My Father.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Jul 18, 2010.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Just to ask your prayers for the soul of my father , who died this morning. I have no doubt that he will wake to a better place than this.

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord...

2. Allyd

Allyd Angels

I am so sorry to hear that Padraig. Praying for his soul!! He is in another much better place, may God grant him eternal rest.

3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, in my thoughts and prayers

You have another intercessor in heaven

God Bless you and your family

Bobby

4. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Padraig- as much as we are happy that he is in heaven, I'm sure his leaving is a great loss for you and your family. Its a joy tinged with sadness until you see him again. My prayers are with you and your family. Kath

5. Rain

Rain Powers

Padraig, I am so sorry. No matter the circumstances, the age, or the depth of your own faith, the loss of a parent is a major blow. I will send up prayers for your precious father and for you too.

6. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks for all your kind thoughts!! Its good having had a while to get ready. I am sure indeed he is in heaven. My brother asked my sister this morning (in whose house he died) how she could be so peaceful; she replied, 'Because of my faith'. I love things like this.

7. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

What's the day and time of his funeral Mass? I would especially like to pray during that hour.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him!

8. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    Sunday is a special day to die and I pray for Gods mercy for your father. May he rest in peace.

GOD BLESS

Mary

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks so much for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Terry the funeral is at 2 PM tomorrow, Tuesday in Saint Pauls , Belfat. My father wanted the Old Mass so we are hving it in the full Tridentine Rite. Thank goodness the new Pope has changed things so this is very easy to do, he also didn't want buried from our ultra modern parish Church. I don't fault him for that either. I try to avoid going there unless I realy have to...

[​IMG]

10. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    I will send my angel guardian to the Mass. I remember your father said some time ago that he wouldnt see you after July. I think he thought you were going away but it seems he was the one travelling to a new country.

Mary

11. Catherine

Catherine New Member

Praying for your father's soul...may he rest in peace. Now, he's praying for you from above! Sunday is a wonderful day to pass away on...and July 18th, being only just two days after the feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel (July 16th)...that's special!

12. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Padraig,

Prayers for you, your father and your family. I entrust you all to the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady.

13. darrell

darrell New Member

Padraig,

Praying for you and your family, my friend.

Darrell

14. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

I have never known to send my guardian angel anywhere- what a wonderful idea. I'll ask my own to attend also. The crossing of so many miles to share in prayer. :)

15. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks agin for all your prayers. I will look forward to seeing your guardian angels at the mass!! :D

The Friday before my father died, in the morning after Mass, I was driving into work when I got hit my the most terrible Migraine headache which almost blinded me. I had to trun right round home and take the day of work. Anyhow the next night I had to stay on my own in my sisters for the first time to spell her as she was tired. I felt so sorry for my father as it had dragged on so long and he had had a lot of pain, some of it very bad. So I decided to pray to Our Lady and it cme to me , once again that suffering has meaning and it was to get my father ready for going home to save time in Purgatory that this was happening. Anyhow I prayed that there might be a way round this and not long after my father died very peacefully with a sigh.

The next morning, leaving I got hit with another Migraine , really very bad indeed this time which led me up all day.

When I woke up later in the day I was a little disturbed at having two Migraines so close together and such terrible ones that really shook me , when I hadn;t had one now really in over a year and they are usually mild compared to these two.

Then I suddenly understood in prayer that through the headaches I was able to hurry my father along a little on his way. So fulfilling the words of Saint Paul:

Colossians 1:24
    Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

This brought me the deepest joy and peace that I had been allowed to help out a little in this. It give meaning and purpose and joy to what, on the surface seemed random and worrying events.

I love the Church for this, not only that faith brings the deepest joy and peace but that it is so logical and right. That our Father our Dear God is not only loving but Just.

I love it particualrly that all suffering has meaning and purpose and intent when it is borne in love and faith. So, all thigs work together unto the good of those who love God...what a promise!!! A promise ALWAYS FULFILLED AND UNDER EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE.

God's promises that rock on which we stand, the promise of our salvation.

[​IMG]

16. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, may God bless your father and your family at this tender time. I too will be praying for his soul during the mass. Even though you were preparing for it, the loss is still difficult. I place it in Our Lady's lap.

Lee

17. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Padraig, you and your father will be in my prayers....

Siobhan

18. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

Thanks for relaying the time of Holy Mass for your Dad. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend morning Mass in the States at the same time. I felt very united to your family.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

19. Seán

Seán New Member

Padraig,

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. No doubt he is sharing in his eternal reward, having
    completed his life's mission.

Prayers offered at this time.

Shane

20. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Padraig,
    My prayers are with you and your family, and I pray for your father, as he travels along his new and exciting path to Heaven. My grandson is still here at my house with us, and I have not been on the computer as much lately, so
    I just heard of your Father's passing. I will pray a peace chaplet tonight for him. Take care.