No Mass due to coronavirus? Check here alternatives

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by sparrow, Mar 14, 2020.

1. sparrow

sparrow Powers

A Short Guide for Catholics Coping with the Coronavirus
    Posted by Annie
    · Saturday, March 14th, 2020

[​IMG]
    If churches around you have closed or canceled public Masses and if you are spending more time at home we wanted to share a few online options with you so that you can still watch Mass — and have a fruitful Lent.

Here are a few options for you:

+ You can watch Mass on EWTN’s live feed here. It looks like they have Mass at 8 am EST and 12 pm EST on Sunday. Daily Mass throughout the rest of the week is at the same time. Here’s their schedule.

+ You can also make an act of Spiritual Communion by saying a prayer like this one: “My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.”

+ You can find a live broadcast of perpetual Adoration here.

+ And you can watch, listen or read through the video presentations of our online Lenten Retreat here.

Here are some of the presentations that might be especially helpful right now:

Hope in a Faithful God

St. Joseph – Protector and Father

Overcoming Lies of the Devil, and

The Faith and Doubt of St. Thomas – a guided-meditation.

+ Finally you can join me (Annie) in praying the Rosary here.

We are praying for you and your intentions during this time. St. Joseph, pray for us!

God bless you!

John-Paul & Annie – PrayMoreNovenas.com

2. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Thank you for this wonderful list of resources.

3. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

4. Mylordandmygod

Mylordandmygod New Member

Our bishops in ireland I'm afraid are showing cowardice.Do they not know that we would go to our lords sacrifice no matter what the cost.Do they not know our history during the penal times.Families walked miles at night to the mass rock.We must attend the mass for it is attending calvary.

5. Denmomof3

Denmomof3 New Member

6. Sam

Sam Powers

Fr. John Paul said at Mass this morning that a lot of people have been calling them worried about them not continuing the Mass, but EWTN promises to do the live Mass every day{At 8am with repeats during the day}.

7. If you live in southern California, the diocese of San Bernadino will continue Masses as scheduled.

Tanker likes this.
  8. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

My Diocese also has a televised Mass every Sunday at 10.

Sam likes this.
  9. Denmomof3

Denmomof3 New Member

This is very comforting to know. I think a lot of home bound people have enjoyed listening to and watching the mass on EWTN.

Sam and AED like this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The Carmelites in St. Teresa's, Clarendon St., Dublin, are livestreaming their 6 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass and their 11 a.m. Sunday Mass: https://www.clarendonstreet.com/

Sam and AED like this.
  11. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Grdiocese.org
    You will find Mass celebrated at 10:00AM EST in English from the Cathedral of St Andrew's by Bishop Walkowiak.

AED likes this.
  12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I do fear it is not just the Irish Bishops who are showing cowardice.

It occurred to me this morning, it is said somewhere in the Gospels; "He that saves his own life will lose it, he that loses his life for My sake will save it."

As long as there is a Sacrifice of the Holy Mass available, it is my intention to attend out of Love, Faith and Trust in my God and Saviour. I think you could call it real Holy Fear, because I do not feel fear for my only True Friend in this life; but the thought of cowardice in upholding the Sacred tradition handed down to us, commemorating His Sacrifice for me and for all is unthinkable.

I have decided to attend ordinary Holy Mass and not receive Holy Eucharist, (in the hand). I will wait until there is a Latin Mass where Holy Communion is always given on the tongue. At Latin Mass, they ask us not to go to Holy Mass if we have a cough or cold out of consideration for the rest of the community because of corona virus. But as long as we are not aware of any symptoms, we can receive Holy Eucharist. That seems the most charitable, sensible, faith based solution. Praise God.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I'm really upset this morning in tears. I really need Mass. I cannot live without it. God forgive me for taking for granted the availability of Mass each Sunday.

One time when my son was quite young he asked why I always went to Mass each Sunday I told him I needed it to give me strength to get through each week. I need it to keep me alive.

I am sincerely and truly gutted this morning. I am heart-broken.

They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." (John 20:13)

Adoremus, josephite, Shae and 5 others like this.
  14. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Not all the Irish Bishops, Julia, because the Archbishop of Dublin didn't impose a blanket ban for the diocese. Priests make the decision presumably based on the size of their church and the number of people likely to attend Mass. Many churches are offering Sunday Mass behind closed doors, and some are restricting numbers to the Government imposed limit of 100 people for all indoor gatherings. There will be weekday Masses in churches where they are confident that they won't exceed the 100 person limit.

There are Masses in Dublin today - I have just watched the first Mass in one Dublin church. I'm hoping to go to Mass in a different church later today. Communion in the hand only in all churches except for one church where they offer the TLM and have added two extra Masses today - it's spiritual Communion only in that church.

There was an awkward moment at the Mass I watched this morning. A man knelt to receive Communion on the tongue and was refused. I would be sympathetic to him except that the church's website made it clear that there would be Communion in the hand only and the priest also asked that people receive in the hand. I know that, per a previous Vatican statement, the faithful are entitled to receive on the tongue but there are times for digging in and times to hold off. This is one of those time when it's better to hold off.

Sam, AED and Julia like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Praying

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Sam, AED, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  16. garabandal

garabandal Powers

17. Indy

Indy Praying

AED likes this.
  18. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Sam and AED like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

I have to agree. I received on the hand. I didnt want to but I did as per the Bishop's request.

josephite, Dolours and Sam like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Desolation. Arid waste. That is what it is.

Shae and Joan J like this.