my mother

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by darrell, Dec 3, 2008.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

My Mom's health is extrememly poor. She suffers from a number of illnesses and has been in a downward spiral for a long time. Father Suarez will be in Arizona, at our parish tonight only, and I have convinced my Mom to go. I will drive an hour to get her, and hour to bring her to mass, then another round trip for me to take her home then drive home. Please pray that the Lord will give her what she needs most.

http://www.fatherfernando.com/index.html

Darrell

2. Lee

Lee Principalities

Absolutely Darrell, prayers with you for the travel and the graces which will be coming to you both.

3. padraig

padraig New Member

At the feet of Mary!! :D

4. Seán

Seán New Member

I'll pray for your mother.

Seán

5. Rain

Rain Powers

May God's grace pour upon your dear mother ( and you too, darrell).

6. Mario

Mario Powers

Ditto!

Amen!

7. Lee

Lee Principalities

OK Darrell, now you have to tell us all about the evening. I've heard incredible things about the healing that come through the padre.

8. darrell

darrell New Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you. I just finished 4 days of very long shifts at the hospital, 46 hours total, and I’m pretty exhausted at the moment.

Let's see, my sister-in-law, who also has some major health issues decided to come also, so she ended up driving my mother which save me about 4 hours driving.

The Healing Mass was beautiful. There were 5 other priests present, and it's not been many times in my life where I've been to Mass with that many priests there. Father Suarez said that every Mass is a healing mass, which makes sense. He talked briefly about how God began to use him for healing which the story is on the web site. After the Mass, he prayed over every single person there -- about 2 thousand people. We had to wait over 2 hours before it was our turn. My impression of him was that he is very down to earth but also very holy. I don't get that immediate impression of holiness from very many people, but I got it from him. There were quite a number of healings -- deaf who could hear, crippled who could walk, people healed of chronic pain. One woman who had been crippled from birth walked up the stairs! She had never in her life climbed stairs before! There was not an immediate healing for my mother's physical problems., but I prayed that God would give her what she needs most, so I have no doubt that He has. My brother and sister in law left the Church a few years ago, so I was a pleasantly surprisd when I heard she was coming. I sensed she was moved by the Mass, so please pray that my brother and his wife will return to the Church.