Nasty Fall

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mario, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

I'll be going into Urgent Care to be examined and most probably have x-rays taken. Probable injuries: either a sprain of the left hand or perhaps slight fracture of some smaller bones below "my pinky," and fracture involving my left knee cap. I have a nasty bump on my right knee, but cerebral palsy to some degree minimizes pain receptors. And my head did bounce off the pavement. But then, rattled brains would probably be an improvement.:LOL:

I drove home first, but now that the adrenaline has worn off it will be for the best. My stubborn manhood:rolleyes: can't compete with Geralyn who has a medical background.

Prayers would be appreciated!:D

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

2. Sam

Sam Powers

Good for Geralyn1 Prayers!

Booklady, Jo M, Mario and 3 others like this.
  3. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

Prayers to you and may you stay safe! Don't forget your mask!!!!:(

Booklady, Jo M, Mario and 4 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Oh Terry how awful. Praying for you tonight.

Booklady, Jo M, Mario and 2 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I'll be praying, Mario.
    God bless you and get you all healed up soon.

6. Rain

Rain Powers

Those kind of falls can come back to haunt you. I'm glad Geralyn is there to convince you to go to Urgent Care (men can be do stubborn). Prayers going up.

Booklady, Jo M, AED and 3 others like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I will offer it up at Mass this evening Mario.

Booklady, Jo M, AED and 2 others like this.
  8. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I'll include you in my prayers. Stay safe

Booklady, Jo M, AED and 2 others like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

In my rosary today

Booklady, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Really! You think so?:censored::ROFLMAO:

Deanna, I actually broke out laughing just now. I was delayed in praying the breviary because of today's circumstances, but in Ps 145 it promised:

14 The LORD upholds all who are falling, and raises up all who are bowed down.:giggle::giggle:

And the first of the petitions for this early evening reads as follows:

Christ, our frail humanity is prone to fall - strengthen us through your help. Lord have mercy!:LOL::LOL:

Now I know better the Creator of humor! Timing is of the utmost!:ROFLMAO:

Edit:

Actually, the doctor on call said to get in touch with them in the morning; go figure!:whistle: I'll let you all know the verdict tomorrow afternoon.:p

Que sera sera!

Great and wonderful are Thy wondrous deeds, O Lord! :coffee:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Booklady, Jo M, Sam and 3 others like this.
  11. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Just saw this. Praying for you. Wow, life is a bowl of cherries sometimes isn't it.

Praying nothing is really bad and all can be fixed.

12. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Sounds like a nasty fall Mario. I'll pray that you have no broken bones and will make a speedy recovery. Good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humour.

I already say a Memorare for you every day to keep you virus free during your ministry. Maybe the fall was the Lord's way of saving you from a more serious illness.

Booklady, Sam, Mario and 2 others like this.
  13. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I have just placed you in my prayers for tomorrow. May you be fit as a fiddle soon---many people need you so Please God heal Mario quickly.

Sam, Mario, AED and 1 other person like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

So sorry Terry,

you did have a very nasty fall. I hope your good wife pampers you back to normal....but still, you’ll be hurting for awhile. Prayers for a speedy recovery. ​

HeavenlyHosts, Mario and AED like this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Prayers going up.

16. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

Prayers for you Terry

Mario, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  17. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayrs through the day, Terry.

It must have been a bad shock.

18. Mario

Mario Powers

I wanted to share that yesterday was actually one of those special days at the hospital which makes my ministry of chaplaincy all worthwhile. A Catholic woman who has been away from the Faith for many years came into Upstate with serious health problems. Her heart was broken because the man she had been living with, left her for another woman who happened to be the patient's "best" friend. Her saving grace is that while not praying the Rosary, she offers up a few Hail Marys before going to bed. Her idea of God was clouded by the image of One ready to exact punishment on her for her many sins. I did acknowledge we're accountable to God when we choose to turn away from Him, but then I walked her through Luke 7:36-50. It was as if a light bulb turned on; she was amazed at the tenderness and mercy of Jesus toward this known sinner. I pointed out how godly love can only spring forth from a forgiven heart and how the passage images the precious gift of Confession. We prayed an Act of Contrition together and I made arrangements for a priest to visit her. Initially that fell through because the priest had to attend to a dying patient, so please pray fervently that this moment of openness bears fruit.

Mary, thank you for never letting go of this child. We place in your hands this woman's desire for the Sacrament of Penance and the resulting grace to receive Jesus in Holy Communion.

Jer 31:3 The Lord hath appeared from afar to me. Yea I have loved thee with everlasting love, therefore have I drawn thee, taking pity on thee.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Advocata Nostra, Jo M, Sam and 3 others like this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers

Perhaps the Cross of your fall opened the door to the grace of her conversion.:);)

Advocata Nostra, Jo M, Sam and 4 others like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think so.

Advocata Nostra, Jo M, Sam and 3 others like this.