My small city

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by DesertStar7, Jul 22, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Desert southwest.

People here reserved, conservative, large Roman Catholic population.

Not given to public displays of emotion.

Yesterday "The New Mexico Supreme Court reversed a District Court decision that would have allowed restaurants to open indoor dining areas after they were ordered closed by the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic."

The 2nd time there's been a sudden reversal concerning restaurants. o_O

One restaurant owner in tears. Another stood outside her establishment with a bullhorn. Local TV news.

Totally understandable!! And TRULY a warning of the pressures felt. :(

Now I've heard (TV news) that a program of assistance ($600 per month) towards rent expires in August.
    :unsure::X3:

AED, Booklady, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  2. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

So if I understand you right, the NMSC has ordered the restaurants to close themselves to indoor dining again?

AED and Mary's child like this.
  3. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

Seems a lot of the states are doing this "second wave" bs. Here in AZ Gov Ducey shut us down, again, and left it to the cities to enforce masks. It is all bs. Honestly. The death numbers are going down, down, down so why the fear. Cases are going up in some states but are they really. Look what happened in Florida. And they count death by car accident, heart attack, terminal cancer as covid if the person tested positive. So the numbers are wrong.

These poor businesses that are trying their best to stay afloat and these governor's and mayor's are saying to bad so sad close up because it is in the public's best interest. But no one seems to care about these poor people with businesses. Like people have unending sources of $$$$ to stay home and relax until covid is over. Oh wait, that is our politicians.

Literally, the insane are running the asylum.

Julia, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Yes.

After only 5 hours (on Monday) of their being allowed to reopen at 50% capacity. :( People were eating their meals when the announcement came through.

Back in April there was a sudden about-face of 50% capacity to no indoor dining.

Mayors are set to formally petition the Governor to again allow 50% capacity and keep it. :coffee:

It's getting down to the wire. We can't continue running the risk of a real civil war erupting.

Tanker likes this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Agreed. (y)

6. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Is civil war really likely? Or are we perhaps seeing its infancy wit BLM etc?

DesertStar7 likes this.
  7. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Are the blm untouchable when it comes to the covid virus. Rioting, vandalism, violence and total lack of respect for civil law seems to be ok!

A couple who brought their guns out within their own property are being charged for trying to defend themselves. They never even fired a shot. The mob had broken down an iron gate at the entrance to their property paraded in throwing their weight around, and were threatening the couple. I think tribalism is being allowed to surface in USA as a deliberate means to break down civilisation.

Sanctus, Tanker and DesertStar7 like this.
  8. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Honestly, I've been awaiting THE event which triggers a true (blood and bullets) civil war for 3 years now.

Sure hope it never happens.

Agreed. I was astonished after Pres. Obama completed his 2nd and final term, safe and sound, was voted into Office in 2008 primarily by White votes ... and "suddenly everything" is sexism and racism like it's 1916 in Alabama (instead of 2016). :whistle:

That is what woke me up, politically speaking.

Sanctus, garabandal and Julia like this.
  9. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

I don't think they are untouchable. I think what is happening is we are being allowed to see things for what they are. BLM is joke. Probably get in trouble for saying that. The "movement" is not a joke but the organization is. It is being used to incite division and violence and they hide behind the race card to allow their behaviors to continue. If you speak out against blm you are racist. Racism exists of course but not to the level the media and groups like these lead us to believe. So it is being allowed so we can "see" it and the repercussions. Most Americans are not on board with this but the media portrays it as most Americans want these riots and chaos. The media is our worst enemy.

The McKlosky's had every right to defend their property. How did they know that mob wouldn't have continued and physically hurt them, any kids or guests that might have been inside their house. The DA in that city is part of the swamp and the swamp does not want to play by the rules. I am praying for these people.

I have had several police officers in my life, all friends, say if anything happened in our house that the best phrase to say is "I feared for my life". ANd I believe this couple truly did fear for their lives.

It is going to get worse here until the election. And then I believe their will be wicked riots after the election either way the results are. I just think the devil and his minions are rampant in some people and they just want violence. They have no real cause.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I hope the event is not the assassination of President Trump.

He has many enemies in high places and needs our prayers.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  11. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

I think that if the pandemic worsens in the USA by November and the president gives in to the pressure to allow voting by mail, there could be a dilemma of legitimacy over the election result that would set America's streets on fire and could pave the way for other events in America like terrorist attacks.

garabandal and DesertStar7 like this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Exactly.

My sister's stepson is 24 and resides in a major city recently rocked by weeks of violent protest. C's been brainwashed to believe there's hideous racism all around, all the time. Born in 1995, and I can personally attest (residing in a "minority" neighborhood with my "minority" husband since before C as born) to his being seriously misled.

It's doubly sad, as he is White, and unless he's constantly wearing Pride pins or shirts, no one knows he's gay -- and he might get attacked "in revenge." Which hatred he's unwittingly helping to foster.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Tanker likes this.