Roger Buck

Roger Buck Angels

On the 11th of December 2011, 7000 people in Paris demonstrated ...

Not for pro-life, not against same sex marriage - but for Christianity and against "Christianophobia"

Here is a short three minute video in French with quite remarkable street scenes, I think. Now it is very, very French and hardly Irish - but I wonder if anything even remotely like this would be possible here in Ireland?

I wish this could be translated into English. I will just translate the main big white banner you see right at the beginning:

France is Christian and must remain so!

I wonder what people think ...?

2. grimisocks

grimisocks Principalities

If we can't rise to the challenge of imorral laws, corrupt dealings within government and the illogical sale of state assets, then a cause which is seen as so toxic to the everyday Irish person stands no chance of protest. Unless the 'blue rinse' brigade use their free travel passes to good use.

Apologies for the flippancy but in the same train of thought of that young man who posted on your website which you shared on a thread here "It's only elderly I see at mass".

Miriam likes this.
  3. Roger Buck

Roger Buck Angels

Grimisocks, thank you - I share your concern about "only the elderly" ...

Over on the State of the Faith thread, there is a report of a "growing swell of younger recently awoken Catholics" ...

You and I are not seeing that. Other people evidently are ...

Any more further comments from anyone most appreciated - including about this video and the potential in Ireland to say no to "Cathophobia" ...