My fifth First Saturday Devotion

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Jul 5, 2018.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

This Saturday will be my fifth and final First Saturday Devotion, (Not that I'm going to stop making my First Saturday Devotions after this.) tomorrow, I will be going to confession and then on Saturday I'll be doing the rest. (I'll also be doing my second or third First Friday Devotion on Friday.)

I have been struggling a lot with bad thoughts and other difficulties throughout today and have a lot of concerns about various things that can happen, like there being no confession available tomorrow. I'm trying my best to overcome these thoughts, and trust in God, but I need your prayers to help make this final stretch. Please pray for me that I can make it to confession and do my fifth and Final First Saturday Devotion and be as open to God's graces as possibly can on that final First Saturday.

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  2. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

I am not sure if it applies to where you live, but do you know about the My Confessor App from Fr Richard Heilman?

"The My Confessor App is a way to find an available priest for confession (You cannot “go to” Confession on this app, but just find a priest, and then you go to him). Also, a guide to examine your conscience, and a guide for making a good confession. All in one simple app. Even if a priest is not using it in your area, you’ll want to use this app to examine your conscience and guide your Confession (with the Act of Contrition that many have not yet memorised)."
    https://www.romancatholicman.com/announcement-the-all-new-my-confessor-app-my-gift-to-you/

View attachment 8201

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

RW,
    Confession does not have to be close to the First Saturday
    If you are in a state of grace, you can make the First Saturday devotions and go to Confession later
    I have read where you have an 8 day window of opportunity for Confession before and after First Sat.
    Best wishes and prayers

4. Mario

Mario Powers

RW,

The devil, who I've named JoeJerk, must be really mad at you for striving to complete the First Saturdays. In that sense your temptations are a good sign!:D Don't give up; victory is at hand!

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

5. Mario

Mario Powers

You are right, HH!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

6. RosaryWielder

Thank you very much, this app has helped me immensely!

gracia, SgCatholic and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. RosaryWielder

Thank you ver much for your prayers everyone. It looks like everything is about to come down to the last minute here, I'm going to have make my confession first thing just before mass this Sunday. (I have fallen into several mortal sins since making this post.) Please pray that I hold out, and trust in God's mercy, and make this last leap of Faith!

gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

God bless you
    You are in a time zone three hours behind where I am so the prayers will help you early Sunday:)

RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  9. RosaryWielder

I made it through, I really hate to say this but, I was having a great day and was really grateful to God for making it through this. But then something happened that’s really disturbed me and is messing things up, I won’t describe it here but, I’m really upset over this, and I’m really worried that I probably committed a mortal sin on the same day after doing the fifth and final First Saturday Devotion and receiving the grace of Final Perseverance!

Please keep me in your prayers, I’ll describe what happened in another thread.

10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Just keep on going to the Sacraments, Confession and Communion. God bless you and keep you in His care.

gracia and RosaryWielder like this.
  11. RosaryWielder

I have decided to offer my next 5 First Saturday Devotions up for my father, please pray for him, he is basically a nominal catholic.

HeavenlyHosts and gracia like this.
  12. RosaryWielder

I've started my set of first Saturdays for my dad.

Quick question, when saying your confession for the first Saturday devotion, do you have to say you're doing it in reparation for blasphemies and outrages against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, or can you simply say you're doing it for your first Saturday Devotion?

gracia and Praetorian like this.
  13. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I don't know if there is an exact way to do it, but what I do is offer up each first Saturday for one of the outrages and blasphemies listed and I say the particular offense by name.

For example on the First Saturday I would say "I offer up this First Saturday in reparation for offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. In particular for offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Conception."

Then on the second First Saturday I would say "I offer up this First Saturday in reparation for offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. In particular for offenses and blasphemies committed against Her Perpetual Virginity."

And so on until I had gone through the entire list.

The five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:

1. Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.

2. Blasphemies against Her Perpetual Virginity.

3. Blasphemies against Her Divine Maternity, in refusing at the same time to recognize Her as the Mother of men.

4. The blasphemies of those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even hatred of this Immaculate Mother.

5. The offenses of those who outrage Her directly in Her holy images.

gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This covers it all!

gracia and Praetorian like this.