Novena to Our Lady of Sorrows starts today

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by ellen, Sep 7, 2021.

1. ellen

ellen Ellen

https://americaneedsfatima.org/Our-Blessed-Mother/novena-to-our-lady-of-sorrows.html

Sorrow” – such a weighty word; but one each of us can relate to one degree or another.

Knowing what her Son went through, is it any wonder Our Lady is one intimately acquainted with sorrow?

But therein lays our hope! Give your sorrows to Mary, offer to console her in her sorrows….

…and, through the workings of the Holy Spirit, your sorrows will turn into JOY.

If sorrow means something to you, it is because you have experienced sorrow in your life; and, most importantly, you are not afraid of the word.

The majority of people today spend a great deal of time, money and energy avoiding sorrow and suffering, running from the everyday afflictions of our human condition.

And it may even work for them, for a time.

However, in this “valley of tears”, tragedy is inevitable and sorrow follows closely in its wake. Whether it is the loss of a loved one, one’s job or health…no loss can compare to what Our Lady felt at the foot of the Cross.

To watch her Beloved Son suffer cruel torments at the hands of the Roman soldiers who were experts at inflicting pain—it just cannot be imagined.

Thirty-three years before this, the high priest and prophet Simeon had warned Her,

“Behold this child is set for the fall, and for the resurrection of many in Israel, and for a sign which shall be contradicted; And thy own soul a sword shall pierce, that, out of many hearts, thoughts may be revealed." (Luke 2:34-35)

Sorrow has purpose; it is the raw material, the “clay” if you will, that the Divine Creator uses to mold a greater good.

So, my friend, when you find yourself weighed down by sorrow, turn to Mary.

She is well acquainted with it and will gently teach you how to turn your sorrow into JOY.

I remain your friend,
    In Jesus and Mary,

[​IMG]

Director, America Needs Fatima
    www.americaneedsfatima.org

https://americaneedsfatima.org/Our-Blessed-Mother/novena-to-our-lady-of-sorrows.html

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Sam, Beth B, AED and 2 others like this.
  2. Rose

Rose Angels

Thanks for reminder, I had forgotten and would have been really disappointed. This is a powerful novena and rosary.

maryn, Sam, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Good reminder Ellen. Thanks.

Sam and Beth B like this.
  4. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I'm doing it!

5. jackzokay

jackzokay Powers

I have been saying this prayer everyday for 15 years or so (except when I had the karaoke virus, I just couldn't maintain it thru it)
    Anyways, there are promises with it - it is useful to look these up. One of these is that our lady will meet you at the instant of your death, and advocate for you, before her son.
    Some promise!!
    But there are others too.
    I would recommend this prayer to all.

Sam and Bernadette like this.
  6. Whatever

Whatever Powers

Thank you for posting this reminder. The link in your post wouldn't work for me. In case anyone else has the same problem, here is another link to the novena on the same website: https://americaneedsfatima.org/Our-Blessed-Mother/novena-to-our-lady-of-sorrows.html

7. ellen

ellen Ellen

Whatever likes this.