New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Signs Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Beth B, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I forgot to mention that Mrs Murray calls herself a Catholic. But, I suppose that goes without saying these days.

Beth B likes this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Geeezzzz.....

Just another reason these fake Catholics need to be excommunicated! What a scandal to the faith! The likes of her...and nerve....to claim to be catholic! If you think killing babies is ok, you promote it, and you vote for it.....
    You are NOT catholic. Will a bishop please send her a memo?

Sam and AED like this.
  3. Sam

Sam Powers

satan's time must be short, he's pulling out everything he has

Massachusetts Democrats push bill to allow more late-term abortions

by Paul Conner
    | February 06, 2019 07:00 PM

Massachusetts Democrats are pushing a sweeping bill to allow more third-trimester abortions, meaning the commonwealth would join New York in having some of the loosest restrictions in the country.

Massachusetts law currently bans abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy except if a woman's pregnancy endangers her life, or if continuing the pregnancy would risk “grave impairment of her physical or mental health.” The Remove Obstacles and Expand Abortion Access Act, or "ROE Act," would loosen those restrictions by dropping the "grave impairment" language and allowing abortions after 24 weeks to protect the mother’s “physical or mental health, or in cases of lethal fetal anomalies, or where the fetus is incompatible with sustained life outside the womb.”

The bill would give doctors much more latitude in deciding to conduct abortions and would delete the section in current Massachusetts law that requires doctors to “take all reasonable steps … to preserve the life and health of the aborted child,” including having life-supporting equipment in the room. It would also repeal existing law that requires a minor to get her parents’ consent before an abortion.

“The ROE Act breaks down barriers to ensure that women are able to receive appropriate medical care, according to a physician’s best judgment, in tragic circumstances when there are lethal abnormalities or a risk to the woman’s life during the course of a pregnancy,” state Sen. Harriette Chandler, the bill’s sponsor in the Senate, told the Washington Examiner. “The law should reflect that these are very difficult decisions that should be made between a woman and her doctor.”

The ROE Act, which was introduced in January, has 20 cosponsors in the Senate and 100 cosponsors in the House, all Democrats.

“Horrifying,” Melanie Israel, research associate at the conservative Heritage Foundation, said upon reading the legislation. “It’s New York and Virginia all over again.”

Fetal abnormalities “can be anything from something that is going to be a life-limiting condition to the fetus, or based on how loosely these definitions are, it can be something like Down syndrome,” Israel told the Examiner.

A fetus that reaches the gestational age of 23-24 weeks in developed countries has a 50 percent chance of survival, according to a 2016 paper funded by the National Institutes of Health. The chances of survival increase dramatically if they survive into later weeks, reaching 84 percent at 25 weeks and 90 percent at 26 weeks, according to a study in 2017 published in Pediatrics.

Lethal fetal abnormalities can include a variety of birth defects that can make life painful or short for the infant, though determining how long an infant will live with an anomaly can be imprecise.

“Sometimes, the best estimates of prognosis turn out to be wrong,” seven doctors wrote in an article published in Pediatrics in May 2016. “The infant’s symptoms may be less severe or more severe than anticipated based on prenatal assessment.”

The legislation comes as abortion rights groups fear a conservative-majority U.S. Supreme Court will decide to roll back the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in every state. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a similar sort of bill into law in January.

Chandler’s office cited a poll commissioned by the abortion rights group NARAL Massachusetts that found that 76 percent of Massachusetts supports allowing abortions after 24 weeks “to protect a woman’s health or in cases where there is a grave fetal anomaly.”

NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts, Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts, the ACLU of Massachusetts, and Massachusetts Family Planning Association sponsored a rally in support of the Roe Act on Jan. 17 at the Massachusetts State House, and the groups have been pushing the bill on social media.

National polling from Gallup in 2018 shows that U.S. adults are split on whether abortions should be legal in the third trimester when the baby would be born with a life-threatening illness.

Israel, from the Heritage Foundation, warned that the language about protecting a woman’s physical or mental health is too broad.

The language “can be so loosely interpreted that it can be anything from, a woman is feeling overwhelmed about what the postpartum process is going to be like … That could be reason enough to have a late-term abortion based on these new, much more loose definitions,” Israel said.

Massachusetts Democrats push bill to allow more late-term abortions

Beth B likes this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

So horrified I cant even respond.

Tanker likes this.
  5. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Going back to Bishop/Cardinal Dolan...he stated nothing would change, if Cuomo was excommunicated. It shows he doesn't believe in souls, heaven or hell. The action is not for the world...but for the spiritual battle going on all around us. The Bishop forgot his primary duty is to save SOULS.

St. Paul also expressed hope. He imposed the sanction upon the offender “so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord,” indicating a hope for repentance, conversion, and a readmittance into the community. (This motive is affirmed also in II Thessalonians 3:15 and II Corinthians 2:5-11.) Nevertheless, until such time, the obstinate sinner had to be removed to prevent both the infection of the rest of the believers and the appearance of condoning such a sinful action.

The clergy have to stop the non-sense of social justice first. Without spiritual conversion and the individual healing of souls...social justice can never happen. The clergy have LOST their way...time for the great conversion.

Byron, AED, sterph and 1 other person like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear God, this is Satan’s sacrament! Our church will be severely punished if they don’t intervene!
    If bishops were being slaughtered, you’d sure hear yelling from the steeple.
    Every stop would be pulled to end this.
    And our innocent babies get nothing but lip service...

SgCatholic, Byron, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Social justice begins in the womb....please tell the bishops! Do they too think they have no rights until birth? Their silence is deafening....shame on their souls.

Byron, AED, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  8. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

Someone publicly proclaimed the sanctity of life during a sand castle contest. Loved this!

[​IMG]

josephite, Carol55, Byron and 5 others like this.
  9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Beautiful!

josephite likes this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

What would change is the limp wristed attitude of the Church prelates in giving Catholics in name only a pass on actually living their faith in and out of office. It would put the world on notice that the Church finds this abhorrent and will do anything within our power to put an end to it and those who support it (let alone sign it into law) will not be tolerated. He knows this and he is waffling. He is brushing it aside with a lame excuse and simply refusing to do his duty. I wonder exactly what he would find worthy of excommunication and the effort to make it happen if not this.

What is happening is so blatantly in your face satanic and it won't end here.

Beth B likes this.
  11. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

I saw this young woman at a Right-to-Life conference at least 25 years ago, maybe longer. She was excited because she was going to attend her school prom that evening with a dashing young man. Her story of surviving a botched abortion is so incredible that I had to share it.
    GIANNA JESSEN
    [​IMG]

Gianna Jessen does not quit. Giving up is not an option for her. Gianna has what she refers to as the "gift" of Cerebral Palsy. She weighed a mere 2 lbs at birth and the doctors said she would never be able to hold up her head, sit up, crawl or walk. She began to walk by the age of three years old with the help of leg braces and a walker.

Gianna's biological mother was 17 when she had a saline abortion in her third trimester. Many Americans don't realize it is legal to have an abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy. After being burned alive for approximately 18 hours in the womb from the saline solution, Gianna was delivered alive in a Los Angeles County abortion clinic. Her medical records state, "born during saline abortion"...this is what caused her Cerebral Palsy.

Gianna shouldn't be walking, nor should she even be alive. But she is a Christian and believes that her life was given to her by the grace of God, and because she was given this gift, she has given her life to promote the sanctity of all human life and to speak out against the scourge of abortion. Gianna still walks with a slight limp today, but doesn't believe that her Cerebral Palsy takes away her life, rather, enriches it.

Gianna's life has been covered by many major news media outlets, including, most recently, the BBC News and World Radio, Sky News, and The Good Morning Show in England, reaching many people with a message of hope and conviction. In November 2005, Gianna spoke in several colleges all over Ireland and in December of the same year, spoke at a meeting held at the House of Commons in London. She has returned to England this year to speak in several parochial and public high schools.

Gianna's audiences include: churches - church youth crusades and women's ministry retreats; various corporations as a motivational speaker; secular and Christian youth organizations and schools – middle school age through college, as well as several times before Congress - most recently having her testimony read before the Supreme Court in Carhart v. Gonzales.

Gianna puts a human face to the whole debate, which so often and easily forgets that in every abortion, an individual human being's life is ended.
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************

Gianna also made a plea before the House Judiciary Committee in 2016. Her love for God is immense and her joy for life is contagious. As long as we have this kind of witness to the value of life there is hope.

josephite, Beth B, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  12. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Definitely. The communist infiltration happened long ago, as testified by Bella Dodd.
    PF doesn't believe in hell, according to that trusted interviewer of his, who refuses to take notes, but is repeatedly given interviews by PF.

Beth B and Byron like this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Expressions of regret about the baby killing NY bill doesn’t cut it Cardinal Dolan! Even the cast from Fox & Friends can’t understand how Cuomo can get away with this without church sanctions.
    Dolan said persecuting him with church sanctions is what Cuomo wants...so why bother??? Seriously? Lousy excuse for NOT DOING ANYTHING! Nothing but pathetic lip service. Cowardly Cardinal. What did you do to stop this murder before it was made law...the same thing you’re doing now....nothing...just lip service!

Byron likes this.
  14. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

The Governor is now deeply disturbed and confused and consciously allowing his soul to enter into total darkness. Pray for his awakening to the need for conversion. This prideful need for earthly power is a great hunting ground for Satan in these times. Seems political families are ripe for this weakness.

Governor Cuomo, Cardinal Dolan continue war of words over abortion

Cuomo said people such as Dolan and President Trump were 'spreading falsehoods about abortion laws to inflame their base'

More than two weeks after New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a law expanding legal protection for abortion, his battle with New York’s Cardinal Timothy Dolan continues in the op-ed pages of New York newspapers.

In a February 6 op-ed in the New York Times, Cuomo accused President Donald Trump and the “religious right”, including Dolan, of “spreading falsehoods about abortion laws to inflame their base.”

“Activists on the far right continue to mislead with the ridiculous claim that the act will allow abortions up to a minute before birth,” he wrote.

According to the law’s wording, the Reproductive Health Act will allow for abortions “within 24 weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or (when) there is an absence of fetal viability, or at any time when necessary to protect a patient’s life or health.” The bill also removes act of abortion from the criminal code, and instead places it in the public-health code, and strips most safeguards and regulations on the procedure. Non-doctors will now be permitted to perform abortions.

“While Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York, and the Catholic Church are anti-choice, most Americans, including most Catholics, are pro-choice,” Cuomo said. “While governments may very well enact laws that are consistent with religious teaching, governments do not pass laws to be consistent with what any particular religion dictates.”

Cuomo, himself a Catholic, said he signed the Reproductive Health Act “to protect against” the “extreme conservatives” who want to overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the U.S.

“The decisions I choose to make in my life, or in counseling my daughters, are based on my personal moral and religious beliefs,” Cuomo said, but the “oath of office is to the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of New York – not to the Catholic Church. My religion cannot demand favoritism as I execute my public duties.”

New York has consistently been one of the most pro-choice states, and was the first to legalize abortion in 1970, three years prior to the passing of Roe v. Wade. It currently has the highest abortion rate in the nation.

In a post to his personal blog, Dolan shot back, accusing Cuomo of “hiding behind labels” like the “religious right” to malign those opposed to abortion when it was convenient for him.

“This is something new from the governor,” Dolan wrote. “He did not consider me part of the ‘religious right’ when seeking my help with the minimum wage increase, prison reform, protection of migrant workers, a welcome of immigrants and refugees, and advocacy for college programs for the state’s inmate population, which we were happy to partner with him on, because they were our causes too. I guess I was part of the ‘religious left’ in those cases.”

Quoting former Democratic Pennsylvania Governor Robert Casey, Dolan noted that abortion is not about “right versus left, but right versus wrong.” Dolan also rejected Cuomo’s attempt to cast abortion as a “Catholic issue” instead of a human rights issue.

“The governor also continues his attempt to reduce the advocacy for the human rights of the pre-born infant to a ‘Catholic issue,’ an insult to our allies of so many religions, or none at all. Governor Casey again: ‘I didn’t get my pro-life belief from my religion class in a Catholic school, but from my biology and U.S. Constitution classes,’” Dolan noted.

Responding to Cuomo’s remarks that religion is personal, Dolan said: “Yes, religion is personal; it’s hardly private, as the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and struggle for civil rights so eloquently showed. Governor Cuomo’s professed faith teaches discrimination against immigrants is immoral, too. Does that mean he cannot let that moral principle guide his public policy? Clearly not.”

“Debate abortion on what it is. Don’t hide behind labels like ‘right wing’ and ‘Catholic,’” the Cardinal concluded. It is not the first time Cuomo and Dolan have exchanged words over the Reproductive Health Act, as well as the Child Victim’s Act, which extended the statute of limitations for reporting childhood sexual abuse.

At a late January press conference, Cuomo slammed the Catholic Church over the sex abuse crisis: “Tell the truth. Jesus Christ teaches about truth and justice – social justice – and that’s not what the church did here,” he said.

In a January 28 op-ed in the New York Post, Dolan criticized Cuomo for insulting the Church and for signing the “ghoulish radical abortion-expansion law.”

“All this in a state that already had the most permissive abortion laws in the country,” the cardinal wrote. “Those who once told us that abortion had to remain safe, legal and rare now have made it dangerous, imposed and frequent.”

Responding to Dolan’s criticism, as well as calls from several other bishops for his excommunication, Cuomo doubled down on his defense of separating his religion from his politics in comments to reporters: “I have my own Catholic beliefs, how I live my life. … That is my business as a Catholic…I don’t govern as a Catholic. I don’t legislate as a Catholic.”

https://catholicherald.co.uk/news/2019/02/08/cuomo-cardinal-dolan-is-part-of-the-religious-right/

AED and Beth B like this.
  15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

If Dolan expects his words to have any impact, he needs to couple them with the teeth of a church sanction Every Catholic pro abortion politician watching this historic rhetorical war of words will take comfort that if that’s all the fallout Cuomo gets from signing the death warrant for babies until the moment they are born, they’ll have nothing to fear except a slap on the wrist themselves. A little bad mouthing for killing babies...really?

AED likes this.
  16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes..it’s so in your face satanic...that’s why the church needs to have the moral courage to fight this evil with as much force as possible. If they don’t....God help them....it will proliferate.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and RoryRory like this.
  17. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

From the guy who would walk right into the room where the baby was being "comforted" and be willing to target it for death....after a "discussion"!

Gov. Northam: ‘I Am Not Going Anywhere’ — Virginia Needs Someone with a Moral Compass

He added, “Right now, Virginia needs someone that can heal. There’s no better person to do that than a doctor. Virginia also needs someone who is strong, who has empathy, who has courage, and who has a moral compass and that’s why I am not going anywhere.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/201...re-virginia-needs-someone-with-moral-compass/

HeavenlyHosts and Beth B like this.
  18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

This narcissism rises to supersonic heights. Utterly tone deaf.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

josephite, Carol55, sterph and 3 others like this.