My prayer requests for Lent.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Feb 26, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Well the fun and peace of winter is over, and already the armies of evil are emerging from their strongholds to begin their spring campaign. Yesterday evening, on an old secular forum site that I have been, for the most part, peacefully hanging out on; a Protestant attacked something I posted regarding Our Lady and engaging in the usual anti-Marian trash. I am engaging in a little bit of apologetics, but for the most part, I'm trying to ignore him and pray for him. However, a woman from of all places Poland, who admitted both there and elsewhere that she's a fallen away Catholic; commented on that thread and said that she never understood devotion to Mary and always felt that it was a form of adoration. On top of that, another guy came on the thread and started peacefully asking questions about venerating Our Lady, which I'm focusing on explaining well, his username is "EzraS" I'm not sure whether it's his real name of not. Please pray for all these people, and pray that I fair well in engaging in apologetics and evangelization here, I'm trying really hard to focus on God first and foremost during this ordeal.

But moving on to my original plans for Lent, (sorry this prayer request is so long, just hear me out) I have two big plans for Lent. First, is that I want to open up with my parents about my childhood, now that I have finally healed from my wounds, and I plan on opening up to them on the Feast of the Annunciation, after renewing my Marian Consecration. The second plan I'm working on, is that I'm discerning whether or not to contact and speak with a certain individual by the name of Kevin Franklin. I'm confident that I could speak with him in a safe way, provided that it was the Lord's will, but I want to really discern whether that's best thing for the two of us. I'll be making my final decision, again, on the Feast of the Annunciation, in the time I plan on praying for Kevin Franklin and souls like him, including prayerfully taking cold showers for them every morning! :LOL::eek:

So those are my prayer requests and plans for Lent, sorry again that this is such a long post. Please pray for me and everyone involved. I'm also praying offering up reparations for all that's been happening in the Church as well.

Sam likes this.
  2. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I’m starting to get really angry right now, I didn’t sleep well last night and had a close call. (And the parish in the neighbouring town I go to for confession won’t be hearing confessions either this week or the next.) The online situation is taking a very bad turn, and adding to my anger. And right now my glasses just fell off and the lenses came out and can’t find one of them, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to mass today!

I need prayers! I can’t fall back after making it this far!

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Maybe just leave that other forum. :)

Dolours, Sam and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I have ignored the guy on that forum, and am taking a break for today.

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

A priest told me not too long ago that we have no idea who we are communicating with online and it could be the devil.
    That’s what he told me .

Jo M, Sam, RosaryWielder and 2 others like this.
  6. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I see,

I'm thinking about it, there are a lot of things I have to over though. Give me some time to prayerfully think everything over, I'll get back to you.

AED likes this.
  7. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I believe that had it been under almost any other topic, I could have done well. it's just that, because it was Our Blessed Mother that was being attacked and blasphemed, when I was in a state of weakness, I started to lose it. I'm not still not sure whether or not I should leave; but please pray that I work on getting into a better habit of offering up suffers and bearing my cross better.

8. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Prayers. :)

RosaryWielder likes this.
  9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I've decided I will stay, but take a very long break and be more careful when I come back. It was only one guy after all.

I'll focus more on my plans for Lent, and my spiritual and temporal affairs in general.

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

One more thing, yesterday, during the ordeal on that forum site, I snapped at someone (EzraS to be exact) and misunderstood their intent. I knew it was a bad thing, but I wasn't scrupulous about it. Today however, as I was making my arrangements to leave, someone brought it up and it made me feel guilty and scrupulous about it. I attended mass today, and I took the leap of Faith and received Communion, and felt peace while doing it. But before and after receiving Communion I was feeling really scrupulous over the whole thing. Please pray that I handle this well and focus on Jesus and Mary, I believe what I committed in regards to my outburst, was a material sin at worst.

Sam, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:eek: Sobering thought.

HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.
  12. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I really hate to bring this up again but, the apostate Polish woman said something to me, (and said and did a couple of things prior to that, which added to the offensiveness and hypocrisy of her statement) that really angered me, and I have been having a real hard time getting my mind off of them. I need your prayers to help take my mind off of them. Please pray for me, I've already told her to stay away from me, and I'll probably put her on ignore when I get back.

13. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Thanks everyone, I'm better now.

I still have a long way to go in learning to bear my cross.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Don’t we all?:ROFLMAO::eek:
    I got pretty huffy today over a parking space, of all the stupid things.

15. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Why is my anger coming back now? (Not over what happened above, but over something else that transpired this morning.) I now find myself ready to explode, I'm worried that I'm on the verge of committing a mortal sin.

Sam likes this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Praying

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Maybe you are picking up demons when you visit sites on the internet. They hang around. For me, this is not the time to go to sites. Not a time for social media. For me, just staying close to Our Lady and Our Lord and being very careful.

RosaryWielder and Sam like this.
  18. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Thanks, I'll definitely take that thought into account and try to cut down on social media. I haven't even glanced at that forum site since yesterday.

I am making progress with my two goals for Lent, hopefully make even more this coming weekend.

19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

YAY!
    Thank God.

20. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

I'm starting to realize, that I may be uncovering a wound or something I was not aware of before, that is contributing a lot to the anger I'm struggling with.

Please pray for me as I go through with whatever uncharted territory I'm entering.

Sam likes this.
  21. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I will do that, RW. It’s a Lenten gift to you from God. I got one myself, recently.:)

RosaryWielder, Sam and Shae like this.
  22. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

Rats! I fell, I don’t know if it was lack of trust or if I just let my guard down, but I fell, and at a time like this.

Please pray that I make it to confession this Thursday, I really don’t want to go through what might be coming without confession.

Sam likes this.