My Sister, Siobhain

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Sep 11, 2014.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Please pray for my sister Siobhain who was diagnosed with liver cancer last night, the biopsy comes shortly.

Job 1:21
    Job Loses his Children and Property
    20Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." 22Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

starting my rosary right now and Siobhan will be in my intentions.....so sorry Padraig.

3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    So sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers. Seems like a plague at the minute, so many people going down suddenly with cancer.
    Has she got family?

4. padraig

padraig Powers

Many thanks.:)

James 5:16

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes Mary she has a son and daughter Tom and Shona both in their early twenties. Thank God they are not children and a husband, Tom.

Siobhain has been yery much into Yoga and had even gone to India to teach it. She runs her won cnetntre, 'The Light House Centre', in Belfast. So I was a little concerned for her spiritual well being. But apparently last night when she got the news she said how much she would like to go to mass in Clonard Monastery..where I go to mass every day.

It seems like Our Blessed Lady is answering my prayers before they even come out of my mouth. :)

[​IMG]

mothersuperior7, jerry and miker like this.
  6. miker

miker Powers

She will be remembered in my Rosary today and Mass on Saturday. Peace.

7. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Praying...how awful

8. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Cancer again. Ugh.

Prayers going up for Siobhain and her family.

9. Lifesong

Lifesong Angels

I am so sorry to hear that Padraig, will tuck her into my rosary today that she will have healing and peace.

10. Carmel333

Carmel333 Powers

Will also pray for her! How wonderful that she wants to go back to Mass with you and get serious about reconciling with God though. Several weeks ago I was very sick and getting worse. I was praying when I woke up one morning and asking Jesus to help me as I'm all alone. He said "the Eucharist heals" so I got out of bed early and made it to Mass. I was instantly healed upon receiving the Eucharist. I know that I should already know that...but I had to be told again. (y)

Jeanne and mothersuperior7 like this.
  11. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Praying...

12. Charity

Charity Mercy

Praying for her and you as well

13. padraig

padraig Powers

Thanks so much for all your prayers!

I got the news this morning at work by phone call and thought I would work on. But I had to leave abruptly shortly afterwards and take the day off, some of which I spent just in bed sleeping. You never know quite how such things will hit you but thank God for Faith. I don't know how people manage without it.

I was at mass this morning. It was such a beautiful start for the day. They left the big doors in front of the Church open. At the end of mass the rising sun was shining in right towards me through the doors and as I watched the people leaving it was as though they were all walking into a great ball of light. Very beautiful.

I thought as I watched them walking into the light, that this is what Christians do , they walk into the light. Both now every day, but at the end of life too.

Now my sister to will be walking off into Light.

How terrible to believe that it is only a door with nothing behind it. No light, only dark.

14. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

prayers on the way for Siobhain, Padraig!

15. I will lift her up in prayers Padraig.(y):coffee:

16. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Praying for her at adoration...

17. Allyd

Allyd Principalities

Praying for her Padraig, I am so sorry!

18. padraig

padraig Powers

Thanks so much, I am just getting ready to visit her in the hospital.:)

What to say? Maybe little just listen.

19. MMM

MMM Guest

Will pray for her and you also Padraig.

I also can't fathom living without faith and believing this world is all there is. Regardless of our level of faith I am conforted by Jesus saying to Faustina I desire the whole world to know about my Infinite mercy.

Mercy that is limitless, endless, impossible to measure, this is the true love of God and once people feel this love upon passing who would refuse it??? We may despise our life choices, errors and sins and feel unworthy but this is exactly the price Jesus paid for us. Really amazing. I don't believe you need to find JC on earth to be offered this infinite mercy either......with God all things are possible.

20. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

padraig, prayers for your sister.

My sister was given the same diagnosis. After she was diagnosed, I went to see her and asked "Ann, have you gone to Confession?" She said "Yes, two months ago."

Later on, at the hospital, she was so sick. I came home, the next morning, a prayer came to mind. I said out loud "Please God heal Ann." I immediately heard a little above and kind of behind me two words. "I did."

Jeanne likes this.